Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [VI 2 Submod] The Last Kingdom (TLK)

Keyser Soze's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: [VI 2 Submod] The Last Kingdom (TLK)

Quote Originally Posted by christof139 View Post
    I think it needs some balancing etc., although it is extremely hard to determine the size of the forces actually involved due to the lack of primary sources concerning this.
    we spent any time for balancing. but your feelings could help if there will be any new patch. if I good remember the recommended settings were Hard/Hard. the size of units was set up by Battle at Hastings, the normal size unit is half of forces in reality.

The gold/silver weapons & armored peasants are also rather unrealistic.
    who has silver/gold weapons? armoured peasants? which one?

I think MoN or someone put those in as a humorous joke more or less.
    there were any problems with models, but no one unit is a joke
    sorry my english.

There are no peasants with upgrades anywhere present at game start. These are revolt units, which are hardcoded to get upgrades. Having them as very small peasant units is the best solution we could think of about them; if you have any suggestions feel free to make them; in the NI forum, where such discussion would be on topic.

christof139's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Yeah, those are the ones. The reason NI is mentioned here is because someone else mentioned another version of NI that they have made. Forget the rest, since it's somewhat frantic, rude, stupid, egotiscal, etc. nonsense. Have a good one.
    http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Real_Ale

Whatever is now is was quickly, and whatever now is was, was once is. Therefore, was = is, per Mr. Clinton.

Serapio's Avatar Semisalis

hi,

is there a chance to play also the other factions in this wonderfull submod?

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by Serapio View Post
    hi,

is there a chance to play also the other factions in this wonderfull submod?
    Why? ... makes no sense for this special scenario-mod.
    There is the original VI2 for this purpose.

Technically, you only need to insert back all factions as playable. The know-how can be found in the RTW workshop (easy thing, same procedere for all RTW based mods).
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Serapio's Avatar Semisalis

i like the mercians and their cavalry. in this scenario they have other starting conditions and i thought, it would be interesting to fight together with wessex. i´ve played the uthred-campaign till the i conquered york. and now i want to try something else. thanx for the info.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Serapio View Post
    i like the mercians and their cavalry. in this scenario they have other starting conditions and i thought, it would be interesting to fight together with wessex. i´ve played the uthred-campaign till the i conquered york. and now i want to try something else. thanx for the info.
    Ok. To play Mercia whatsoever, although TLK is a scenario-mod ... just open

...:\...\...\Rome - Total War\bi\VI2\data\world\maps\campaign\barbarian_invasion

(... stands for your RTW location-path)

Then open the file

descr_strat.txt

Find this in the first lines

Code:
    playable
    	saxons	;   Wessex (Saxon)
    	huns ;      Danes (Viking)
    	;vandals ;   Norwegians (Viking)
    end
    unlockable
    end
    nonplayable
    	franks ;    Mercia (Saxon)
    	sarmatians ;Northumbria (Saxon)
    	sassanids ; East Angle (Saxon)
    	;huns ;      Danes (Viking)				
    	vandals ;   Norwegians (Viking)
    	goths ;     Welsh (Celtic)
    	alemanni ;  Alba (Celtic/Gaelic)
    	celts ;     Leinster (Celtic/Gaelic)
    	ostrogoths ;Ui Neill (Celtic/Gaelic)	
    	slave
    end
    Change it to (bold part is the change)

Code:
    playable
    	saxons	;   Wessex (Saxon)
    	huns ;      Danes (Viking)
    	;vandals ;   Norwegians (Viking)
            franks ;    Mercia (Saxon)
    end
    unlockable
    end
    nonplayable

sarmatians ;Northumbria (Saxon)
    	sassanids ; East Angle (Saxon)
    	;huns ;      Danes (Viking)				
    	vandals ;   Norwegians (Viking)
    	goths ;     Welsh (Celtic)
    	alemanni ;  Alba (Celtic/Gaelic)
    	celts ;     Leinster (Celtic/Gaelic)
    	ostrogoths ;Ui Neill (Celtic/Gaelic)	
    	slave
    end
    Close and save the file. Close everything.

