Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: -- Before posting: How to fix stability, Vista, Win 7 issues (incl. fatal graphics errors) and broken savegames --

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default Re: -- Before posting: How to fix stability, Vista, Win 7 issues (incl. fatal graphics errors) and broken savegames --

@ jjjarett please open a new thread for your problem so it is easier to keep track of your issue and help solve your problem. In doing so, please give us as many details as possible about the errors you are experiencing and about your game and system, such as are you using Windows 7 or Vista? Are you running Steam version, retail disc or some other version?

Default Re: -- Before posting: How to fix stability, Vista, Win 7 issues (incl. fatal graphics errors) and broken savegames --

So I purchased M2tW and the kingdoms expac via steam and I downloaded and installed the TATW mod (all the parts of course) I'm and running into some strange issues.
    -I have UAC turned off
    -I installed the mod properly (via installing the mod to the desktop and then moving into the M2TW mods folder changing the name etc. etc.)
    But when I try playing the mod the game loads the for a bit and then crashes.
    I've tried using the steam mod launcher (didn't work)
    I've tried using the kingdoms launcher app...that also didn't work. I tried repairing the M2TW installs on steam but of course that didn't fix anything either. Also after I close the game and steam the games theme music keeps playing and I'm unable to close steam completely because it thinks the game is still running. I'm not sure if this issue is related to mod not working but I'm beginning to think it is. Also I'm not sure the game is updated properly on steam. Under the option tab in the games main menu its says its on patch 1.03, which is strange because I bought the game about a week ago and it should be up to date. Anyway I've been bashing my head against the brick wall that is this issue and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcrusty117 View Post
    So I purchased M2tW and the kingdoms expac via steam and I downloaded and installed the TATW mod (all the parts of course) I'm and running into some strange issues.
    -I have UAC turned off
    -I installed the mod properly (via installing the mod to the desktop and then moving into the M2TW mods folder changing the name etc. etc.)
    But when I try playing the mod the game loads the for a bit and then crashes.
    I've tried using the steam mod launcher (didn't work)
    I've tried using the kingdoms launcher app...that also didn't work. I tried repairing the M2TW installs on steam but of course that didn't fix anything either. Also after I close the game and steam the games theme music keeps playing and I'm unable to close steam completely because it thinks the game is still running. I'm not sure if this issue is related to mod not working but I'm beginning to think it is. Also I'm not sure the game is updated properly on steam. Under the option tab in the games main menu its says its on patch 1.03, which is strange because I bought the game about a week ago and it should be up to date. Anyway I've been bashing my head against the brick wall that is this issue and any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Hi there and welcome to TWC Forums!

Well, this game is meant to be played with Kingdoms patched to 1.4, better to 1.5 ( 1.05), so if you can get steam to update it, that would work. I don`t have steam so don`t know how the updating goes through steam.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

When I play a battle in campaign the game crashes and a message comes up that says Medieval 2 total war has encountered an error and will now close, if anyone could help me please I would really appreciate it this is after installing moss PLEASE HELP !

Hi there and welcome to TWC Forums!

Delete two descr_geography_new files ( .db and .txt ) found in M2TW/ mods/ Third_Age_3/ data folder.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Icon4 Re: -- Before posting: How to fix stability, Vista, Win 7 issues (incl. fatal graphics errors) and broken savegames --

Hi guys and first of all i have to apologise for my bad english.

I'm having very big problems with this beautifull mod. As you can imagine i have the same () unspecified error that makes my TATW crash every time i try to play a real time battle. As written in the previous answer i delete the two descr files and, for the first time, the battle become! But, , soon after, the error switches off my hopes. Again.

Please help my! I have always dream to drive the reunion of Arnor kingdom!

A great thank to all of you that will help me.

Astarac

Quote Originally Posted by Astarac View Post
    Hi guys and first of all i have to apologise for my bad english.

I'm having very big problems with this beautifull mod. As you can imagine i have the same () unspecified error that makes my TATW crash every time i try to play a real time battle. As written in the previous answer i delete the two descr files and, for the first time, the battle become! But, , soon after, the error switches off my hopes. Again.

Please help my! I have always dream to drive the reunion of Arnor kingdom!

A great thank to all of you that will help me.

Astarac
    Hi there and welcome to TWC forums!
    The battle which crashed again, were there ANY reinforcements on either side?

