Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Age of Enlightenment

Sassori's Avatar Tiro
    Inside a mountain cavern, surrounded by old monitors and old PCs. And a black dog.

Default Re: Age of Enlightenment

Quote Originally Posted by Ataegina View Post
    yes theres 3 modified cannons from mtw2 more the mortar model, featuring from 3 to 24lber (cannon ball, explosive shell, grapeshot).
    That will be a BLAST! good!

By the way, those Grenadiers looks awesome.

Hereje's Avatar Artifex

Map's screens soon.

Hereje's Avatar Artifex

Done. first impressions please

Nirnaeth Arnoediad's Avatar Vive l'Empereur !

Waou ! Very interesting. I'l try to help you in future, really.

Nice work Hereje

the map is looking good
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

looks great plus rep!
    Last edited by stevietheconquer; July 09, 2010 at 12:12 PM.

a WIP unit for the French Revolutionary Army

and don't forget to check http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K1q9Ntcr5g !
    Last edited by Ataegina; July 09, 2010 at 12:31 PM.

Awesome work both of you

Sweden is very nice, though I miss the lake Vättern and the lake you put out, Vänern, is far too small... But otherwise, GREAT!!! +Rep for good work

And also, Ataegina, please give the ordinary dragoons tricorns instead of these awful-looking hats
    "I came, I saw, and I didn't believe my eyes!"

no problem, i just used this ones because was the ones used on my source but i can use tricorns without any problem

Edit:

new hat version

Last edited by Ataegina; July 09, 2010 at 02:56 PM. Reason: new hat version

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

meh, since we're all posting previews, here is the Northern and Southern European Interfaces:

-Northern European

-Southern European

I'm a novice, don't hurt me to bad.
    Last edited by Sigma; July 09, 2010 at 04:01 PM.

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

nice!

but dude, srsly.....it ain't gonna work. after-all, the muskets all look wrong.

let me try to remedy this:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

this is a Charleville (from 1763-1816):

this is a St. Etienne musket (1728-1763)

here is another french musket, in use from 1717 to 1728 (officially; many served in Europe right up to 1763):

these muskets are all applicable to Spain and France, as Spain produced no independent models till c.1789

all credit for pics goes to the discriminating general, and Wikipedia.
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

well if they're increased more they will be bigger than the man itself, but in any case if they look so wrong maybe a new moddeller or make new model would help this mod! why not work ? because have inch less or inch more whats the difference this makes in battle? have textures from etw and models are same of etw so i dont see what is so wrong except textures aren't very reallistic at 100%

holy ! those are so nice! are you guys going to make stuff like mass fire drills, a better fire by rank or anything for different nations units? oh and what about the ai? how will it hadles the gunpowder only battles like will it fire off a few volleys then charge and will it keep its units out of skirmish so we players can bayonet charge? i just love me a good bayonet (not to sound perverted )

well the AI will need some rework but for now its just converting units and fix bugs (very early alpha) fire by rank is ok, if we take it off we will lose the reloading animations, fire by rank or not will be on or off depending if is regular troops or just militia (or mercenaries,etc).

so far the AI will keep firing until the moment the line starts crumbling, ie if line is closer to crumble they will charge or if moral and line is just few men they may rout and with luck some may return to some skirmishing.

sadly mtw2 doesn't have bayonet animation and i myself i'm not animator so for now is using 2hand axe animation for the charge and close combat, isnt perfect but is the most reallistic we've for now, enough to knock down your enemy. you can see it in action on FKOC

right now just fixing some assignment (bones) and increase in a bit the muskets sizes

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

well if they're increased more they will be bigger than the man itself, but in any case if they look so wrong maybe a new moddeller or make new model would help this mod! why not work ?(what are you talking about?) because have inch less or inch more whats the difference this makes in battle?(none, but I'm into realism) have textures from etw and models are same of etw so i dont see what is so wrong except textures aren't very reallistic at 100% (overachieving is better )

muskets were never taller than the men (otherwise, how can you load it?); the largest musket iirc was 165 cm long, dating from the early 18th century Russia (the petrine musket). most muskets were between 140-163 cm. the St. Etienne was 163 cm or so. since the average soldier would have been 5'4"-4'6" as a minimum, the musket should be shorter than the man.

besides, I never said change the size in my last post; I said (well, implied) changing the shape would work. you did great with size.

also, I am working on this. problem is, I'm still lost trying to make the darn musket (I'm still struggling with MESH modelling/texturing). I already changed many muskets in my minimod in N2TW, using the cas format. all that is really left is to change the animations in the minimod.
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

well so i totally misanderstood you, my apologies

the current models were based on the textures/shapes of etw, i got what you meant now. only issue with rtw(.cas) models if allmost all use large parts (squares) based in alpha channel, and mtw2 doesn't handle well alpha channels, so pretty much everything must be under the edges of the textures but you could post here your results here would be great.

as for animations its a major issue, well the firing isnt correct at all but could be handle later, my major concern right now is a charging-bayonet style animation

hey if you guys need a bayonet animation you could ask the lordz to use their one from the napoleonic 2 mod for rome then convert it to medieval 2 also you could do the same for some other animations of theirs you know it stinks we dont have the smilies from the .org site

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoyalGuard1 View Post
    hey if you guys need a bayonet animation you could ask the lordz to use their one from the napoleonic 2 mod for rome then convert it to medieval 2 also you could do the same for some other animations of theirs you know it stinks we dont have the smilies from the .org site
    That would be nice and work perfectly, but we dont have nobody to work on animations yet

Opifex

prussian grenadiers (muskets on first line looks a bit odd on the screenshot but ingame is working fine)

Looks great! You might want to turn down those colors though, make it more like a desaturated realistic uniform.

Not sure if you're still going ahead with this map or Hereje's, but I wanted to comment that for this map, you should cut off more Africa/S.America, and make it wider by covering more of N.America.

It is also possible to make 'theaters of operation', where if you move a ship to a certain designated spot near Africa, it becomes 'transported' to the other side of Africa the next turn.
    Last edited by SigniferOne; July 11, 2010 at 10:56 AM.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams