Thread: Performance Mod (Removes Weather, Reduces Dust, Reduces Particals, Reduces Ambient Effects, Increases Fps)

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Default Performance Mod (Removes Weather, Reduces Dust, Reduces Particals, Reduces Ambient Effects, Increases Fps)

Hi all.

I made this mod to help people with lower end computers by reducing effects but i have tried to keep the effects as vanilla as possible.

Changes
    -Removes all weather
    -Reduces Ambient Effects
    -Reduces Partical Effects
    -Reduces Sea Spray
    -Reduces Dust

The graph was done on a medium/high end computer so hopefully the gains will be even greater to those of you with lower end computers. If so please attach a benchmark .

This mod will be incompatible with:
    -Blood Mod's
    -Mech Donalds Mod
    -Any Mod That Edits Landbattle.xml so check before downloading

Installation:
    Simply extract the files to your data directory. No need to Edit User.script

Thanks to Rikktherek and Mech Donald for being and insperation to do this though i rather did the opposite to them , + rep these guys (and me ) if you can.

Also check out my other minimods here: Click me

Please tell me of any problems and Enjoy.
    Last edited by The Hedge Knight; January 14, 2012 at 01:39 PM.

Default Re: Josst's Performance Mod (Removes Weather, Reduces Dust, Reduces Particals, Reduces Ambient Effects, Increases Fps)

There's another pretty awesome mod that does something similar to yours, maybe in a different way, though.
    But I'd like to know two things:
    -Is your mod compatible with multiplayer?
    -Could it work alongside with the other mod? http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...light=optimize

Artifex

Default Re: Josst's Performance Mod (Removes Weather, Reduces Dust, Reduces Particals, Reduces Ambient Effects, Increases Fps)

This is aimed at lower end computers i feel.
    Last edited by The Hedge Knight; June 27, 2010 at 06:09 PM.

good work!!

Artifex

Glad you like it .

Good work, but for users of this mod, this is more of a vannilla use only mod. Its going to clash with many mods.

Again, good work!
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

Artifex

Download fixed.

Hello!
    Does this mod work with Peninsular Campaign update?

Artifex

Should do.

Hi , I have the peninsula campaign and new patch I installed your mod but when i enter into a campaign battle after a while of playing I get CTD , I desinstalled the mod and the battles are working just fine ..honestly it's a shame cause the mod was amazing and I saw the diffrence in the performance, can you please look into it and if necessary adjust it for the new patch ? Thank you

Artifex

None of the files in this mod have been updated in patch 4 so thats very odd...

Or maybe was your grass mod...im on my way to install only performance with no grass to see..will let you know thank you for the quick reply

Artifex

I can gaurentee it is not the grass mate .

Damn ..ok I have as mods installed allready : AUM NAP, Foreign Legion v2 , Radious experience mod v2 , FBR mod , no limit for unit recrutements , georider unit pack mod do you think it's a conflict between^!!!

Or maybe is not gavesaves compatible and I should start another game?

Artifex

I doubt it if they are just units packs/ experience mods...
    Sorry i can be more helpful... You dont have any smoke or blood mods do you?

I really don't know what happened yesterday for the CTD's I installed it again and ..work just fine , thank you , you've been helpfull by creating the mod

Default Re: Performance Mod (Removes Weather, Reduces Dust, Reduces Particals, Reduces Ambient Effects, Increases Fps)

Where's the download link?

Default Re: Performance Mod (Removes Weather, Reduces Dust, Reduces Particals, Reduces Ambient Effects, Increases Fps)

yeh