Hi Elvenkind,

no there wasn't any reinforcement on the field! Thanks!

Another info: this time it CTDs immediatly after I clicked on a Character (Gandalf in this case)....

Answer these few questions:
    1. What Windows do you have?

2. Is your M2TW steam or non steam version?

3. Do your M2TW and Kingdoms work?

4. You have installed ALL four TATW parts ( 3.0 part 1. 3.0 part 2, 3.1 PATCH and 3.2 PATCH) ?

5. What are your system specs( CPU, RAM, GPU)?

Here you are the infos that i forgot to give you:

1) my o.s. Is Vista service pack2 -i think 32 b version- home edition
    2) I'm not sure what kind of version i have. What i have to do in order to determinate it?
    3) yes it works properly before installation of TATW. Since that i really don't test the game.
    4) yes all files.E.g. 3.0 1&2 3.1 3.2. It seems to me that before the mod's installation my game's version was 1.4 .

5) i need to be at home for i don't remember. What i can say Is That TAtW 2.0 always worked without any problems
    Thank you

Have you bought your M2TW online from Steam, or they are CD/DVD version?

And before installing TATW 3.2 version, you need to uninstall your old TATW 2.0 version. And since you have VISTA, you have to disable UAC ( User Account Control) before installing TATW.
    In my signature there is a link to TATW TECH GUIDE by StealthFox, go there for more info.

Ok i'll read that thread! Hope i'll fix that damn bug!

Thank you for you assistance, you have been very kind

Usually mod works fine, after i installed patch 1.05, turn off uac, run game as admin etc. But there is one battle (campaign) which crahes game. This battle is located in mountains, near Moria, i attack 2 groups of orcs. I red somewhere that can be coused beacouse of reinforcements, but i already played one battle in which i had reinforcments and it didnt crash. I think that it may be coused by this map.rwm and texture bin files, which sould be deleted, but they come back each time i start game and i dont know how to delete them pernamently.

Ok, I installed TATW with patches but I've been having lots of problems with custom and campaign battles. The battles used to go black and say "Third age total war has encountered an unspecified error and will now exit. So I changed the day light savings thing like I was told to do. But now it just doesn't respond while loading the battle. I've deleted maps. rwm already and have no idea what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mix0l0gist View Post
    Usually mod works fine, after i installed patch 1.05, turn off uac, run game as admin etc. But there is one battle (campaign) which crahes game. This battle is located in mountains, near Moria, i attack 2 groups of orcs. I red somewhere that can be coused beacouse of reinforcements, but i already played one battle in which i had reinforcments and it didnt crash. I think that it may be coused by this map.rwm and texture bin files, which sould be deleted, but they come back each time i start game and i dont know how to delete them pernamently.
    They regenerate every time when you start a game, so there is no pernament solution. Every game has some of these CTDs, if it really bugs you, you can use auto_win cheat for that battle, more info here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal of Carthage View Post
    Ok, I installed TATW with patches but I've been having lots of problems with custom and campaign battles. The battles used to go black and say "Third age total war has encountered an unspecified error and will now exit. So I changed the day light savings thing like I was told to do. But now it just doesn't respond while loading the battle. I've deleted maps. rwm already and have no idea what to do.
    What do you mean, you can`t even start battles or they don`t even load?

1.Is it a custom battle, or campaign battle? If it is campaign battle, are you in some town or open field?
    2.What are your system specs? CPU, GPU, RAM?
    3.What Windows do you have?
    4.Is your M2TW steam or non steam version?
    5.Where is your M2TW installed? Give us the exact installation path.

At first it said unspecified error, then once I changed the day light savings thing it wouldn't even load, it would play the battle music but not load completely. Campaign battles don't load at all either. I have windows 7 and it is in the mods folder for mtw2. Oh and I have mtw2 kingdoms on disc. Are there any special graphics required to play this game, I only have the standard and this could be the issue

Does it crash again, or you just have to wait for it for a very long time to even enter battle screen?
    And, this is a very demanding game, if your CPU ( processor) is weaker, and your GPU ( graphics card) is weak too, then it could affect performance.
    What are your system specifications, your processor, graphics card, and what amount of RAM you have?

Ah, so you do need a graphics card. That's my problem, don't have one. Well thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal of Carthage View Post
    Ah, so you do need a graphics card. That's my problem, don't have one. Well thanks for the help
    Laptop I presume? Bummer.