Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Revolution Order of War | General Discussions

Default Re: Revolution Order of War (ROW) - A French Revolution Mod (UPDATE - FIRST UNIT PREVIEW)

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    @ Soult, next time I can get into contact with Beale I'll discuss that with him. It's hard when lives on the other side of the world.
    Not to be a nit picker, but the artillerymen's hat of the Italian campaign gun crews are totally wrong, the corsican hat was introduced (for a very short time) only in 1806. During the Italian campaign the austrian artillerymen used a tricorn hat, (the one used by the italian campaign austrian dragoons is just perfect) The artillery officer is OK as it is now!

cheers!
    soult
    "What is difficult in training will become easy in a battle" Alexander V. Suvorov

Default Re: Revolution Order of War (ROW) - A French Revolution Mod (UPDATE - FIRST UNIT PREVIEW)

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Soult View Post
    Not to be a nit picker, but the artillerymen's hat of the Italian campaign gun crews are totally wrong, the corsican hat was introduced (for a very short time) only in 1806. During the Italian campaign the austrian artillerymen used a tricorn hat, (the one used by the italian campaign austrian dragoons is just perfect) The artillery officer is OK as it is now!

cheers!
    soult
    maybe the devs have tried to model the round brimmed hat used by some crews during the late revolutionary wars. in this case it would be correct. But the vast majority of the artillery still used the flat-fronted tricorn.
    "What is difficult in training will become easy in a battle" Alexander V. Suvorov

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

Well everything will probably be most splendid. Thanks for the info chaps.

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

If they're historic for the time, we'll keep them. But at the moment they're fairly low on our list. Currently our first priority for minors are Spain, Bavaria and Poland. Most others are rather out of the way and Spain was a major player in the 1st Coalition.

@ Soult, next time I can get into contact with Beale I'll discuss that with him. It's hard when lives on the other side of the world.
    I have a book by Manuel Ribeiro Rodrigues with lots of pictures of Portuguese uniforms in this period and I can share them with the modders if they want to include them (I have permission from the author to share them). Portugal participated in the War of the Pyrenees on the side of Spain in 1793-5.
    Last edited by Geronimo2006; November 06, 2010 at 06:07 AM.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Yes that would be great Geronimo.

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

NB: The men wearing red-sashes (usually around waist) below are the officers. The coat-colours are mostly Prussian-blue except for some drummers and the Armada (before 1797).

Infantry uniforms (1783). They are: First Row: 1st Porto Infantry regiment, Viana Infantry Regiment, Almeida Infantry Regiment. Second Line: Chaves Infantry Regiment, 1st Braga Infantry Regiment, 2nd Braga Infantry Regiment, Third row: Cascais Infantry Regiment, 1st Olivenca Infantry Regiment, and 2nd Olivenca Infantry Regiment:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Also, in the next picture is the 2nd Porto Infantry Regiment in 1783:

More infantry from 1783: First row: 1st Elvas Infantry Regiment (1783), 2nd Elvas Infantry Regiment (1783). Second row: Peniche Infantry Regiment (1783), Schaumburg-Lippe (1783):

Next are 4 Artillery regiments:[spoiler] First row: Porto Artillery Regiment (1783), Reino do Algarve Artillery (1783). Second row: Corte Artillery Regiment (1783), Estremoz Artillery Regiment (1783):

Next are cavalry pictures.The third figure in each picture below seems to be the musician. First row: Meklembourg Cavalry regiment (1783), Alcantara Cavalry Regiment (1783), Castelo Branco Cavalry Regiment (1783). Second row: Elvas Cavalry Regiment (1783), Moura Cavalry Regiment (1783), Olivenca Cavalry Regiment (1783). Third row: Almeida cavalry Regiment (1783), Chaves Cavalry Regiment (1783), Braganca Cavalry Regiment (1783).

Next are uniforms from 1764 but they are Lippe-reform uniforms and they were largely still in force for the rest of the century. Top-to-bottom: Artillery regiment of Sao Juliao de Barra, Cavalry regiment of Evora, Royal Corp of Engineers:
    Top-to-bottom:1st Armada Regiment (Marines) (1764 but uniform was the same at this time) and 2nd Armada Regiment (Marines). These regiments were replaced with the BRM (Royal Marine Brigade in 1797 with Prussian-blue uniforms):

Last edited by Geronimo2006; November 07, 2010 at 01:24 AM.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

lilbrit73's Avatar Libertus

Could I BETA test it I have a lot of spare time just PM me, I can also program unit packs.PM me and let me know. btw +rep ROW Team.

dis is gunna be awesome. a perfect segue between ETW & NTW
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse

I recall that in the years fashion to the east was dying Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, 2 in the world and first in Europe who introduced the country's constitution. It will be something on this topic in fashion?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partitions_of_Poland
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constit...of_May_3,_1791
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ko%C5%9Bciuszko_Uprising
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Partition_of_Poland
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Partition_of_Poland
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Partition_of_Poland
    A little bodies already have been created in another fashion.
    Last edited by Ensis1410; November 07, 2010 at 02:13 AM.

Heh wow you need a new online translator Ensis1410!
    Well we're definately having the Commonwealth of Poland-Lithuania from Empire Total War return for this mod. unlike the emergent faction under Napoleons control in NTW.

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &

I'd also like to direct peoples attention to this WIP. not for our game, but its great for an ETW comparison. looks awesome too!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389000

CPU

Just to pre-warn some of you, particually Poland fans, Poland isn't on the campaign yet, we didn't have the ability or time to add it, but it will defintly be there by the next release, or even a patch.

Cheers, MB
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by ♠ Thomas Cochrane ♠ View Post
    I'd also like to direct peoples attention to this WIP. not for our game, but its great for an ETW comparison. looks awesome too!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389000
    I've seen it and I must admit the units looks quite decent.
    Though I prefer NTW, it has more graphical power, less bugs etc.
    Also... in NTW wigs can be added And personally the wigs give me more a 18th century feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Marshal Beale♔ View Post
    Just to pre-warn some of you, particually Poland fans, Poland isn't on the campaign yet, we didn't have the ability or time to add it, but it will defintly be there by the next release, or even a patch.

Cheers, MB
    Yeah we have them present, but are the same as vanilla at the moment. its easy to make them playable if need be though at some point.

CPU

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Ensis1410 View Post
    I recall that in the years fashion to the east was dying Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, 2 in the world and first in Europe who introduced the country's constitution. It will be something on this topic in fashion?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partitions_of_Poland
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constit...of_May_3,_1791
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ko%C5%9Bciuszko_Uprising
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Partition_of_Poland
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Partition_of_Poland
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Partition_of_Poland
    A little bodies already have been created in another fashion.
    We plan on avoiding ETW-style textures. What we want to do is make 18th century uniforms with NTW's uniform system, which is much more flexible and prettier.

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

We plan on avoiding ETW-style textures. What we want to do is make 18th century uniforms with NTW's uniform system, which is much more flexible and prettier.
    I agree, the NTW textures are superior to those of ETW.
    You would notice the difference when using ETW texture/units against the NTW texture/units.

We start pre-release BETA testing now!
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

Petrov's Avatar Campidoctor

Couold other testers add me on Steam to discuss certain parts of teh mod?

(Dozz108)

Just a little extra pic.

Whiff of Grapeshot...Just in Time

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by ♔ThatCrazedGunman♔ View Post
    Couold other testers add me on Steam to discuss certain parts of teh mod?

(Dozz108)
    Done.