Thread: Difficulty settings

Default Difficulty settings

Great mod, very impressive! I hope to see v3 in the future.

Quick question: is there a way to increase the difficulty? On very hard/very hard it's actually not hard at all to steamroll the byzantines and take everything in about 15 turns without even manually playing the battles.

As a side note, I accidentally figured out a way to play as "Bulgaria" on the stainless steel mod - start with Rus and do what the bulgarians did - run to the balkan peninsula (ukraine is un-defendable) and turtle there as long as possible. It's quite challenging actually

In any case, it would be awesome to do something similar with a proper bulgarian fraction.

Again, great work team Bulgaria-TW!

alien_t's Avatar В Съединението е Силата

Default Re: Difficulty settings

Quote Originally Posted by Yeepeep View Post
    Great mod, very impressive! I hope to see v3 in the future.
    Quick question: is there a way to increase the difficulty? On very hard/very hard it's actually not hard at all to steamroll the byzantines and take everything in about 15 turns without even manually playing the battles
    Hi and thanks.
    Sorry, there no way to do that through the game interface. But if you want to do some modding it's possible.
    Bulgaria: Total War - Mod For M2TW
    Check my Turnovo, custom settlement video preview or download it here
    Under the Honorable Patronage of B. Ward

"...We are Bulgarians and and all suffer from one common disease [e.g., the Ottoman rule]" and "Our task is not to shed the blood of Bulgarians, of those who belong to the same people that we serve" - Gotse Delchev, Collective memory, national identity, and ethnic conflict: Greece, Bulgaria, and the Macedonian question, Victor Roudometof, Greenwood Publishing Group, 2002, ISBN 0275976483, p. 79.

"The Bulgarians, these are the people, who had everything they wished for. A nation, where the one who buys the nobility with the blood of the enemy receives titles..." - Magnus Felix Ennodius, description of battle at Margus
    (Morava) river 505 AD

Default Re: Difficulty settings

Yes, I second that big time - this mod made the game better in my book (i liked the slow build time & generally weaker units) for the other factions i played, but the Bulgaria campaign was very poor indeed. Completing the "long" campaign on vh/vh was pretty dull and presented no challenge AT ALL, even though I did my usual thing of attacking all factions that asked for alliances in order to spice things up.

I mean, come on, you could at least have given the byzantines one decent army on mainland greece - i didn't have to face anything worse than packs of their spear militia for crying out loud!

Still, as one great modder once said - "when people start paying me to make mods, they can start complaining!"