Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: EBNOM official discussion thread

Default Re: EB Late Republican mod

it seems some impressive work has been done for this mod, keep up the good work.

KINGS AND PAWNS, EMPERORS AND FOOLS...

do you will have more traits? and anchiliary? Oh the State of Sertorius will have the best of both worls? will we be able to build roman buildings and lusotann buildings? and this will take a will to go out?

We will definetly have more traits and ancilliaries, however those are not a priority atm. The State of Sertorius will probably have the best of both worlds, but with very limited recruitment possibilities. Also the Sertoriani will probably lack some of the Roman troops like the Antisegnani, since they already have units that can fill that spot. As for the buildings, that is still to be decided, how that will work.

And of course, thanks for the compliments... Hopefully every faction will be as interesting as this one!

Lionheart's Avatar Decanus

Nice and since a great part of the fight specially Sertorius toke place in my own country i'm very happy. If you need some help in research count with me. Sadly i'm not good at making the game himself...
    Proud member of EB: Novus Ordo Mundi

Sure, i've sent you a PM.

For this time frame i would advise the fallowing faction:

SPQR
    Numidia (also Mauretanea could be included in tha faction)
    Cantabri (this faction cold include the Astures and other hispanic factions since outside the domain of Sertorius the Cantanbri were the strongest faction)
    Saba and Nabatean Kingdom could be the two factions in Arabia
    Axum (should be included, Meroe at this time have loss all political importance)
    Catuvellani and Iceni are good ideias to Britain make the two faction disput the ruling of the british island would be interesting
    Sauromatae (yes it's accurate historical speaking)
    Parthia obviously
    Hayasdan obviously
    Pontos should be named kingdom of Pontos-Bosforii
    The Indo-Saka (yes no need for scythians or saka-raka since the Indo-Saka could be see as sucessors of that. No need for Indo-Greeks i believe in the short time two or three eleutheroi well armed should be fine since the leadership in the Indo-Greeks at this time fragmentated)
    Hasmonean Kingdom (it will be a interesting faction since i never see a mod with them)
    Ptolemoi obviously
    Suebi (yes they could represent the germanic tribes, but one addiction was in the biografy of the generals perhaps some could have the trait Marcomanni, Suebi, Cheruscii and so on like the system of the Gens for the roman faction)
    Getai yes obvioulsy (but perhaps the name could be changed to Dacia)
    Arvernii and Aedui (yes they represent the main gaulish tribes the other could be also rebels)
    The state of Sertorius right
    And perhaps you could put to more factions: the kingdom of Osroene or Commagene. And the kingdom of the Thracians.
    Last edited by Lionheart; August 04, 2010 at 06:42 AM.

We are still deciding on the factions that will be in. But i can tell you that you've got most of those that are already in, but there's still a surprise or 2 waiting. You got some good points, and believe me, they will be considered... Basically about 15 factions are alraedy definetly in.... The other's are still matter of debate. We have to be sure there are enough sources on them, that they are not on a too crowded part of the map etc...

I'm only using you sugestion for the time been. And made a few sugestions. I agree with your point in crowded regions. I already have pm you so tell me something.

Lionheart are you spanish or portuguese? cas i am portuguese =)

Anubis in EB you had a reform to become Emperor that will appear 2? or wil be more reforms?

You will definetly be able to become Emperor in this mod; this is one of the main points for the Roman faction. We will try to do a new mechanism for this, so it won't be the same as in Europa Barbarorum. There will also probably be a third Roman Roman reform, later on in the game if one will play for so long - some new units will became available, altough we must still decide which units... But you can look at the Roman army of the 2nd cetnury AD, and see what could make it in .

We will also use the Vannila March of Time reform, which is the only one that can change bodyguards - The Roman's bodyguard will change from the Republican to Imperial, the Parthian from Heavy cavalry to Ultra Heavy cavalry... And perhaps some new units will became available with it as well.

We haven't really decided on any other reform... But ideas are in the air...

A pontic map that represents probably the reality in the end of the second mithridatic war.

About the issue of the pontic war i ask that you read my pm first.

Legends for the first map: dark purple (before the reign of Mithridates)
    Purple (is first conquests)
    Pink (conquests of the first mithridatic war)

In the end of the first mithridatic wat the land in dark purple and purple were kept by Mithridates. The former asian province reverted to Rome. Bithynia restored in 84 b.c. kept in independency until 74 b.c. when Nicodemos IV left the kingdom in is will to the roman republic.

This is a website that i found. This is for classical age mod but this possess several interesting images. Perhaps some could be used but i dont know who was the creator of the mod.

http://www.ancient-battles.com/catw/pontos.htm
    Last edited by Lionheart; August 04, 2010 at 01:47 PM.

Check your Personal messages Lionheart

Drokan i'm portuguese.

Anubis i already checked the messages and already send you my answears.

Tao ola xD ... Anubis one of my favorite factions were the Parthians i wanted to know when the Parthian Kingdom become the Sassanid Empire and if he enters in the time period of this mod could be possible to put it in the game ?

Well the Parthians existed as such till 224 AD. Then Ardashir I. of the Sassanid dynasty defeated the King, and established the new dinasty. Unfortunatly this is a bit out of our time-frame.

We did talk however about giving the Parthians a "Sassanid reform", which would allow to recruit even heavier troops. But this is not certain yet, and this is still to be debated about.

We will try to make the Parthians as challenging as possible, since Parthia was a state regulary weakened by internal strife.

I will now send several images about Hispania perhaps they could be used in the mod.

And a few more