Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [WW1 AAR] The Great War

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Default [WW1 AAR] The Great War

The Great War AAR

An WW1 AAR brought to you by The Great War Modding team.

The year is 1914, tensions between the major powers of Europe are higher than ever. France wanting its territories it had lost in the Franco-Prussian war, Russia wanting to be a protector and peacekeeper for all Slavic people, Germany and its citizens wanting complete domination of Europe. With the assassination of the Archduke of Austria-Hungary at the hands of Serbian terrorists, long time alliances have been invoked, plunging all of Europe into open conflict. The Greatest War that had ever befallen mankind was about to begin.

This AAR will take you in detail to the hell that this war became; we follow 3 men, all of which share different nationalities, different lives, different ideals and different fates.

Creators and Writers

This will not be like any AAR you've seen before, this will not be like any war you've seen before.
    This is, The Great War.

Coming soon.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Default Re: [WW1 AAR] The Great War

Reserved

Dave Strider's Avatar Dux Limitis

I CANNOT WAIT
    when the union's inspiration through the worker's blood shall run,
    there can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun,
    yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one?
    but the union makes us strong.

cpdwane's Avatar Domesticus

Can I just say that, from some research I haveconducted (namely, reading a book) it would appear that all of the factions that fought in the war (on the continent at least)were fighting (at least in theory) to defend their country, rather then to conquer Europe. For example the Germans attempted to invade France because they were worried that if they didn't act first, France, Russia's ally, would attempt to invade them. The French believed that they had to attack the Germans before the Germans attacked them. The Russians, perhaps, were fighting to protect Serbia, but once again they were no doubt worried that Austria and Germany would attack them if hey didn't attack first. The only faction that is an exception to this was Britain- they were fighting to protect belgium and stop any one power on Europe from becoming too powerful.

__________"Ancient History is my Achilles' Heel"___________

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by cpdwane View Post
    Can I just say that, from some research I haveconducted (namely, reading a book) it would appear that all of the factions that fought in the war (on the continent at least)were fighting (at least in theory) to defend their country, rather then to conquer Europe. For example the Germans attempted to invade France because they were worried that if they didn't act first, France, Russia's ally, would attempt to invade them. The French believed that they had to attack the Germans before the Germans attacked them. The Russians, perhaps, were fighting to protect Serbia, but once again they were no doubt worried that Austria and Germany would attack them if hey didn't attack first. The only faction that is an exception to this was Britain- they were fighting to protect belgium and stop any one power on Europe from becoming too powerful.

Feel free to make a 100% historicaly accurate AAR alongside ours. We won't be boring our readers with semantics. No offence.

LuckyLewis's Avatar Loutre
    Content Emeritus

Good luck with this, chaps.
    Muh signature is so out of date all muh pictures died.

Nyxos's Avatar when in doubt, doubt.

actually the French were just waiting for an excuse to take back Alsace-Lorraine and it was also an alliance thing as Mitch said, the Russians going to war to protect Serbia, the Germans going to war to help their allies the Austro-Hungarians France going to war with Germany to help the Russians and get back Alsace-Lorraine an finally the British to help the French and stop the Germans from becoming to powerful (also not entering the war wold have made them seem weak in Europe)
    Patronized by Hader.

Icon4 Re: [WW1 AAR] The Great War

Just one cuestion, what is AAR??????Dont now inglish so good

Nyxos's Avatar when in doubt, doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by theodorsr View Post
    Just one cuestion, what is AAR??????Dont now inglish so good
    After Action Report (you do a story about a battle you fought)
    Patronized by Hader.

Twitch702's Avatar Libertus

If you read other things, like I read a few books/articles about them blaming the Kaiser of Germany for trying to start an all out war. It said in many of these articles that not only was it the Kaiser's wishes, but the wishes of the German people to expand their power. So in essence, Germany was looking for domination of Europe. The Russian Czar even said that he vowed to join the war because they didn't help in the Balkan Wars, and he wanted to make up for that by protecting Serbia.
    Life is what you make of it. Are you going to let your precious moments pass you by, or will you make a true difference in this world we share?

Villainizing Germany, I see, and apparently its citizens too.

The entente had as much blame to carry as the Central Powers did, but I won't go into that. Looking forward to reading this.

Edit: Reading a book blaming the Kaiser and German people? That seems a bit... Biased. The Kaiser wanted to impress Britain into allying with him by remaining aloof just like it.

Read one of the essays on war guilt. My AP European History teacher gave it to us, I can't remember who it was by, though.

