Thread: How to Implement Hero Units!

Evan MF's Avatar Vicarius

Icon3 How to Implement Hero Units!

a) I think that heroes should appear randomly and rarely emerging from units who win a number of heroic battles or have simply had a lot of experience in the field.

These heroes should not by themselves be any physical threat to the enemy (they are just single persons) but with their unit they should give it a higher morale and perhaps better fighting skill. On top of this heroes should be able to be put into to the units you want and should be transferrable to other units before the battle.

With this method you can strategically place your hero units in the certain units that will need the most morale support in the up coming battle.

b) In Multiplayer the hero units should be recruitable and high prices similar to recruiting real life generals in NTW. These too should be able to be placed in any units but their expense stops one's army from being overpowered because you would be sacrificing military strength for certain units to have morale and attack/defense boosts.

In both cases (a and b) above heros would not be over powered because:

1. They only offer a slight morale or defense/attack bonus on the unit they are placed in and surrounding units (none of this 1 man holding a bridge crap)

2. Players will have to choose (and especially in multiplayer) whether to compromise numbers for quality

for these reasons and if implemented in such away they could make a really great tactical addition to the upcoming TW games.

What to you think guys?

Evan

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: How to Implement Hero Units!

I think it might be best if heroes have a chance to emerge from heroic victories, battles you where supposed to lose but won anyway.

Heroes are made, and not trained after al.

Evan MF's Avatar Vicarius

So I guess you are agreeing with me on that point...

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

mostly yes, but I do think that especially their morale should be a lot higher. If the hero dies it could lower the moral considerably though.
    A proven hero's strongest power would be his reputation.

Their other status shouldnt be godlike, but a bit higher, not too much as you suggested.

Likely they should also get the rally ability, just like a general.

Maybe the more fearesome ones could frighten enemy units.