Thread: How to add missing SFX sound for stakes in mods like SS, bare kingdoms and bare geomod etc.

Default How to add missing SFX sound for stakes in mods like SS, bare kingdoms and bare geomod etc.

How to add missing sound of stakes SFX in your mod.

Well i was thinking of this from a long time but never really got the chance to make a thread about it.
    I pay attention to every detail possible when it comes to modding it's because the medieval 2 was the first game i played in the total war series and at my first battle of agincourt i suffered a crushing defeat. Even though i lost my first battle but the real victor was medieval 2 which conquered my heart at the same moment i thought damn that's the type of game i wanna play all day long.

Anyways lets get to the point remember in vanilla when deploying our troops before battle engagement if we had longbowmen we could plant stakes and when we planted stakes a SFX sound for the stake popped in our ears.

Well i noticed that in every famous mods like bare geomod, bare kingdoms, stainless steel etc(not in retrofit) that sound effect is missing so i searched for the problem and found which part was missing that makes the sound play.
    So here it is.
    Continue reading this post only if you know how to place sounds in a mod if not read this tutorial first.

Ok the file we want is descr_sounds_generic.txt. Open the file and place the entry given below to enable SFX for the stakes.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ;; STAKES
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

event DEPLOY_STAKES mindist 10 minpitch 1 maxpitch 1 volume 0 priority 50
    folder data/sounds/SFX/Individual/Siege_Engines
    Plant_stake_01

end

After that save changes to the file and delete the SFX.dat and SFX.idx files.
    Launch the game and Voila the missing sound effect is back in our mod.

Enjoy!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: How to add missing SFX sound for stakes in mods like SS, bare kingdoms and bare geomod etc.

I am afraid I am failing to obtain a file with that name from unpacking. Can you upload one with the modification in it?

Belay that, just downloaded all the sound text files from the sticky in this forum.
    Last edited by Gigantus; June 17, 2010 at 11:16 AM.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: How to add missing SFX sound for stakes in mods like SS, bare kingdoms and bare geomod etc.

Gigantus, it's in the mod's data folder. I just looked.

Plz Do let me know guys if this works for u.