Thread: Discuss the Shogun TW map (photo)

Tajir's Avatar Vicarius

Default Discuss the Shogun TW map (photo)

Its a screen cap I took from the trailer, but it gives us a good idea of the map's boundaries (no Hokkaido sadly ) among other things.

I think the map is just there for aesthetic reasons, I only see 4 different colors distributed unevenly all over the map.

Also note what looks to be trade route trails, islands look to be quite lucrative trade posts.

Discuss.

Default Re: Discuss the Shogun TW map (photo)

I see islands connected trough lines of sorts. There's no reason for them to not be available now that we have naval combat.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I hope that isn't all of the provinces in the game.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

Quote Originally Posted by craziii View Post
    I hope that isn't all of the provinces in the game.
    Of course it isn't.

I think map only gives a rough idea of what will be available - in regards to regions, each colour a province split into further regions

Who here wants to bet they'll throw China on there in some cheap fashion like they did the Americas ala M2

And you just know they're setting this up for some cheesy Hideyoshi "China Invasion" expack to milk another $30 from us down the road.
    /* Under the Patronage of the Honorable Garbarsardar */
    Graphic Designer, Husband, & Dad

Tim_Ward's Avatar Campidoctor
    Up High in the North, at the end of my rocky road

I don't think those dotted lines are trade routes, but borders for areas of sea.
    Dominion of Dust. A city of sand. Built your world of nothing. So how long did it stand?
    A 100 years? Now wasn't it grand? Built your world of nothing. How long did it stand?
    What did you think would happen? When did you think it would all fall down?
    Domain of dust in a land of sand. Did yourself right, so let's feel grand.
    Domain of dust in a land of sand. Now there's nowhere left to stand.

Dunno if we should talk about that map, I mean, it's very plausible that they'll change it till release.
    At least I would keep that in mind before moaning about to few provinces or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakandakari Lobato View Post
    Yesh, but would you buy it? I would!
    No. I won't.
    /* Under the Patronage of the Honorable Garbarsardar */
    Graphic Designer, Husband, & Dad

Nack's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    Who here wants to bet they'll throw China on there in some cheap fashion like they did the Americas ala M2

And you just know they're setting this up for some cheesy Hideyoshi "China Invasion" expack to milk another $30 from us down the road.
    That would be pretty nice, actually.
    Also, how much is the Iberian Campaign DLC for Napoleon? $10? That's probably as much as they'd charge for it, maybe $15.

MaximiIian's Avatar Comes Limitis

And, you know, you don't have to buy the DLC. It's not like they make you get it.
    So whining about it is utterly pointless. Especially since the map shown is not reflective of what the strategic map will probably look like in the game.
    Last edited by MaximiIian; June 10, 2010 at 10:22 AM.

I certainly hope there will be more provinces than that shown in the screenshot. More factions too would be nice-even if they are little factions that probably wont last the game.

Id hope to see something similar to the 'discover america' portion of M2TW. Except perhaps after you unify Japan you can have the option to try your hand in Korea-maybe even China if feeling really up for a challenge.

Although given what I have come to expect from CA/Sega/whoever makes the decisions, I forsee I will be waiting for the modders before I get to see that. Maybe an expansion pack if we are lucky.

kentuckybandit's Avatar Ordinarius

They can make the map how ever they wish, as long as it can be modded. I am wanting a map (release or mod) with as many provinces as on the old Samurai Swords board game.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

japan invaded korea alot, it would make more sense for an ex pack. did china and jap ever had major conflicts till fire arms and steam engines?
    fear is helluva drug
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

Quote Originally Posted by craziii View Post
    japan invaded korea alot, it would make more sense for an ex pack. did china and jap ever had major conflicts till fire arms and steam engines?
    Well, they fought each other in the Imjin war

Also Japan was quite active in Korea during their three kingdoms period. And sometimes certain Chinese kingdoms the one example I can think of it the Battle of Baekgang in which Baekje fell.

And then the Mongol invasions of Japan later can be seen as a Sino-Japanese conflict.

However, Japan never took China one on one. However Toyotomi's invasion of Korea was so that he could move into China.

I don't think Korea will be on the map. Though I do hope it will be in the expansion as either a remake of the mongol invasion or the Imjin war, and which ever it is the mod community can make the other, or both. I'm also hopping the mod community can make a Yayoi-Nara mod (since that is my focus in history) in which Japan can invade Korea during the Korean three kingdoms.
    Right now however, I just hope to the Ryukyu kingdom and the island of Ezo in the launch. But of course, if they fail to do it. I'm sure our mod community can fix their mistake.
    Last edited by rekishiotaku; June 10, 2010 at 12:20 PM.