Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3. Preview: Egypt

Stephan's Avatar Campidoctor

Default 3. Preview: Egypt

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The 22nd dynasty of Egypt were Meshwesh Libyans who began their rule in 943 BC. The dynasty's Libyan leaders kept their foreign names and identity, but otherwise they did not seperate themselves from Egyptian culture. They adjusted themselves to Egyptian royal traditions, and sought legitimacy from the predominantly Egyptian population.

Their administration was militaristic, as opposed to bureaucratic. Provincial governors were military commanders, fortresses were built around all major settlements, administering what came close to being feudalistic structures. During this dynasty, there was far less importance placed upon the position of the king. The understanding of the king had changed. The administrative structures resulted in rural areas and deserts being out of effective royal control.

For almost 70 years, Upper and Lower Egypt were a united country. But during the reign of Osorkon II, Thebes gained independence for a period of 10 years. In 860 BC, the High Priest of Amon at Thebes, Harsiese, declared himself king.

During the reign of the next king, Takelot II, civil war broke out in Thebes. In 818 BC, Pedubastis I declared his dominions in Upper Egypt independent, thereby beginning what is called the 23rd dynasty...
    To represent this we will have a regular Egypt faction, the 22. Dynasty

Egypt (22. Dynasty 945-715 BC) playable

and a non playable 23. Dynasty, with which you have to fight over the control of Egypt first, before you can even think of starting war with any of the other factions.
    After the Rebellous Dynasty is destroyed, it is also used as shadow faction.

Rebellious Dynasty (23. Dynasty 818-715 BC) unplayable

new strat map cities thx to LDKsoldier

1. level

2. level

3. level

4. level

5. level

new interface by evy

start_map characters

And here is what you were waiting for, the UNITS
    credit goes to Iberian, Evy and sirv

Pharaohs Guard Archer:

These men are best archers in the whole of Egypt, they wear the best armour available and are always ready to face any enemy. Their arrows are sharp and deadly. They serve the Pharaoh and would die for him rather retreat from the battlefield. They will sacrifice their lives for the glory of the Pharaoh.

Pharaoh's Guard:

They are the best warriors in Egyptian army. Chosen from among the heavy spearmen, their mission is to guard Pharaoh on the battlefield. They form personal bodyguard to the Pharaoh and are ready to die for him. They are near unstoppable. Equipped with best armour they can easily defeat any army and make Pharaoh proud.

Egyptian Nile Spearmen:

These are basic Egyptian spearmen and they form the backbone of the Egyptian army. They are a very versatile unit and can perform many functions including defending the flanks against cavalry and forming a wall against enemy infantry. They are experienced lightly armed warriors, and have large shields to provide cover against missiles. These warriors are ready to expand the realms of the Egyptian Empire.

Nile Archers:

These are the basic archers of the Egyptian army. Egyptians know how important archers are on the battlefield and the firing missiles form the main strategy of Egyptian warfare. These archers are light but are very skilled archers. They usually stand behind heavy infantry and fire arrows of death onto the enemy breaking their will to fight.

Egyptian Heavy Spearmen:

Strong warriors who are heavily armed, they are the professional warriors ready to fight whenever the Pharaoh wills it. They are warriors who in battles despite the multitude of enemy armies. They will fight to the death for the glory of the Pharaoh.

Desert axemen:

These men know desert very well, desert is thier home, it gives them everything they need to live. Pharaons value these warriors for thier knowledge of desert and fighting skills, they are quick, flexible, thier only armour is shield, they don't need any more armour, as armoured they'll loose their mobility, they are good against enemy infantry sacking them down with axes

Desert axemen cavalry:

These men know desert very well, desert is thier home, it gives them everything they need to live. Pharaons value these warriors for thier knowledge of desert and fighting skills, they are quick, flexible, thier only armour is shield, they don't need any more armour, as armoured they'll loose their mobility, their horses give them great speed, they are very good light cavalry, used to hunt down enemy archers and light infantry, but they will not stand chance against heavy cavalry or spearmen

PS: Just to make things clear and avoid questions, Egypt will get more units: AOR, mercenaries and chariots
    Last edited by Stephan; June 28, 2010 at 10:57 AM.

Yes, I know that Ishtar is spelled wrong

Default Re: 3. Preview: Egypt

Look GREAT keep up the good work. I am looking forwad for the realse of the mod

Stephen, link in the top page is wong.
    there is unnecessary l in from of the http...

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Impressive work guys !! +rep
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

i like the pharaos guards, though there are something strange going on at the shoulders...
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Nice preview! I liked it.

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

Great work! + rep

EVYATAR's Avatar EvyatarNevoDesign

thank you all guys!

i like the pharaos guards, though there are something strange going on at the shoulders...
    yes, it a problem in tha alph channel we should change it.
    R.I.P Blackomur | The Shadow of Ishtar | Proud to be israeli
    My Tutorial | My Workshop | I.A.F Web | 2D Artist & Skinner

great! work guys just your strat models are too skinny~ and your battlefield units nedd to be more defined and refined` but don`t forget i know absolutly nada about modelling so take my opinion with a sachel of salt not a grain! but that is what modding is~ always getting better (it sucks you can`t rep a whole team) but rep for anyway guys very big rep!! bravo!

man i can tell you that i learn 2D ARTIST & SKINNIG by my self no one help me to learn it.
    and i am just 16 years old

Quote Originally Posted by EVYATAR View Post
    man i can tell you that i learn 2D ARTIST & SKINNIG by my self no one help me to learn it.
    and i am just 16 years old
    that is known! so it is all respect given! just simple critiques so you guys produce the best project you can! one of the hardest things I had to learn to deal with is accepting other peoples point of view! regardless though! my point is great work! but as always can be better that is all there is no question about your skill! but that is why this is a forum so we can all bounce off each other until we produce the best! right? my friend! ( look at my projects for instance, they would be no where without this communtiy of good modders working together!)
    Last edited by Druvatar De Bodemloze; June 29, 2010 at 02:26 AM.

but as always can be better that is all there is no question about your skill! but that is why this is a forum so we can all bounce off each other until we produce the best! right? my friend!
    good point..........

DragonsWarrior's Avatar Senator

nice egyption pics of the settlements

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

nice units, UIs and settlements, mates
    there;s an issue with Pharaoh' Guards shoulders..

Stephan's Avatar Campidoctor

thank you guys for the kind words

there;s an issue with Pharaoh' Guards shoulders..
    im just gonna answer this with quoting evy

yes, it a problem in tha alph channel we should change it.

Yes, I know that Ishtar is spelled wrong

TiTiTimmy's Avatar Centenarius

Good work +rep
    Wanted for:
    Breaking and gluing back together and trying to pass off as never being broken in the first place.
    Assault with a weapon that couldn't have possibly been deadly, but unfortunately was

"You know what they say: give a man a fish, and he'll stink up the whole town. Give a man a fishing rod -- see where I'm going here? Give him a fishing rod and he'll poke your eye out."

Rep goes both ways, just leave your name

Venia's Avatar Auxilium meum a Domino

Quote Originally Posted by TiTiTimmy View Post
    Good work +rep
    Thanks
    SOI skinner/video maker/moderator
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1496,

impressive your work is explendid
    [URL="http://www.radikal.ru/"][/UR
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vdNXJ2E181c

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Interesting time period ++++ I see great potential around the corner.

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Yeah nice preview! Going to play egypt first!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast