Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Age of Enlightenment

Default Re: Age of Enlightenment

after a little atempt on milkshape trying improving muskets and add details using an american musket from revolutionary wars as base:

comments?

map will be hereje's, better map and this allows me to progress in another areas on the mod.
    Last edited by Ataegina; July 11, 2010 at 01:16 PM.
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

im really looking forward to this so keep up the good work and dont let it go dead like most of the other brilliant mods i would help you guys out a little myself with the conversions but my milkshape trial ran out... darn and right in the middle of a napoleonic mod i was making...

Mr. Sorrow's Avatar Ordinarius

This looks like jolly good romp! Good luck!

please the date of the release of this mod ???

why not :

I want to help and make this mod progressing more faster!

sorry theres no release dates, will be released to everyone when the mod is done! so please don't ask for dates

good luck guys with it btw what do you have done so far?

theres some strat map models, nearly 30 battle models, hereje's map, sigma ongoing UI stuff.

but right now the models part and such is totally stuck until the animations part is solved http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=371714 if theres someone willing to help and just give an hand with rebuild animations, than it would help alot to make the mod moving again

###### updates

wip bayonet animation added (thanks to the help of Taiji and SignifierOne)

for better accuracy, how much ammo should have infantry and cavalry before charge into 1 vs 1 combat ?

i would guess cav not that much unless they dragoons but as far as i know infantrymen around this time were given lots of ammo (like somewhere between 30-50 lead bullets)

some battle shots (featuring new bayonet animation wich stills a wip and featuring new musket model )

Credits:

DaNova - swedish, russian skins and flags

Opifex

Looking very good. If next you make the battlefields look a little like ETW, the illusion will be complete!

Btw I have always been dissatisfied with the ETW (and M2TW) musket firing animations, and unfortunately this issue had perpetrated itself without being fixed, into ETW, NTW, and beyond. Now maybe we have a change to make firing look as it should've been.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

New muskets are far more realistic .Good job.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

wonderful animations and i just got empire a few days ago and it's a bit relaxing to actually see those units fight more, i guess fluently again. unlike empire's animations which turns them into statues with invisible wheels though for the actually musket animations, i'm not sure how you'll be able to add rank fire and such or make the reload animations so it isn't just a unit croaching and swiping his palm over the muzzel with the bullet falling in out of thin air, without actually editting the animations themselves. but as you said you're more concerned with adding the units first so i guess you can disregard that question until it's relevant.

well animations are far from perfect but its a step ahead, alpha bayonet animation along with new animation for maratha elephants (no tower or such), but mtw2 have fire_by_rank and reload animation

make new animations, special editing .cas takes some serious work, but goal for now is make animations wich do the trick, even if isnt with all details

but lets make one step at the time

Nice bayonet animation : Oh and as i said before why don't you guys just ask the lordz to use their animations for reloading? Oh and btw, are the artillery very effective so far in game? I like me some arty

Question: Would you work on Line Infatry being able to use the Rank Fire Drill/ Square Formations? It would be awesome.

I also saw a screenie with the Swedish and Russian Line, they seem to be more of Light Infantry than line. Their formations should be compressed. I think as compressed as the Sindar archers in TATW (sorry for such a far example) would be near it.
    My Ukulele Cover of Death Note L's Theme
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhP70qHqsVg

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoyalGuard1 View Post
    Nice bayonet animation : Oh and as i said before why don't you guys just ask the lordz to use their animations for reloading? Oh and btw, are the artillery very effective so far in game? I like me some arty
    well i wish i knew how to work with rtw animations,besides being just me and (hereje wich i hope still work on the map) so its alot of work. artillery depends the the way you use it, but in few battles i've seen enemy general just disappear from the horse with single cannon shot, so effective ? take your conclusions

Quote Originally Posted by Shonos47 View Post
    Question: Would you work on Line Infatry being able to use the Rank Fire Drill/ Square Formations? It would be awesome.

I also saw a screenie with the Swedish and Russian Line, they seem to be more of Light Infantry than line. Their formations should be compressed. I think as compressed as the Sindar archers in TATW (sorry for such a far example) would be near it.
    Square Formations is possible but needs someone with knowledge on this part of modding. Its just text editing but takes some work and testing.

Formations and display of troops in screenshots are just for test purposes because its using defaults stats, mostly to see any bugs on the model but needs many work (formations, new bullets-projectiles) entries so make the guns used itself more accurate (riffle,musket,etc)

1 shot and a general is gone? Yayz now I dont have to worry about going to battle against a general whos is bad*** I can just point a howitzer or 2 to take him out Wait.... will there be howitzers?

you can make out a beta for the fun of this mod ??

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoyalGuard1 View Post
    1 shot and a general is gone? Yayz now I dont have to worry about going to battle against a general whos is bad*** I can just point a howitzer or 2 to take him out Wait.... will there be howitzers?
    well that can happens but its also luck, but depending wich type of cannon you choose and wich type you want to use (cannon ball, explosive shell or short range grape). make models is easy part but issue is somehow when converting ingame this appears with alot of glow iunno why

Quote Originally Posted by the patriot View Post
    you can make out a beta for the fun of this mod ??
    Beta will be release when the time arrives, and for fun well all mods should be for fun and this one isn't different