View Poll Results: What will the next game in the Total War series be?

Voters
755. You may not vote on this poll
  • Early Ancient Setting

20 2.65%
  • Greece Total War

32 4.24%
  • Rome 2 Total War

464 61.46%
  • Fall of Rome\Dark Ages

23 3.05%
  • Medieval 3 Total War

32 4.24%
  • Exploration\Renaisance Total War

24 3.18%
  • Empire 2 Total War

4 0.53%
  • 19th Century/Victorian Total War

32 4.24%
  • World War 1 Total War

35 4.64%
  • Warring States (China) Total War

52 6.89%
  • Fantasy Total War

19 2.52%
  • Multi-Era Total War

18 2.38%
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: What is next for the Total War series?

Ayleid's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: What is next for the Total War series?

It should be RII:TW or some hellenistic oriented game. It would be nice if they did! Besides, it only seems natural for them to use all they have learned in their previous games in order to make RII:TW as good as possible.

Kuhndog's Avatar Centurion

R2TW. It should be anyways.
    Veni, vidi, vici (I came, I saw, I conquered) - Julius Caesar

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Rome II of course !

CA will have close looks at RS II and EB II for that i guess

yet another let down

Always hoping for a 3 Kingdoms game, why it hasn't been done yet i do not know.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Magefsx's Avatar Campidoctor

I have to say though- A WORLD WIDE Medieval 3 TW would be pretty.... decent

It wouldn't surprise me if the Rome II was the Evolution to Shogun's Revolution. Melee-centric engine certainly seems to indicate.

The whole bit about family politics would make civil wars in Rome so much more fun.

Well I think the next game will be Rome2

But I would love a game setted in Late Antiquity or the Dark Ages. There would be so many possibilities.

GTFO. Jamie's Avatar Decanus

i doubt they will follow remake with another remake.

Shogun 2 and then Rome 2 wont quite seem right (As good as it would be). I think they will slip another 'new TW' in the middle before the release of rome 2. Perhaps not a full new release, but something like a standalone expansion etc..

Would be interesting to see a new era.
    But I doubt it. We had Romans, Knights, Samurais and Colonial Wars. All eras that the casual player might find cool.
    Sure there are many interesting factions, cultures, wars and history for enough other scenarios. Just take a look on the mods, but they might seem too unknown to make them playable in CA´s opinion.
    Last edited by Xerrop; June 04, 2010 at 11:00 AM.

Ayleid's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by GTFO. Jamie View Post
    i doubt they will follow remake with another remake.

Shogun 2 and then Rome 2 wont quite seem right (As good as it would be). I think they will slip another 'new TW' in the middle before the release of rome 2. Perhaps not a full new release, but something like a standalone expansion etc..

As much as I want to disagree, I think he's right. How would they look if they were seen to be revisiting Rome after Shogun? The CA would look as if they had run out of ideas, investment would go down. No, I think we will possibly see a different title around the Greek city states. Though, this would be better done as an expansion to a new R2:TW, could we be looking at a completely new title after S2:TW and before R2:TW?

Quote Originally Posted by Ayleid View Post
    As much as I want to disagree, I think he's right. How would they look if they were seen to be revisiting Rome after Shogun? The CA would look as if they had run out of ideas, investment would go down. No, I think we will possibly see a different title around the Greek city states. Though, this would be better done as an expansion to a new R2:TW, could we be looking at a completely new title after S2:TW and before R2:TW?
    I understand where you're coming from, but investors might not have that reaction because it is simply CA following what the, at least now anyway, huge fan opinion is.

They'd just be giving the customers what they want
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

ROFL Copter's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Ayleid View Post
    Something like just the city states would be far too small and the units would be far too similar for every faction for CA to actually make it. But something like the Sumerians, Egyptians, Babylonians, Persia, and Greece thrown together into a game where it evolves with the times would be very interesting.

The problem now with the greater emphasis placed on seasons is that 2 turns a year won't be enough, and this would mean that there would be too many turns in a game that spans over more than one era.
    They could perhaps include a few different campaigns, starting and ending in different time periods people may say, but this would create a huge amount of work and extra effort for the devs...
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

Evan MF's Avatar Vicarius

I think they will be building RTW2 on the same engine as STW2 like they did with ETW and NTW.

Evan

Quote Originally Posted by Evan MF View Post
    I think they will be building RTW2 on the same engine as STW2 like they did with ETW and NTW.

Evan
    yes that's what I tought either.

Evan MF's Avatar Vicarius

It would make sense because they'd need a lot more work to develop the engine to work for gunpowder and modern warfare, so that leaves it at either Medieval 3, Rome 2... or a pre-Rome Total war...

Evan

ROFL Copter's Avatar Vicarius

I dont think CA will go back to gunpowder for some time.

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

Asia total war

GoodSmurfin's Avatar Semisalis

Im positive they will make a Rome 2 TW after shogun but I would like to see WW1 total war.