(Make the same with every faction you wanna play, but not recommended for slave. In case of vandals (Norwegians), just remove the semicolon in front of vandals)

Start a new campaign.
    Last edited by DaVinci; July 26, 2010 at 09:16 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

I read somewhere, that Uthred cannot get land and titles, only war leader (or sth. similar).Why? At least he should get titles in Northumbria (lordship of Beornice, his home).
    Last edited by TW-fanboy; August 03, 2010 at 05:36 PM.

Patrician Artifex

At least he should get titles in Northumbria (lordship of Beornice, his home).
    Find it out

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Find it out
    I just looked it up in the export_descr_ancilarries and
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    he can become lord of beornice, what makes me very happy

But I am curious: The province descriptions say you need this and the following provinces to become king of xyz ifyou are saxon. But in the export_descr_character traits, only the faction leader of, for example, Northumbria can become king of Northumbria, the west saxon king cannot. Did you change that or is it from the original mod.
    Andanother question: Can I recruit/ reinforce utherd's men somewhere?
    Last edited by TW-fanboy; August 04, 2010 at 08:47 AM.

Patrician Artifex

As for regional titles, i added Uhtred-disclaimers, so to speak. The mod is done with the said novel background, as explained in the introduction.
    Yes, you can reinforce and recruit Uhtred's men in one location, find it out

Yes, you can reinforce and recruit Uhtred's men in one location, find it out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

You could simply tell me...I searched in the files and for this unit, the hidden ressource uht_men is necessary, and the descr_regions says it is in Middel Seaxe...
    Why aren't they recruitable in Beornice aswell?

Patrician Artifex

You wanna know all secrets of this mod ... lol. Imo. a mod has more charme if there are some surprises.

As for the latter question: Yes, you are right in general, but along the said novel(s), he wouldn't govern Beornice ... however, if i update this mod, then they will be recruitable in Beornice as well. You can do this by yourself, just add an according hr to edb and dr files, but it would need a new campaign start (and of course removal of the map.rwm).
    Last edited by DaVinci; August 04, 2010 at 11:56 AM.

Are you still working on the mod or is 1.1 going to be the final version?

Patrician Artifex

Atm. it is final. Could be that i find the mood to take my hands on it once more, but it is not sure.

christof139's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Atm. it is final. Could be that i find the mood to take my hands on it once more, but it is not sure.
    Wait till the 6th novel is finished in 2011 I think it is. Then I bet Uthred becomes lord of Bamburgh. The Scots will attack in this 6th & last novel as is definitely hinted at at the end of the 5th novel. Then you will have to add this to the mod. I still have to load v.1.1 because I have been busy & going through treatments & am tired. I look forward to v.1.1 & see OPs like it & so will I.

I think I will change Ivar the Boneless' name to Ivar the Bonehead because it sounds better & reminds me of a former employer that I sued.
    http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Real_Ale

Whatever is now is was quickly, and whatever now is was, was once is. Therefore, was = is, per Mr. Clinton.

Why do the levy troops so many turns to recruit? (peasant levy2 turns, ceorls 3 turns) Shouldn't they be fast to recruit?
    Andwhy did you balance this mod for medium unit size? Isn't large more realistic?
    Last edited by TW-fanboy; August 12, 2010 at 10:15 AM.

The original VI2/DoB are also balanced for medium.

Larger unit sizes create all sorts of population/economy problems, and of course the larger the units, the more inept the AI will be in handling them on the battlefield.

You can probably get away with playing on large without changing anything (or at least it's been claimed to work decently for VI2/DoB), or you could simply add pop growth across the board for large or huge, but whatever you do, it'll leave the player with an increased advantage over the AI, both on the strategic and battle map.

Then I will play on medium.

Patrician Artifex

The Scots will attack in this 6th & last novel as is definitely hinted at at the end of the 5th novel.
    Correct ... you mean Constantin and his son, right?

Then you will have to add this to the mod.
    Perhaps that might be indeed the point, that provokes an update, or better said a second setup for the start situation (= extra campaign), just with its own subtitle and reflection, which considers The Burning Land and the upcoming novel ... if i still mod in 2011.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast