Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - FACTION PREVIEW: Ottoman Empire

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - FACTION PREVIEW: Ottoman Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    Not quite sure what you mean. The units are historically researched by our turkish historian. Of course we could have a lot more variations but we dont have capacity for something like that.
    Who is your Turkish "Historian" ???

I mean this real Janissary Nefer Armour with Shield and Bow:

2Shy's Avatar Campidoctor

Man I don't know what is your problem. You just come and start insulting our historian. Who are you anyway? Without even expressing gratitude for all the superb units in the preview, without thinking about the mountain of work that had to be done so everyone can enjoy and soon play the ottomans you start to brag about a thing that you don't like. And the worse is that you think you are right!
    I'm not exactly sure what you don't like in the unit. It has bow as primary weapon, sabre as second and shield for defense. The only thing that the two units differ is that we put cloths over the mail, which was something normal in the medieval times.
    Before speaking so rudely I suggest to start reading more. It's normal your view on the subject to be different than that of our historian and modeler, but there is better ways to express your ideas. So start thinking like a grown up and if you have more of these "constructive suggestions" of yours to add please keep them for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Shy View Post
    Man I don't know what is your problem. You just come and start insulting our historian. Who are you anyway? Without even expressing gratitude for all the superb units in the preview, without thinking about the mountain of work that had to be done so everyone can enjoy and soon play the ottomans you start to brag about a thing that you don't like. And the worse is that you think you are right!
    I'm not exactly sure what you don't like in the unit. It has bow as primary weapon, sabre as second and shield for defense. The only thing that the two units differ is that we put cloths over the mail, which was something normal in the medieval times.
    Before speaking so rudely I suggest to start reading more. It's normal your view on the subject to be different than that of our historian and modeler, but there is better ways to express your ideas. So start thinking like a grown up and if you have more of these "constructive suggestions" of yours to add please keep them for yourself.
    I came with proofs and pictures <--------- which are facts -----------> Im sharing here a picture from an Museum in Istanbul which is related to an Janissary and you should ask me for respect ? I just asked who is your Historian nothing else, but one should be clear actually he is lacking of some intel i would guess, because your Historian just showing here only the one side from some historians

2Shy's Avatar Campidoctor

Researching is a difficult work and I know it from experience. We are talking about things that happened 700 years ago. It's completely normal two people to have different opinions on the same matter.
    I am not defending him just because he is my friend. The roster is made up from almost 20 different units (without the upgrades) and he had to find a lot of reference material for all of them. Not to mention that some of the ideas we the researches have are not compatible with the engine or the moddelers can't make them. If you don't like just one thing I say he must have made a great job! And it's not like his info is wrong. The material on which the unit is based on is from osprey and it's accurate. Of course that doesn't mean you are wrong. This picture is good and can be used to make the unit more diverce (like a body without cloths on top of the mail or the helmet). But that will happen in future versions. But to start raging and saying that his work is bad or/and telling him "historian" is a little bit too much for me. We from Tsardoms always appreciate constructive critisism because no one is perfect and we always try to improve, but please be mindful of the way you are expressing your thoughts, because from the pictures the people are posting to the units we see in game there is canyon of work from a lot of people and I just can't stand when someone make a joke form their hard work.

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

We represented Janissary corps trough several units. The picture you are refering to are howover not Nefer Janissary. Please read with concentration!

Quote Originally Posted by Hrobatos View Post
    We represented Janissary corps trough several units. The picture you are refering to are howover not Nefer Janissary. Please read with concentration!
    It did and my opinion has not changed as i know the language very well - Example Serdengectiler var just a Nickname but you guys just put that Models from another mod to your mod like other modders, but this is still Fantasy !

