Page 8 of 175 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358108 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Default Faction Rosters.....Suggestions/update?

Hi All,

I love this mod. As far as rosters go are there any updates on changes made?

I also have a few requests/suggestions for rosters.

I am a rabid fan of the novels and I think the following additions help stay true to the books:

1. Stark Roster

Please add in a 2 handed assault unit. Removing the Highland Nobles was understandable.....but leaves a gap in the roster.

Why not add in the Ulster Swordsmen or a similar unit? Even a 2 hand axe would fit well with the large northmen such as the Umbers.

Longbows Longbows Longbows. The Starks need a longbow unit.
    They had them in the novels and they should have them in the game IMHO.

Ned had some of his lords raise a few hundred longbows each to garrison Moat Calin when he rode south to Kings Landing.

And another Heavy Cavalry unit would be nice. Norse War Clerics? The Starks had lots of Heavy Cav that rode with the young wolf.....and the lack of lances fits in with the northmen well.

2. Lannisters

Please add in Armored Sergeants, and the removed billmen. Would make for a more accurate and fun roster.

3. Stannis......throw the guy a bone. Give some more unit options please.

I have nothing specific in mind but given the starting position some more units would be great.

4. Greyjoys

How about giving them Huscarls? I know they mostly went on foot.

But if they moved far enough inland I bet they would have used stolen and captured horses.

5. Tullys

No complaints here. Probably the most complete roster in the entire game.

6. Martells

Not sure here. I have not played them yet so I am not sure if there are roster gaps at all.

Well thats my 2 cents on the rosters.

Suggestions or comments?

Darkstar's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Faction Rosters.....Suggestions/update?

The rosters have been completely overhauled from v0.53. We think the different factions will have a more unique feel in the final version. The rosters aren't set in stone yet and we will certainly be open for suggestions when we release them.

Hi Darkstar.

Good to hear. Can we get a sneak peak at some roster lists?

We're not ready yet. Development is just starting to pick back up. Will hopefully have some stuff we can share with you soon though.

Cool.

I look forward to it.

Any hints at the changes or are you guys wanting to wait and release the updates all at once?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKiller2000 View Post
    Cool.

I look forward to it.

Any hints at the changes or are you guys wanting to wait and release the updates all at once?
    Sorry, we're just not there yet. We'll definitely release some previews as we go along but we've got a lot of work to do.

Raven Bellmont's Avatar Laetus

the map looks great! i recently have been introduced to the books and I am completely in love with them. I am so pleased that there is already a mod for this series.

a few things I would like to point out though.

perhaps it would not be such a bad idea to throw in two more factions at least.

Wildlings- the king above the wall and land and people above the wall should be considered
    Daenerys/ Dothraki- one of the key aspects of the books definitely should be involved.

so far, I love what's been done and await further progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Bellmont View Post
    the map looks great! i recently have been introduced to the books and I am completely in love with them. I am so pleased that there is already a mod for this series.

a few things I would like to point out though.

perhaps it would not be such a bad idea to throw in two more factions at least.

Wildlings- the king above the wall and land and people above the wall should be considered
    Daenerys/ Dothraki- one of the key aspects of the books definitely should be involved.

so far, I love what's been done and await further progress.
    Thanks for your interest.

Regarding Dany, we can't really add a faction for Dany until the map is created. It also becomes problematic because you would need to create a number of other factions as well.

Until DoD comes out, Dany would best remain represented (if at all) through event messages and such, seeing as there are no resources for the area she is mostly in throughout the series.

I think a good addition would be some of the aspects of DLV that featured rebellious family members, and you as the King could decide to pardon them or execute them as you saw fit.

Regarding Stannis' units; how about some form of pirates or smugglers pressed into service? Same could go for the Ironmen as a sort of rabble cannon fodder unit (cheap,numerous,low defense,middling attack,good against armor,low morale) Huscarls are a good idea for the Greyjoys, as are really any kind of Viking inspired units (few cavalry, good melee troops)

I intend on downloading this at some point, but honestly TATW has taken over my M2TW installation for awhile, and I'd like to see a more complete version of this mod before I commit to it.
    "Go to where the men speak Italian, then continue on until they speak something else."

"I've found that brothels are a much safer investment than ships. Whores rarely sink, and when they are boarded by pirates, why, the pirates pay good coin just like everyone else." - Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish

"Do thou amend thy face, and I'll amend my life." - Falstaff
    Henry IV Part 1, 3. 3

jazstl's Avatar Civis

If other modders allow it, is it possibile, to import units from other mods?

Quote Originally Posted by jazstl View Post
    If other modders allow it, is it possibile, to import units from other mods?
    Technically speaking: sure.

Welcome to the boards.

jazstl's Avatar Civis

SS:6.1 or sth English huscarls for the grejjojs

Yes that would work nicely.

Some of the units from SS RR/RC would look amazing as well for different factions.

If the Wildlings were ever brought in the Lithuania skins would work well for them.
    IIRC they are using the Battle for the Baltic skins.

Most of our current (internal dev release) unit roster is final, although skins aren't finished yet.

"Five had been his brothers. Oswell Whent and Jon Darry. Lewyn Martell, a prince of Dorne. The White Bull, Gerold Hightower. Ser Arthur Dayne, Sword of the Morning. And beside them, crowned in mist and grief with his long hair streaming behind him, rode Rhaegar Targaryen, Prince of Dragonstone and rightful heir to the Iron Throne."

If there happens to be something you don't like...then fine tune the game to your liking...thats what I always do

jazstl's Avatar Civis

What aboute reskiining the norse two handed swordsman in R´hillor Fanatic for tannis?

So there were enough Fanatics to create whole units?

They were the Queen's men, and they are at least as prominent as the King's men (as noted by Davos having very few men he could actually trust).

"Five had been his brothers. Oswell Whent and Jon Darry. Lewyn Martell, a prince of Dorne. The White Bull, Gerold Hightower. Ser Arthur Dayne, Sword of the Morning. And beside them, crowned in mist and grief with his long hair streaming behind him, rode Rhaegar Targaryen, Prince of Dragonstone and rightful heir to the Iron Throne."

Ah, yeah, i just thought he meant some kind of rabbel like zealots.

Default Re: What Factions Would You Like to See in v1.0

I agree with all those minor factions ( Bolton, Frey...) but I think the mod need more regions!