Twitch702's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Undeadsteak View Post
    Villainizing Germany, I see, and apparently its citizens too.

The entente had as much blame to carry as the Central Powers did, but I won't go into that. Looking forward to reading this.

Edit: Reading a book blaming the Kaiser and German people? That seems a bit... Biased. The Kaiser wanted to impress Britain into allying with him by remaining aloof just like it.

Read one of the essays on war guilt. My AP European History teacher gave it to us, I can't remember who it was by, though.
    Oh I'm not making Germany out to be a villain, but most history books do. Germany had been imperialistic from the time it unified into Germany, but I do not agree that they were all to blame in WWI, they were just living up to their alliance with Austria-Hungary once Russia mobilized to help Serbia.

Ah, well the Kaiser also wanted to impress the German people, who did want the Reich to become a major world power. It was not Wilhelm's intention of starting a major conflict as he did though.
    Life is what you make of it. Are you going to let your precious moments pass you by, or will you make a true difference in this world we share?

Sightles's Avatar Libertus

'Bout time for a WW1 AAR, best of luck.

Magestryn's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch702 View Post
    If you read other things, like I read a few books/articles about them blaming the Kaiser of Germany for trying to start an all out war. It said in many of these articles that not only was it the Kaiser's wishes, but the wishes of the German people to expand their power. So in essence, Germany was looking for domination of Europe. The Russian Czar even said that he vowed to join the war because they didn't help in the Balkan Wars, and he wanted to make up for that by protecting Serbia.
    This isnt directed at you Twitch..

Its always a good idea to read more then one or two books... its more like a dozen or two. You cannot ascertain the reasons and why fors because of one particular book. The great powers basically declared war like it was an after school fight. Austria goes after Serbia, Russia then after Austria, Germany after Russia and then France ( because of Alsace-Lorraine.) Britain because well... I think they just rolled the dice and ended up on the winning side. At the end, it was the French who were rather bitter about the whole thing. Georges Clemenceau. He was one of the most intense negotiators after the war, and he was wanting to totally destroy Germany. No colonies, No King, No military, he didnt even want them to trade on the stock market... yeah he had issues.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Magestryn View Post
    This isnt directed at you Twitch..

Its always a good idea to read more then one or two books... its more like a dozen or two. You cannot ascertain the reasons and why fors because of one particular book. The great powers basically declared war like it was an after school fight. Austria goes after Serbia, Russia then after Austria, Germany after Russia and then France ( because of Alsace-Lorraine.) Britain because well... I think they just rolled the dice and ended up on the winning side. At the end, it was the French who were rather bitter about the whole thing. Georges Clemenceau. He was one of the most intense negotiators after the war, and he was wanting to totally destroy Germany. No colonies, No King, No military, he didnt even want them to trade on the stock market... yeah he had issues.
    Before everyone gets the waaaay wrong idea of what this AAR is..

IT IS NOT AN ACCOUNT OF HISTORICAL EVENTS TO THE LETTER!

Seriously if people wanted that, go read a book.

This is going to be entertaining, not boring, tedious and full of useless facts of semantics.

This IS NOT THE MOD thread, we are not here to strive for historical accuracys. Now please stop!! There hasn't even been a post and your all complaining we don't know what WW1 is..

The sad thing is that it's all the people from the mod thread too, not the people who are actualy looking for a good AAR.

Temuzu's Avatar Tiro

This should get us a bloody sub-forum!

Good luck with this, if any help is needed, I guess the Great War community would be more than happy to help!
    Last edited by Temuzu; June 07, 2010 at 09:44 AM.

So when when are you going to start?
    "I saw on the stage a woman, dressed in her maid's clothes, hearing her husband speak the tenderest words to her he had in years because he thought she was someone else. And then her voice, a soaring forgivnesss, we were all forgiven."
    -- Salieri, Amadeus
    so i tested your mod. nothing great. just give up.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

We've had some major problems with one of our writers PC, but its all sorted now, we should begin soon.

Good to know.
    "I saw on the stage a woman, dressed in her maid's clothes, hearing her husband speak the tenderest words to her he had in years because he thought she was someone else. And then her voice, a soaring forgivnesss, we were all forgiven."
    -- Salieri, Amadeus
    so i tested your mod. nothing great. just give up.

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Mitch, Your humble servant♔ View Post
    We've had some major problems with one of our writers PC, but its all sorted now, we should begin soon.
    Listen, we are all expecting something AT LEAST as good as Liberation so you better not let us down

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast