Thread: Elephant Rocketeers?

Icon4 Elephant Rocketeers?

I heard of a unit called an Elephant Rocketeer, you know rockets mounted on an elephant. Do these actually exist, and if so how does one acquire such a unit?

Muagan_ra's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Elephant Rocketeers?

The Timurids come laden with these fanciful behemoths. They have elephants with Musketmen firing from them, and elephants with gunpowder cannons on their backs. You cannot acquire them on the Grand Campaign.

I knew about elephants and elephant artillery, but rocket launchers on elephants backs? The timurids are waaay overpowered maaan!

Semisalis

They do exist, however you'll need to use a console command in order to use them. A list of such commands, which includes spawning rocket elephants, can be found here.

I'll stop arguing against God the second I'm disproven'. I'm praying to God I eventually am.

Valandur's Avatar Campidoctor

Indeed, you can only get them by using console commands.
    They are the most rarest of the Timurid units and do more damage to morale than anything else. You should fear the Elephant Bombards more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele Bachmann View Post
    They would be incorrect. The only path to happiness is through Christ.

Fireright's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by KayRim View Post
    They do exist, however you'll need to use a console command in order to use them. A list of such commands, which includes spawning rocket elephants, can be found here.
    That would explain why medieval battlefields and cities are over-run with herds of armoured elephants bristling with artillery in my campaigns

The Noble Lord's Avatar Holy Arab Nation

Quote Originally Posted by Valandur View Post
    They are the most rarest of the Timurid units and do more damage to morale than anything else.
    And they are also fun to fight against! But keep in mind they are tough as well.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!
    Under the proud patronage of the magnificent Tzar

They got lazerphants as well, ya know. But javelin cavalry should get rid of these suckers anyway.

Sorry if it's of the topic, but when will the Timurids come? (Year or turn).
    "In stone halls they burn their great fires,
    in stone halls they forge their sharp spears.
    Whilst I walk alone in the mountains,
    with no true companion but tears.
    They hunt me with dogs in the daylight,
    they hunt me with torches by night."

Around 140... Well, at least after you lost about 90% of your troops because of the plague.

Oh, thanks. I'm at 134
    "In stone halls they burn their great fires,
    in stone halls they forge their sharp spears.
    Whilst I walk alone in the mountains,
    with no true companion but tears.
    They hunt me with dogs in the daylight,
    they hunt me with torches by night."

Quote Originally Posted by Scelesticfish View Post
    I heard of a unit called an Elephant Rocketeer, you know rockets mounted on an elephant. Do these actually exist, and if so how does one acquire such a unit?
    The easiest way to get one is to type in vindaloo, they have all the power of a hwacha (AKA the Rocket Launcher), but are far more mobile, have more artillery pieces per unit, and can take more of a beating, making them much more useful, pretty much they are to normal hwachas as BI carriage ballistas were to normal ballistaes. But they are an absolute nightmare if you want to avoid friendly fire, if anyone at all is within it's range, chances are it's going to get hit by at least one exploding rocket.

Use them on low morale units (peasants and militias for example) to get them to rout, then you should kick back and watch Mob mentality work it's magic as the other units get a morale penalty from being under fire from artillery, being within the proximity of an enemy elephant unit, and seeing their friends rout, hopefully causing them all to flee. If you see some of these behemoths in a Timurid stack, take it out with all due haste or avoid it like the plague, the morale damage they inflict, combined with the high levels of dread that most Timurid generals have can ruin your day, and if you clustered your men together, expect a lot of them to drop very quickly under the firestorm of rockets. They are quite thankfully quite rare in the grand campaign, and can't be bought in Custom battles.

All in all, they are a powerful unit that can function well as an ace in the hole for you, or prove to be a nightmare when used against you.

Quote Originally Posted by Scelesticfish View Post
    I knew about elephants and elephant artillery, but rocket launchers on elephants backs? The timurids are waaay overpowered maaan!
    What do you expect from a faction that is little more than the mongols on angry, angry steroids?

just want to ask how you know what turn you are on? Doesn't the game advance by years?

i cant find them in Custom Battle Mode anyone knows why? (i have steam ver 1.52)

^ They aren't in custom battles. You have unpack the game or get a mod like Retrofit, then modify export_descr_units and maybe descr_sm_factions text files.