Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Preview: The Romani - (II)

Senator

Default Re: Preview: The Romani - (II)

Quote Originally Posted by obeetwo2 View Post
    awesome, cant wait but about how long?
    At least look in the FAQ etc. before asking stupid questions mate.

SirGejor's Avatar Biarchus

AVE.

Amazing preview!!
    OLD SOLDIERS NEVER DIE
    Veni, Vidi,Vinci - Gaius Julius Caesar...

Great work, as usual. Keep it up and take your time. Great things don't come fast.

Cromagnon2's Avatar Senator

Awesome and unique mod!

outstanding!!!

Nice work, However that settlement needs some serious reworking... is it really going to look like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Totalknight View Post
    Nice work, However that settlement needs some serious reworking... is it really going to look like that?
    Perhaps you could explain how they could be improved. Campaign map models can only be so detailed, and those are more than detailed enough for the campaign map.

Foot
    Last edited by Foot; August 08, 2010 at 04:52 PM.
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

hmmmm.... i saw one on another preview you had, and it looks sweeeeeeeet. I would hate to see Rome have this and the other have something more spectacular?

hmmmm.... i saw one on another preview you had, and it looks sweeeeeeeet. I would hate to see Rome have this and the other have something more spectacular?
    I don't know what you mean? What do you mean? How is it not "sweeeeeeeet", how is it not "spectacular"? Speak in specifics, if you would. If this is an aesthetic issue, then I'm afraid you are out of luck. The EB Team love it, we made it after all, and it will stay as it is. If there is an historical issue then please let us know.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

The settlements are great, dont really see whats wrong with them either.

For England Men's Avatar Miles

looks absolutely awesome I check on here every week to see if there is a release date for this and to check out the new previews. Good work guys keep it up.

Okay I found the settlement in the preview section under Preview: Provinces.
    Last edited by Totalknight; August 10, 2010 at 02:45 PM.

And you are trying to tell us what exactly with this post?

Yes, we know about that. We created that as well. If you have something to say then you will need to say it. Providing us with two pictures for us to compare is not particularly useful as, being members of the team that created them, we have already seen those two settlements and some time before you did. If you wish to criticize you will need to actually say something that we can take back and discuss amongst the team. Showing us what we already have seen does not count.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

One more step forward! Can barely wait till we get something to play with but these detailed and huge news updates make up for all the waiting.

Modding is hard but these guys will get there
    YATS: Manius Aquillius Tuscus, 46, Patrician

Really looking forward to the realese !

AMBASZ's Avatar Libertus

Great work ( as always )

Regarding the video, should the soldiers have such colourful clothing? AFIAK in the Roman era dyes and pigments for clothing were extremely expensive, so most clothes would have been varying shades of brown or grey.
    I'm not an expert; there may have been a cheap source of dyes. The EB team obviously know about the period.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser101 View Post
    Regarding the video, should the soldiers have such colourful clothing? AFIAK in the Roman era dyes and pigments for clothing were extremely expensive, so most clothes would have been varying shades of brown or grey.
    I'm not an expert; there may have been a cheap source of dyes. The EB team obviously know about the period.
    Certain dyes and pigments were very expensive, others were cheap and available. We have a list of colours that are suitable for different classes in different regions that our historians can draw upon.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Foot View Post
    Certain dyes and pigments were very expensive, others were cheap and available. We have a list of colours that are suitable for different classes in different regions that our historians can draw upon.

Foot
    Another slightly irrelevant point: in the "Cohors Reformata" loading screen in EB, it says that constant friction kept the chainmail free of rust. How exactly does friction prevent the iron from reacting with the oxygen in the air (thus forming rust)?