Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Revolution Order of War | General Discussions

Default Re: Revolution Order of War (ROW) - A French Revolution Mod (UPDATE - FIRST UNIT PREVIEW)

Thanks everyone for the support! Progressing very well now. As soon as the startpos is done, our first beta will be released.

The first beta will include:
    -Uniforms and units redone for France, Britain, Royalist France, Austria. Possibly Prussia and Russia if I have the time.
    -Startpos just about done - Camp of the Coalition and Nap's European Campaign
    -Statistic work
    -Music
    -UI changed
    -UI text changed
    -More, can't be revealed at this stage.
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

THEMIK DK's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Revolution Order of War (ROW) - A French Revolution Mod (UPDATE - FIRST UNIT PREVIEW)

nice idea!

A 1500-1680 Total War FTW!!!

TheGeat's Avatar Miles

This looks very promising. The new units looks great but where sidburns very fashionalbe during the revolution?

Great job I really looking forward to play this mod, keep on the good work

Will the Polish-Russian war of 1792, be featured in this mod ? Given that Russia should be playable, if I understand it correctly ?

Cheers

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

quite good units

Just coming up with ideas; I will even consider adding an American Revolution Campaign to the mod. Possibly replacing the Peninsula Campaign! What with the Khartum Mod adding India, America should be possible to add!

I like the idea. But it will be a far way off before we even started work on that. But yes, I am really considering. Maybe I'll have a talk with Toon, as he is the owner of the TAR mod along with Hip, maybe something can be done here.

Just an idea though!

MB
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

I still think we should still stay away from ETW textures in the mod.

Yer, I would never include ETW units! They are discusting!

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Marshal Beale♔ View Post
    Yer, I would never include ETW units! They are discusting!
    Agreed, very much so!

Just a little insight to our WIP - The campaign map for ROW:

and the campaign selection screen (defently not finished!)

Large Image

All of the campaign map and its UI are still in pre-alpha stage as you can see. But the battles are very advanced! As its the startpos that takes the longest!

MB

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Is that the final campaign-map? France shouldn't have Italian, Belgian or German territory in 1789.
    Last edited by Geronimo2006; August 29, 2010 at 02:15 PM.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    Is that the final campaign-map? France shouldn't have Italian, Belgian or German territory in 1789.
    Yes, the Kingdom of Sardinia should have Savoy and the British flag needs to fixed back to the one of the Union of 1707, the Irish flag didn't join in until 1804.

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    the British flag needs to fixed back to the one of the Union of 1707, the Irish flag didn't join in until 1804.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

Also Belgium was under Austrian Habsburg control. Therefore it should be Austrian instead of French

Yes, like I said, its a continual work in progress! Its still alpha or pre-alpha!

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Marshal Beale♔ View Post
    Yes, like I said, its a continual work in progress! Its still alpha or pre-alpha!
    Then please forgive me my comment old chap

Lord Horatius's Avatar Civis

Absolutely SPLENDID mod, dear sir! Once the price of NTW drops acceptably for me to buy it (Probably once STW2 is released) I'll download it right away! Skip the whole shako nonsense right off the bat and get some wigs and tricorns on my men! EXCELLENT work, Well done! I particularly like the Swiss Guards picture showing that you've painted some of the wigs brown, Nice! Keeps the 18th century immersion that was missing from Empire, but implies that the boys are quoiffed for battle, rather than parade. Maybe regular troops such as artillerymen and light companies could have the wig in regular hair colors (brown, blonde, etc...) while officers, musicians, General's staff and Elite units like Grenadier Guards took the time to powder their pigtails! How's that strike you?
    Again, Fantastic job! I'll add the banner to my sig once I find out how!
    No Frog will take MY fusiliers! Click here for some of my Historical Fiction:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=393678 http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...79#post8467779

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Horatius View Post
    Absolutely SPLENDID mod, dear sir! Once the price of NTW drops acceptably for me to buy it (Probably once STW2 is released) I'll download it right away! Skip the whole shako nonsense right off the bat and get some wigs and tricorns on my men! EXCELLENT work, Well done! I particularly like the Swiss Guards picture showing that you've painted some of the wigs brown, Nice! Keeps the 18th century immersion that was missing from Empire, but implies that the boys are quoiffed for battle, rather than parade. Maybe regular troops such as artillerymen and light companies could have the wig in regular hair colors (brown, blonde, etc...) while officers, musicians, General's staff and Elite units like Grenadier Guards took the time to powder their pigtails! How's that strike you?
    Again, Fantastic job! I'll add the banner to my sig once I find out how!
    Go to: my account.
    Then to Edit Signature (which is on the left, 10 down).
    If you want to put a picture there you have to right click on the picture and select: copy picture URL (or something like that).
    Once you've done that you go back to the Edit Signature screen and cick on: insert image.
    paste the URL and you're done.

Just letting everyone know, that our startpos editor has retired, because of personal issues. So I'm looking for a talented new startpos editor! Anyone up for the job. Quite tough, but well worth the work!

MB

Excellent job there, Marshal Beale! If I can add a question there, will ROW be compatible with NOW?