Thread: New Citizens Post Here

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New Citizens Post Here

Humbled to be named but these names(King Kong, Severus, General Brewster, Stealthfox, Flinn, and Hader) belong to the House of Hader, which split from Siblesz.

If you would visit the Genealogy Project page, you will note that I do not recognize political actions. I only looked at who patronized who in what order.
    I do have a hierarchy system in development. In the system, there are "lesser Houses" the following similarly to noble families have lesser houses. Hader has two large branches extending his patronages to 5 generations.
    Hader was patronized by Horsearcher who was in turned patronized by Siblesz.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I'm sure that Hader and other Haderians will apreciate that you're considering our House as a "lesser" one. Good move mate
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

I am not sure if I should laugh or cry.

Blog Entries

I leave it to your interpretation. That shouldn't be too difficult for you to find out.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Omnipotent-Q's Avatar All Powerful Q
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Havie! Good to see you here
    Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    Welcome Havie

about the houses.. yes keep dreaming lads, see which house actually has 3 bold red guys in charge..
    House of Hader is red because it’s on fire! All your houses are to be crushed. Your horses, gold, wineries, truffles, and snorkels will be taken. It has been written by the Oracle “Brother “.

Under the patronage of the Legendary Urbanis Legio - Mr Necrobrit of the Great House of Wild Bill Kelso. Honoured to have sponsored these great warriors for Citizenship - Joffrey Baratheon, General Brittanicus, SonOfOdin, Hobbes., Lionheartx10, Mangerman, Gen. Chris and PikeStance.

Blog Entries

Come at us bruh The House of Generals shall await you!

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Although I show it in my signature, mainly as a courtesy to my patron, I couldn't care less about who is a member of what house.

Well, of course I am also not at all interested in role playing, quite the opposite really.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Although I show it in my signature, mainly as a courtesy to my patron, I couldn't care less about who is a member of what house.

Well, of course I am also not at all interested in role playing, quite the opposite really.
    Says the man who was recently awarded a medal for his time he spent as a Censor!

But seriously,.... (click me)

But, no seriously, isn't Hader just an Omni light?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent-Q View Post
    House of Hader is red because it’s on fire! All your houses are to be crushed. Your horses, gold, wineries, truffles, and snorkels will be taken. It has been written by the Oracle “Brother “.
    Fire keeps us warm and as long you don't take the beer, I don't mind. Cheers Mate,

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    Says the man who was recently awarded a medal for his time he spent as a Censor!
    Says the man who just received the same one I didn't know that the Censor position was a RPG
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; February 08, 2018 at 02:51 PM.

Blog Entries

I'm the only one in this selective company engaged in this discussion without one frankly

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Says the man who just received the same one I didn't know that the Censor position was a RPG
    Seriously, you need to learn to play nice.
    Anyway, I think I have said this 100 times already,.. this is a virtual community. Everyone who is active on this forum is role-playing in one form or another.

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    I'm the only one in this selective company engaged in this discussion without one frankly
    Well, you have a Silver CdeC award and you have served as Curator twice. Were you not an assistant before then?

Blog Entries

I'm on my third term as Curator and I served as CA during Frunk's lasts stint as Curator yes.

Blog Entries

It might be true but restricting the Censor position to a simple and basic role playing is not really respectful from someone who has just been rewarded with the CSA. It's even less respecful toward Veteraan who has spent several terms as Censor.
    Do you think the same about the Magistrate position you just had?

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Just because somebody says something (even a hundred times or more) doesn't make it true, or false for that matter. Repeating the exact same opinions in a discussion time after time does get very annoying in my view though.

As I see it, a virtual community does not differ that much from a real life community. In both it is possible to "play a role" and some people do this, where others don't. Just because we usually hide behind an avatar, does not mean we are automatically involved in a RPG. I believe most people do this for privacy reasons. If people want to indulge in RPG's on TWC, they can of course do that. As long as they respect the ToS.

However, in my view RPG'ing is totally unsuited when acting in an "official" role on TWC, be it Hex, Moderators, Staff, Tribunes/Magistrates, Censors and every other function I might have forgotten to mention. This is a community and there are real people behind the avatars. People that often care about this place and their role in it. It matters to them/us how they are treated here and for many of us. It would be a sad day if we were not longer able to visit this place and interact with our online friends (and other members), be it because you got banned from TWC, or that it would seize to exist all together for some reason, or that you would no longer feel welcome here because a "role playing official" treated you unfairly.

