Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FAQ - Problems running NTF

Default Re: FAQ - Problems running NTF

Yep your mod as spain. I tried that fix using the quad memory map thing from a E:TW saved game ( I don't have any saved games from N:TW i never played it single player so nothing conquered) It didn't work though. I thought that your mod copied over the esf files on start up then copied em back after so how would editing the esf help? wouldn't it be easier to have the mod copy over the proper startpos so that all the line of site was already working? Or is that not possible because it could interfere with other mods? This just keeps reminding me why i stopped playing ETW/NTW lol . Even when we get stuff to work its not that fun. You know any good mods that properly rebalance units so you can't roll 20 unit artillery armies and decimate?

CK23's Avatar Campidoctor

It's sad that I have to post here; I was truly enjoying my campaign.

I have three separate saves of my Polish campaign and all three cause a crash, I'm using the latest version of NTF. I merely get a quarter of the bar to load, then a black screen and a crash notice.

I've tried every which way possible.

Check if it is because of the elections bug. Open your save with EsfEditor, go in [...]\CMAPAOGN_ENV\CAMPAIGN_MODEL\WORLD\FACTION_ARRAY\FACTION. First one should be Poland. Now go further in [...]\FACTION\GOVERNMENT\GOV_IMP\GOV_IMP\GOVERNMENT and check the third lone. If it is 1 replace with a bigger number, e.g. 30. Save file and try again.

CK23's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    Check if it is because of the elections bug. Open your save with EsfEditor, go in [...]\CMAPAOGN_ENV\CAMPAIGN_MODEL\WORLD\FACTION_ARRAY\FACTION. First one should be Poland. Now go further in [...]\FACTION\GOVERNMENT\GOV_IMP\GOV_IMP\GOVERNMENT and check the third lone. If it is 1 replace with a bigger number, e.g. 30. Save file and try again.
    For all 3 of my saves they were 110, 120, and one was 2 and I edited that and it still crashed on all three of them.

Icon4 Re: FAQ - Problems running NTF

Hi husserl, I have a problem: when I start NTF all is ok but after the correct close of NTF interface the file user.script.txt is empty! could be a winXp bug?

I have attached 3 screencap for more explanation

tnx 4 help!

SaT.
    Last edited by SaTURnO; March 26, 2011 at 05:55 AM.

Hmm... It should not.. But in second image I see the mod command 2 times and that is a mistake. Do these: Keep a backup of your user script (if it is not blank) and delete it, with the folder NTF in scripts folder. Then go in ...\napoleon total war\data_NTF\User and run make_script.exe. A new NTF folder and blank user script wil be created. Copy back the entries of your mods and give it a try.

Icon9 Re: FAQ - Problems running NTF

Hmm... It should not.. But in second image I see the mod command 2 times and that is a mistake. Do these: Keep a backup of your user script (if it is not blank) and delete it, with the folder NTF in scripts folder. Then go in ...\napoleon total war\data_NTF\User and run make_script.exe. A new NTF folder and blank user script wil be created. Copy back the entries of your mods and give it a try.
    Hi husserl,
    tnx for help but the forder NTF in script do not exist and also the folder user in ...\napoleon total war\data_NTF do not exit..... what is the problem??
    Savoiaaaaaaa!

Reinstall mod.

Reinstall mod.
    I have reinstalled the mod 3 times but do not occur variations.....
    Savoiaaaaaaa!

husserl I have open with 7zip the file NTF3_4.exe and the file "make_script.exe" was missing....
    Savoiaaaaaaa!

Edit: Nvm, I'm kinda dumb.

As an aside it might be a good idea to go back to your old thread about 2.0 version and delete the original post and replace it with links here, as the old thread was what Google pointed me too and, having not checked the last page right away, we tried installed 2.0 as there was no obvious indication it was an old outdated version...
    Last edited by Doedel; April 02, 2011 at 05:52 AM.

hello i have a problem , ive have had this mod before but when im asked to " Add the line: mod "NTF.pack"; " ive done this but the same thing ust come up agin ? maybe im am im doing it wrong ? can you give a correct example off what it should stand in the user.script . well ty any way and awesome mod btw

i changed it , it stood before (directly when i started the game/mod ):mod "NTF.pack"; and now i have changed it to :mod NTF.pack; . but it still wants me to add the line agin . ive also tried to see if the way through steam works (vanilla) , the game it self works perfectly , but it havent changed a bit :/ maybe ive not installed it right sry for being such a pain in the *ss , but ive would relly like to try to play the scottish faction :/

Both types, with and without "", are correct. The "" are useful when there are spaces (empty characters) in the name of the pack. The problem that cannot find the Napoleon.exe means probably that you have installed the mod in wrong place. Check if there is ...\Steam\...\napoloen total war\data_NTF folder. If not then unistall and install again the mod. Uninstall lin you will find in Start, Programs, Napoleon Total Factions. When you install mod make sure that you install it in ...\Steam\...\napoloen total war\ directory.

thank you husserlTW it works perfectly now +rep

I installed, re-installed, and restarted but when the launcher comes up and I select "SP All Playable" it gives me an error that says "The following file does not exist:AutoPlay\\Docs\\1.exe". It works for SP All Emergent but not All Playable and nothing happens when I click single player on the Peninsular campaign.

Also, when I exit the launcher it says "Windows cannot find disable_script.exe"

Third, my vanilla sound stopped working where do I find user.script.txt?

Thanks.

Your anti virus has deleted some of the mod's files (see here for more) thinking wrong that they are Trojans. You have to remove mod commands from user script since the file that should automatically do that is deleted. For that use this: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=434980

Laetus

Hey i installed (also tried uninstalling and reinstalling) napoleon total factions but everytime i start it it says it cant find napoleon.exe so i cant play and idk if this is cause of the mod but the game closes by itself everytime i try to do the battle im on in the game now. D: everytime im near victory something magicly closes it also i have some problems with the sound and i removed the mod command in user script but it still does it. The battle im trying to do is a french vs prussia one in the global capmpaign, was able to be french cause i downloaded the old NTF before and somehow got it to work but then got rid of it lol. Still had the save game so thats what im loading to try to continue my campaign tho as i said it closes by itself magicly and theres some sound problems and the 3.4 NTF keeps saying it cant find napoleon.exe

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast