View Poll Results: Should I add my units to the Peninsular DLC?

Voters
188. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

166 88.30%
  • No!

22 11.70%
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Foreign Legions Mod 7.5 -New British and Austrian Updates

Default Re: Foreign Legions Mod (Hotfix 2.1.1 OUT! Units now TRULY recruitable in Peninsular Campaign and other issues fixed)

HAHAHA!!!

Oh buddy, I didn't have a mod manager for Napoleon... I have one for Empire, but didn't for Napoleon.

Ah me... I've got it up and running now.

Freaking awesome mod man. + Rep!

eliza08's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Foreign Legions Mod (Hotfix 2.1.1 OUT! Units now TRULY recruitable in Peninsular Campaign and other issues fixed)

@♔EmperorBatman999♔

+Rep for a nice mod!

May I know, what campaigns did the Italian honor gurads fight in? Also, is the saxon garde du corps same as the saxon cuirassiers?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by austin.weathers View Post
    I did notice one change... all the sudden some of the country names are different. Like, Kingdom of Denmark-Norway... I don't remember that being there last time?
    I believe this is a change that the UPC pack does. Swiss' original, which is used a base for this also, does change several of the country names to be more historically accurate I believe.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Quote Originally Posted by eliza08 View Post
    @♔EmperorBatman999♔

+Rep for a nice mod!

May I know, what campaigns did the Italian honor gurads fight in? Also, is the saxon garde du corps same as the saxon cuirassiers?

Thanks.
    I'm not sure, but the Saxon Garde du Corps are guards, not cuirassiers.

Beautifull work , i am very happy to use a few of these units in my mod, you agree?

I really like this mod and have been trying it out with a few different campaign test games. Here are a few thoughts that maybe you would consider implementing based on my testing...

When playing as the French you of course have full control over what you pick to make up your army, so you obviously control and can decide what you want to give a fair mix of French and foreign units in each stack.

But.... when playing Coalition campaign, as say the Prussians etc, I notice the AI French tend to pick mostly foreign units when building new armies resulting in too many stacks composed purely of foreign troops and hardly any French units. While this is occasionally ok, as it sort of gives the feel of a foreign Corp operating independantly, it's doing it too much resulting in nearly all new stacks being foreign troops because they can be recruited anywhere.

I think many people, like me, are using this together with Swiss' AUM pack, and it would be really nice if the two worked together in harmony. Swiss' solution was to limit foreign recruitment to just supply posts and secret buildings with an average limit of 4 per unit i.e.
    tSecret1_gentlemens_club, tSecret2_secret_society, tSecret3_masonic_lodge
    tSupply1_supply_post, tSupply2_supply_warehouse, tSupply3_supply_depot

I think this would result in a better balance of mixed units especially when the AI is controlling the French, and mean that both the Foreign Legions mod and the AUM mod would work together in a nice compatible fashion.

Anyway, I hope you will consider some of these suggestions, and good luck with the developement of what is a very nice addition to the game.

PAiMONiA's Avatar Civis
    Everywhere...Everytime, Realm of Immortals

Haha Hired Mercenaries i love it downloading now !!!! REp You if could buddy !!

Prince of Essling's Avatar Napoleonic Enthusiast
    Patrician

Eliza08 asked: May I know, what campaigns did the Italian honor guards fight in?

Combed from Orbats (Digby-Swift's "Napoleonic Wars Databook", Nafziger's OoBs, Bowden's "Armies of the danube 1809" & "Napoleon's Grande Armee of 1813", Nafziger's "Lutzen & Bautzen" etc:

The Italian Gardes D'Honour (or Gardes d'Onore) took part in the 1809 campaign in Northern Italy and were present at the battles of Piave, Raab & Wagram.
    They formed part of IV corps for the 1812 Russian campaign.
    A small detachment was in Germany at the start of the 1813 campaign & probably accompanied Eugene de Beauharnais back to Italy in May; reinforcements were assembled in Milan for the struggle against Austria in the Autumn of 1813 to April 1814.

Time line for the Gardes D'Honour at http://www.histunif.com/italie/italie2/corps/garde/garde01a.htm

Christianus's Avatar Miles

Comperitable with your "Napoleon Order of War" mod?
    Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε
    κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.
    - Σιμωνίδης ὁ Κεῖος

nice one, just to say that you should have some british there also. Some British did fight for the frence

Quote Originally Posted by Christianus View Post
    Comperitable with your "Napoleon Order of War" mod?
    No, although Beale did request me if he could use my units.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthawk
    nice one, just to say that you should have some british there also. Some British did fight for the frence
    I had never known this, got any sources of these regiments?

mattebubben's Avatar Senator

would it be possible to make this a patch file so i dont need to uninstall before playing multiplayer but only making them Apear in Campaign and not in Custom or multiplayer?
    and also 1 thing i have been thinking of would it be possible to Retexture the Muskets? or atleast the Bayonet cus i HATE that big Lead blump on the front of the rifle =P

I don't think it's possible to make a unit mod work as a movie file. So you're out of luck there, sorry.

About bayonets, no, sorry, can't fix that either. But I agree, it is annoying.

Default Re: Foreign Legions Mod (Longly awaited) 3.0 JUST OUT! BRAND NEW units!

Update 3.0 released!

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    Update 3.0 released!
    YES!

Prince of Essling's Avatar Napoleonic Enthusiast
    Patrician

EmperorBatman

Many thanks for adding the Neopolitans. Excellent stuff +rep! Am downloading & will get them into action asap.

Well done.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Update 3.0 released!
    Do you fancy updating my toon Version and add the new units as I have no Internet for the next week mate?

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    Do you fancy updating my toon Version and add the new units as I have no Internet for the next week mate?
    Did you at all change the stats of my units in AiO? If not, then sure, I'll see what I can do.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Did you at all change the stats of my units in AiO? If not, then sure, I'll see what I can do.
    Easiest way to do this would be download my version and update as there were many changes to textures etc.. To make compatible with other mods
    I think you only need to adjust unit sizes thexeest should be ok thanks mate

Great units well done now if only you showed half as much love to the rather bare minor factions(harder to research i know) paradise would be found on the battle fields of NTW(plus rep )

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)