Just my two cents. It's an interesting subject, but perhaps this is not quite the right place for it. Well, there is of course the guy without the CSA who can take care of that, if necessary.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Blog Entries

Cheap shot at me mate

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    Make that 2.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Blog Entries

Let us bond over it in celebration of the newest citizen

I honestly do not know if I should laugh or cry. Everyone is joking around and I am the only one taken seriously and then have his words twisted around like I am some kind of a jerk!

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    It might be true but restricting the Censor position to a simple and basic role-playing is not really respectful from someone who has just been rewarded with the CSA. It's even less respectful toward Veteraan who has spent several terms as Censor.
    Do you think the same about the Magistrate position you just had?
    Unlike yourself, apparently, I do not find the term to be a derision. Moreover, I believe I wrote a lovely prose for Veteraan for that award we speak of. And, I still think it is a role-playing activity.

Just because somebody says something (even a hundred times or more) doesn't make it true, or false for that matter. Repeating the exact same opinions in a discussion time after time does get very annoying in my view though.
    Ok, I think maybe I cut you some slack here. When you use that expression you are not saying that you are right, it means if you say something that many times then people should remember.

As I see it, a virtual community does not differ that much from a real-life community. In both it is possible to "play a role" and some people do this, where others don't. Just because we usually hide behind an avatar, does not mean we are automatically involved in an RPG. I believe most people do this for privacy reasons. If people want to indulge in RPG's on TWC, they can, of course, do that. As long as they respect the ToS.

However, in my view RPG'ing is totally unsuited when acting in an "official" role on TWC, be it Hex, Moderators, Staff, Tribunes/Magistrates, Censors and every other function I might have forgotten to mention. This is a community and there are real people behind the avatars. People that often care about this place and their role in it. It matters to them/us how they are treated here and for many of us. It would be a sad day if we were no longer able to visit this place and interact with our online friends (and other members), be it because you got banned from TWC, or that it would seize to exist altogether for some reason, or that you would no longer feel welcome here because a "role-playing official" treated you unfairly.

Just my two cents. It's an interesting subject, but perhaps this is not quite the right place for it. Well, there is, of course, the guy without the CSA who can take care of that, if necessary.
    You are entitled to your opinion, of course, but so am I. In my view, on my CV for voluntary work, I put down my time in the Peace Corps and the American Red Cross/ I do not put down, the time I spent as a Moderator on AOL, or Librarian, vault staff or even Magistrate on TWC. The difference, I am playing a role in a virtual community. Most forums do not have a roleplay opportunity/ The most you can do is be a moderator or admin for a site. And yes, that is role-playing.

The appeal of TWC is the opportunity to role- play. It is what the community is based on. It is what citizenship is predicated on. The creators of this site created a virtual community. In order for that community to function, they created an administrative apparatus that included a variety of ways in which people can role- play. I have theorized that it is the lack of these opportunities to "role- play" in a meaningful way that has led to the drop in activity on the site.
    THings that make TWC a giant role-playing virtual community;
    1. Citizenship
    2. The admin is referred to as "Hex" for "Hexagonal Council."
    3. Most titles are old Roman titles (Tribune, Magistrate, Censor, etc...)
    4. There is a "court" called the "tribunal" that listen to "appeals" to moderation action for violating the "ToS" which is treated like the "law."
    5. We have "Censors" that judges citizens in the Triumvirate for behavior unbecoming a citizen.
    6. The TWC University(We give "degrees." and we acknowledge "professors."
    7. Published material, reviewing games etc...
    8. Moderators, virtual police who enforce the "ToS which is treated like a law since you can actually appeal them. (You can't do that on other sites).
    I can go on and on, but this site used to have even more obvious role-playing roles with even more obvious Roman names than it does now. Then again that is when this site was most active. GED would be wise to bring it back even if it means less direct control by him. It will certainly lead to an increase in activity, thus higher revenue. <---- this is now 101 times! No, not really, more like 20!

Role-playing isn't a bad thing or a dirty word. You are here participating in it. You do enjoy all of this or you would not be an active participant.

Anyway, enough serious talk.... boring!

Blog Entries

^^ This...

My RPG thought about it...
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; February 09, 2018 at 03:52 AM.