Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Revolution Order of War | General Discussions

Default Revolution Order of War | General Discussions

General Disscussions Thread for Revolution Order of War.
    Look around the forum for detailed threads.

Cheers, MB
    Last edited by Invictus XII; November 13, 2010 at 07:10 AM.
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

Petrov's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Marshal Beale presents.... Revolution Order of War (ROW)

Sounds Excellent!!!!!!!!

I Would help but I am busy Designing Shogunate! and I pretty much SUCK at modding,

BTW who is the NOW team?

well the NOW team is different from the ROW team.

NOW mainly consistes of me and a couple of minor contributions. I can't comment on the current ROW team at this moment! But we have some known faces.
    Last edited by Invictus XII; June 30, 2010 at 07:05 AM.
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

Edit: ROFL I am such an idiot...

Also I asked on your Front page if you would do me the favour of making a sig? seeing as yours look pretty profesional.

()

hear him, hear him!
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse

crossjon's Avatar Campidoctor

looks good i'll keep an eye on this one.

We will be releasing a beta some time in the near future. Just to let everyone know!

loet66's Avatar Senator

Hi,

Greeeat news !

Default Re: Revolution Order of War (ROW) - A French Revolution Mod ... presented by Marshal Beale.

yes Very great news

Default Re: Revolution Order of War (ROW) - A French Revolution Mod ... presented by Marshal Beale.

I'd like to post a link to those who haven't seen it to the old Rev-Wars page, and the discussion that took place there.
    follow my sig:....

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

And I thought it was ready...
    I was thinking of staging the startpos so Revolutionary France has only Corsica (Out of the way, but still a region) but script it so when the revolutionaries take Paris, it becomes their capital.

Ready?! ha no! need all units and stuff and the startpos is a big thing too.
    i was thinking of this, and i think to do that, all we'd need to do would be make paris the capital, even though its not possessed. i mean i think its a startpos thing, cus in the game when a nation loses their capital then regains it, it reverts back the the original.
    but for historical realism's sake....? corsica? i dunno. MB?

CPU

We will discuss this privately for now, ok Thomas.

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Can you include historical "event messages" from the time and can you have separate tech-trees for Republican vs Royalist France? There are also some suggestions I would like to make on the technology-tree based on my own historical analysis.
    For example, one of the reasons the king was forced to call the Estates-General was that the nobles were blocking the removal of privileges like: immunity-from-taxation, the corvet (the right of nobles to force peasants to work for them without pay), the guilds (state-conferred monopolies e.g. on selling wine, which had become hereditary after being sold by the Crown in the 1600s, import-taxes between regions that went (I think) to the nobles. Finance Ministers like Necker, and before him Calonne and Turgot had tried to get the king to simply impose these reforms but he was unwilling to do so unilaterally for fear of conflict with the nobility.
    Another consideration: one of the causes of the Revolution was the refusal of the king to allow the 3-chambers (clergy-first estate, nobles/second Estate and the rest/Third Estate) to meet and vote as one chamber. The king and the First./Second Estates wanted to vote separately with the will of 2 chambers deciding on passage of legislation. So the technology tree could include unicameralism which would increase the happiness of the lower-classes but anger the upper-classes.
    Then there is the Civil Constitution of the Clergy, which largely caused Royalist rebellions against the Republic. It forced clergy to swear an oath of loyalty to the State (first under the constitutional monarchy and then the Republic) or lose their offices and be pensioned off. The refusing clergy were known as "refractory clergy" and the compliant ones were known as "constitutional clergy". The king delayed signing it but eventually had to. Researching the Civil Constitution of the clergy could increase happiness in urban areas but provoke unrest in rural France.
    So if you are the king, abolition of the corvet/guilds or the introduction of a single-market in France or forcing the nobles to pay taxes could increase happiness of the lower-classes, while increasing the unhappiness of the nobility. They could also promote economic growth in regions under your control.
    Last edited by Geronimo2006; July 01, 2010 at 12:58 PM.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Quote Originally Posted by ♠ Thomas Cochrane ♠ View Post
    Ready?! ha no! need all units and stuff and the startpos is a big thing too.
    i was thinking of this, and i think to do that, all we'd need to do would be make paris the capital, even though its not possessed. i mean i think its a startpos thing, cus in the game when a nation loses their capital then regains it, it reverts back the the original.
    but for historical realism's sake....? corsica? i dunno. MB?
    Well I know it wasn't historical, but the point is that it is out of the way, still a French possession and leaves the rebels to retake all of mainland France.

I've updated my post on the Civil Constitution of the Clergy. It was actually first introduced under the CM and the king forced to go along with it by the Assembly. The Tennis Court Oath would make a good research tech too. A posssible Republican agent could be a "libelliste" who spreads anti-royalist pamphlets such as those (known as "libelles") that ruined Marie Antoinette's reputation. Sending them into a city could increase Republican sentiment. Royalist churches would only produce refractory-clergy while Republican ones would produce constitutional-clergy. There could be divisions between constitutional-refractory clergy in different settlements. Historically, many rural communities were torne apart by such divisions. Another idea would be for the Jacobin-Girondin (and maybe even Thermidorian) split to be represented in the Republic through the trait-system. Girondin ministers would mean less-repression and greater economic-growth, while Jacobin ministers would be more repressive and slow economic growth (because the Jacobins introduced a command-economy).
    Last edited by Geronimo2006; July 01, 2010 at 10:47 PM.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Ok, excellent. These are great ideas to put in as technologies. I will see what I can do. Becuase technologies will need to be redone. Like for instance, we can't have Code Napoleon still as a tech.

So thanks for all this research! Cheers, MB +rep!

I've added a link to info on the libelles in the context of Marie Antoinette.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Sounds like you have got yourself an interesting and great team

Sounds great! This one will be eagerly awaited.

Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast