Page 6 of 313 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156106 ... LastLast

Thread: Crusader Kings 2

Default Re: Crusader Kings 2

Its just begging to be clicked... what would you give me? Like a game on steam or something?

Psychonaut's Avatar Domesticus

I don't have a Steam account.... how about an internet high five?

Big War Bird's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

Alpha Zeke's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Big War Bird View Post
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Ak1980 View Post
    Anyone know how to search for province or title name? Sometime i got claim for particular title or country but can't find it in map. Also what trait have negative effect on vassal/courtier loyalty?
    To search for a province, hit \ on your keyboard (either that or backspace: it's a reflex for me now )

Negative effects can be found in the traits.txt file, which can either be found in db or config folder. You can add or subtract the "opinion" modifier on certain traits and add plus or minus opinion on those that don't have it. IIRC, excommunication gives lots of bad opinion; selfish might too; generous, gregarious, just I think add opinion (as a medieval lord is supposed to have these qualities), maybe valorous as well. Coward and the like I think make it harder for your dependents and vassals to like you.

Quote Originally Posted by BetaWolf View Post
    To search for a province, hit \ on your keyboard (either that or backspace: it's a reflex for me now )

Negative effects can be found in the traits.txt file, which can either be found in db or config folder. You can add or subtract the "opinion" modifier on certain traits and add plus or minus opinion on those that don't have it. IIRC, excommunication gives lots of bad opinion; selfish might too; generous, gregarious, just I think add opinion (as a medieval lord is supposed to have these qualities), maybe valorous as well. Coward and the like I think make it harder for your dependents and vassals to like you.
    Don't you have to do shift + / ? To basicly hit the ? mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Zeke View Post
    Don't you have to do shift + / ? To basicly hit the ? mark.
    Let me clarify. Sorry for any confusion. You should press the forward slash key (\) just below Backspace and just above Enter on most (well, American) keyboards. Then a text box appears asking something very close to "Please enter the name of the province you wish to find." Look here for an old thread on the Paradox forums answering your question, and some variations in different countries.

Crusader Kings II Second Video Developer Diary uploaded today:

Now with crazily detailed family trees. You'll be able to go backwards in time for many generations. CK1 let you do this as far back as Charlemagne (for the counts of Vermandois), but now you'll be able to check out all your cousins and such.
    Last edited by BetaWolf; June 29, 2011 at 11:45 PM.

How early in the middle ages can you start the game? I always wanted to play in 9th century

Quote Originally Posted by Eneru112 View Post
    How early in the middle ages can you start the game? I always wanted to play in 9th century
    The earliest vanilla starting date is 1066, just before Harold Godwinson faces off against Harald Hardrada and his Norweigan army. William the Bastard has meanwhile landed far to the south...

But I think that a Carolingian-period mod wouldn't be too hard to pull off. A lot of the character data will already be included in the game, but what would be required is setting up who rules where at a new start date, say 850. But it gets trickier the further you go back, because before like 1000 or maybe 900 it is hard to say who is ruling where with a great deal of accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by BetaWolf View Post
    The earliest vanilla starting date is 1066, just before Harold Godwinson faces off against Harald Hardrada and his Norweigan army. William the Bastard has meanwhile landed far to the south...

But I think that a Carolingian-period mod wouldn't be too hard to pull off. A lot of the character data will already be included in the game, but what would be required is setting up who rules where at a new start date, say 850. But it gets trickier the further you go back, because before like 1000 or maybe 900 it is hard to say who is ruling where with a great deal of accuracy.
    Well you can just make the game generate characters, and some people would be mostly interested in the borders of nations back then more than anything. So that's not necassarily a huge problem for a medium scale mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarbiter View Post
    Well you can just make the game generate characters, and some people would be mostly interested in the borders of nations back then more than anything. So that's not necassarily a huge problem for a medium scale mod.
    Should be fun. This game is going to have a lot of modding potential.

New Crusader Kings 2 Developer Diary on Combat. The biggest innovation over CK1 or EU3 will be the introduction of three combat wings in each battle. The default setup will be for commands to go to the most highly ranked men on the field (e.g., the king in the middle, a duke on each side), but this can be modified so that for example, the militarily incompetent Duke of York can be denied the command of the left wing in favor of the strategic genius Sir John Lowborn, but His Grace will be most upset with you and may do something nasty later on in revenge.

Seaborne transport is in, but unlike in CK1, you will not pay for it but instead have access to a certain number of ships in each coastal province that belongs to your domain. So you can call your vassals who control coastal provinces to supply you ships for your overseas expedition.

The exact nature of sieges seems to be still under development, but it seems that in addition to the garrison that provincial levies can be called in to bolster the garrison. As will other aspects of combat, both the attacker and defender in sieges will take actions based on his personal traits. A coward may run away from battle, while a valiant castellan might choose to sally forth from his besieged stronghold to attack the enemy. All this means that the fate of your armies will depend on the quality of the men who command them, to a degree at least. Another DD on warfare will be released later, with more details promised on how naval transports and sieges will be handled. Together with last month's diary on mercenaries, CK2 seems to be shaping up in an interesting way, with strategic and tactical options already cropping up.
    Last edited by BetaWolf; July 13, 2011 at 12:31 PM.

Actual boats?

So far as I can tell. Or maybe they'll be imaginary boats (no pictures released yet of actual transports in the water), but the limits will be determined by your coastal provinces and modified by the kinds of port facilities that have been built there. That and no naval warfare.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

But there was naval warfare in Middle Age...
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Well atleast the combat wings looks like a cool way to get the player more into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    But there was naval warfare in Middle Age...
    It's been something that has been argued to death on the Paradox official forums. In the released game, there will not be naval combat, but the project leader, Henrik Fahraeus, has said that it will be possible, maybe with an expansion. I'm hoping that there will be ways to sabotage your enemy's fleet, maybe in port, as a sort of nasty espionage action. As it is, the naval system will be a big improvement over what we saw in Crusader Kings 1.
    Last edited by BetaWolf; July 15, 2011 at 03:37 AM.

This keeps getting better...

Battles will be more realistic than ever (in representing the logistics of actual medieval engagements).

As for naval warfare, there could be an event triggered in which some of your ships and some of the enemy's engage in a skirmish, with the resultant losses on both sides (but this would be rare).

Its weird there is no naval warfare but I think its absolutely awesome I can play as Ethiopia so that balances things for me.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.