Quote Originally Posted by 2Shy View Post
    Researching is a difficult work and I know it from experience. We are talking about things that happened 700 years ago. It's completely normal two people to have different opinions on the same matter.
    I am not defending him just because he is my friend. The roster is made up from almost 20 different units (without the upgrades) and he had to find a lot of reference material for all of them. Not to mention that some of the ideas we the researches have are not compatible with the engine or the moddelers can't make them. If you don't like just one thing I say he must have made a great job! And it's not like his info is wrong. The material on which the unit is based on is from osprey and it's accurate. Of course that doesn't mean you are wrong. This picture is good and can be used to make the unit more diverce (like a body without cloths on top of the mail or the helmet). But that will happen in future versions. But to start raging and saying that his work is bad or/and telling him "historian" is a little bit too much for me. We from Tsardoms always appreciate constructive critisism because no one is perfect and we always try to improve, but please be mindful of the way you are expressing your thoughts, because from the pictures the people are posting to the units we see in game there is canyon of work from a lot of people and I just can't stand when someone make a joke form their hard work.
    1+

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Nebaki View Post
    It did and my opinion has not changed as i know the language very well - Example Serdengectiler var just a Nickname but you guys just put that Models from another mod to your mod like other modders, but this is still Fantasy !
    This is completely false! All the models are 100% the work of our modders. We did not use models from any other mod for the Ottoman faction.

If you do not like our models fine, but do not accuse us of using other people's work, this all the work of Phoenix, matthaeus and miszel. If you have issues with this please take it with the site management.

The museum image you posted is exactly like our models but our model use a different weapon. That does not mean it is not historical. I invite you to create a new model as you please.

Also, please see below examples:

He is just a troll. Further trolling mesages shall be deleted.

SerbianWOLF's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Hrobatos View Post
    He is just a troll. Further trolling mesages shall be deleted.
    Don't even know why you listen to this guy.
    No freedom was ever given by any request, nor good speech. Freedom is what you conquer !

We always try to take oppinions of our fans in considerations. Not if its trolling howover.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    This is completely false! All the models are 100% the work of our modders. We did not use models from any other mod for the Ottoman faction.

If you do not like our models fine, but do not accuse us of using other people's work, this all the work of Phoenix, matthaeus and miszel. If you have issues with this please take it with the site management.

The museum image you posted is exactly like our models but our model use a different weapon. That does not mean it is not historical. I invite you to create a new model as you please.

Also, please see below examples:

Are you still showing me an example from an English from an English Historian ? is that a joke ? This fully , even a French Lexikon about Ottomans is more accurate !

If you bothered to actually read that book you could also see that the source is listed. Also as said before our turkish researcher has approved any and all units as historically accurate. The museum image you posted looks exactly the same as our units. So until you post proof that the Ottomans did not use axes it stands.

Also you seem to be very rude so any more rude comments will be removed. Please use common courtesy.

The funny thing is. Museum items you showed are actually in game. I dont even know what you are complaining about. And the illustrations you call "English" and "fantasy" are based on actual items. May be you should visit more museums.

If I understand him, he wants a soldier keeping his shield in the back, while holding the sheath in the left hand while fighting.

great latest additions and beutiful last touchs. it seems they have a little bit colorful dress but the general concept is looking good.

-------------Leader of the AP mod-----------------

We like colorful units xD

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

sorry for the OT,

the others Beys will have some shared units with the OTTOMANS?

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Julio85 View Post
    sorry for the OT,

the others Beys will have some shared units with the OTTOMANS?
    I would actually like to ask something similiar. How will the rosters of Aydin and Karaman look like? I don't expect them to have such a juicy amount of sources as the Ottomans do.

they used anatolian principalities units wich are great but i dont know wich one they used

Quote Originally Posted by LinusLinothorax View Post
    I would actually like to ask something similiar. How will the rosters of Aydin and Karaman look like? I don't expect them to have such a juicy amount of sources as the Ottomans do.
    Yes the sources for Karamanids and Aydinids are extremely limited. Tureuki our Turkish historian has created two unique rosters. We have created new units for them using the Anatolian Principalities units and our own Ottomans. So they are a nice mix between the two. They each have their own flavours with the Aydinids focusing more on lighter marine style units while the Karamanids on heavier units and also more Turkoman and Tatar (given also their proximity to the Ilkhanids historically). They also get a few Arab mercenary units too.