Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What CA has to make to do a good shogun 2 total war!

Default What CA has to make to do a good shogun 2 total war!

Now that I am convinced that it will be shogun 2, I think that CA has to work particulary for this new opus:

-on battlemaps (number and quality)
    -accurate uniforms and weapons
    -a lot of different units
    -on bows: more visuable arrows and arrows remain in dead bodies!
    -all the animation with piques or lances, lances or piques crossing the bodies
    -buildable defenses in campaign but also in custom battles
    -cities with all the houses available to units.

Default Re: What CA has to make to do a good shogun 2 total war!

what about wounded soldiers on the battlefield, would be awesome right?
    perhaps a action to slaugther them out of misery

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by hardcore knight View Post
    what about wounded soldiers on the battlefield, would be awesome right?
    perhaps a action to slaugther them out of misery
    No, Samurai used Sepuku (ritual suicide) when being defeated or deadly injured.
    Although this way you would lose your army after a loss, so I guess CA wont implement that. Or also make units available of normal infantry (no samurai, which also happened in Japan). This way you would not lose your entire army.

What I would like to see are some coastal battles. Battles with large Japanese fortresses.
    The option to request help from the Portugeze (who were present in Japan untill the arrival of the Dutch).
    Japan did not really had a fleet. Their ships constisted of coastal galleys. If you could lay your hands on some portugeze caravels this would greatly improve your chances of winning.

Prince of Darkness's Avatar Campidoctor

What about other non-samurai units such as ashigaru (peasants) and warrior monks? And Mongol, Korean, and Chinese units should be all accurate (or at least not with some weird purple uniforms).
    Add ninja as the spy agent, and give us non-stuttering movies of assasination!!

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

YES! Assassination movies! We need that for ninjas!

And please no fantasy units. No Kensai, Battlefield Ninjas bla bla bla...

AND HEROES!! Miyamoto Musashi, Sasaki Kojiro, Yamagata Masakage, Ishida Mitsunari, Baba Nobuharu, Akechi Mitsuhide... Apart from all of the daimyos and their heirs.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

Yes the movies should return! That's one of the best things in the TW genre. Aside from the campaign and RTS battles of course but those movies were splendid!

Prisoners? Anyone?

Like in Med 1/2 but better

How about better sieges, navigable rivers which can be used only by specific ships, and the ability to destroy the bridges in the campign map and deny your enemy an easy access?
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

Zipzopdippidybopbop's Avatar Barred from the Local

How about better battlefields (particularly when fighting in campaign)? The red square which depicts the battlemap is shite in ETW and NTW, it has to be fixed up!

This includes more varied battlemaps, more vegetation and hillsides (Japan is a mountainous land) and coastal battles.

Cities should be accurately shown, with huge amounts of buildings and castles should also be given an overhaul.

Finally on another note CA need to fix pathfinding issues in seiges and battlefields. Its a bloody state like ¬_¬

Indefinitely Banned

1. Get rid about this idea and make something good instead.

RO Citizen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

1)Bring back family trees, prisoniers, guilds
    2)all buildings should be garrisonable
    3)put Korea, Taiwan and Manchuria on the map, too. and the Portuguese&Dutch traders.
    4)more detailed building tree
    5)no fantasy crappy units. Let the mods take care of that, if they want.
    6)modding tools, ofc
    7)possibility to loot a town without holding it (just take the money, kill and let it to the rebels)
    8)Put the Silly Useless Guys to make Harakiri!
    9)gov types, like in EB, and better diplomacy
    [Col] RO Citizen

Korea, Taiwan and Manchuria? They only invaded Korea, and it was a complete fiasco, so including anything else apart from Japan doesn't make much sense.

There's one government type - feudalism.

I WANT DETAILED CASTLES!!!

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

RO Citizen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Leandros I View Post
    Korea, Taiwan and Manchuria? They only invaded Korea, and it was a complete fiasco, so including anything else apart from Japan doesn't make much sense.

There's one government type - feudalism.

I WANT DETAILED CASTLES!!!
    But you could play as Korea or Mongols/Manchurians (Qing), too.

In EB, the gov types were different from region to region: homeland, province, vassal, distant protectorate
    [Col] RO Citizen

LegionnaireX's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The major thing they must do is get a handle on pathfinding issues relating to seiges. CA must make seiges fun, unique, and exciting rather than boring, monotonous, and a pain in the ass. New seige works, defensive structures and overall battlefield destructability is a must.

I'd also like more soliders per unit. I've been waiting for more realistic battle sizes since RTW.

magpie's Avatar Artifex

But if there are more units I will not be able to play the game on my 1970's computer

sponsered by the noble Prisca

Oh boy,

Fix:

Cavalry path finding, issue since the beginnning.
    Sieges, the entire concept and every detail, start again, though I recall Med I being okay.
    Re enforcements, system is completely BROKEN; two french armies versus a British and Russian, oh sorry just one French army against two... If nothing else bring back the AI commanding one army like in RTW, AI + Human v AI + AI, probably more fair then Human v AI.

Suicidal Generals, this is no longer amusing CA , every Total War the same issue? Really?

How about just a smidgen of effort in regards to designing the big capital cities? A ten building London is just bloody slack.

The transition from Campaign map to battle map. No I do not like having to attack when I'm being "intercepted" nor do I appreciate being on defense during a siege and starting with the French sitting inside my bloody city. Nor do I appreciate when I am in the city having the deployment zone half in half out and completely useless. Nor do I appreciate the complete breakdown in the strategic - tactical transition.

Diplomacy, good effort has been made here so far, but again just unfinished and in strange ways; Make war option and make protectorate but without a make peace option or any say over your protectorates.

Bring Back

Prisoners and ransom
    Family trees, the government system as is is pointless and boring.
    Functioning character development and the in depth vices and virtues that were accurately based on battlefield or management performance.
    Varied and interesting battle terrain.

Move forward?

Isn't it time for an actual advancement on the other installments of TW? I appreciate decentralization of regions and the slight improvement of supply system, but is that about it in so far as differences between the start and end of the series? I sit here and am not even sure the series is going forward, so many great features have been lost and hardly any improvements made while the same damn bugs and inadequacies go on untouched game to game. For god's sake how is it that two bit modders (no offense I mean in relation to CA's resources) can churn out a decent CAI and BAI, while CA's seems to be going backwards?!?!

NightEye's Avatar Ordinarius

I'm pretty sure a lot of you aren't going to be happy reading about the hero units in this but: http://pc.ign.com/articles/109/1093664p1.html

Here's a link to Sega's site: http://www.sega.co.uk/games/shogun-2-total-war/
    Last edited by NightEye; June 02, 2010 at 04:29 PM.

Emperor BLUBBS VII's Avatar Decanus

From what I have read about Shogun II Total War, it will not be a global war like Empire. Featuring virtually ONLY Japan and its clans... I AM VERY, VERY, VERY!!! Dissapointed to here this news, I would rather CA advance in time periods, now after hearing this heart breaking, spine chilling, bone crushing news...
    Last edited by Emperor BLUBBS VII; June 02, 2010 at 05:53 PM.
    Advance to Contact. Duffer Mod.

I'm extremely happy about the result...

Moved
    Last edited by Úlfhéðinn; June 03, 2010 at 02:48 AM. Reason: Moved

Historian - all things Viking Son of absinthia

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast