Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: V1-V3 Royaume de Meravangi (aka Bons Chevaliers) Fan Thread

Rilsaur's Avatar Tiro

Default V1-V3 Royaume de Meravangi (aka Bons Chevaliers) Fan Thread

I looked back in the forums and I didn't see one of these sooo......They deserve a fan thread too! I really like this faction so far. There's just something about the arrogant nobility trampling all who oppose them under their hooves, crushing the rebellious Medici & Vexille dogs!
    O merciful God, I have such need of Your mercy now. Not for myself, but for my knights, for this is truly their hour of need. Deliver them from their trials ahead and I will pay You a thousand fold with any sacrifice You ask of me. And if in Your wisdom, You should determine that sacrifice must be my life for theirs; so that they can once again taste the freedom that is so long been denied to them, I will gladly make that covenant. My death will have a purpose. I ask no more than that.

Orian1020's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: Bons Chevaliers Fan Thread

Yea I know what you mean. This faction is always fun to play as. There is something awesome about marevangi lancers charging at the faustian line infantry...

Rilsaur's Avatar Tiro

Only thing I wish was that Europa had a bit more room for the three factions that are on it
    O merciful God, I have such need of Your mercy now. Not for myself, but for my knights, for this is truly their hour of need. Deliver them from their trials ahead and I will pay You a thousand fold with any sacrifice You ask of me. And if in Your wisdom, You should determine that sacrifice must be my life for theirs; so that they can once again taste the freedom that is so long been denied to them, I will gladly make that covenant. My death will have a purpose. I ask no more than that.

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

i think europa size is just about right, and of course you can always expand in avalon and thetra, in my current Chevaliers Campaign i have all of southern europa, avalon and most of southern thetra.

Daraunon's Avatar Senator

The BC sure have a certain feeling to them,makes you understand why warfare revolved around cavalry in the good old times
    I too find Europa could use some more regions,but I think we reached the cap or something...but sure it's strange when you think about how BIG Ibellica is,for example...not to mention that from Mesocala to the Valhalla controlled tip of Lenapa it's a HUGE landmass altogether

Well that's the way it is anyway,it just makes every settlement more important I suppose

Rilsaur's Avatar Tiro

Gah I would enjoy this faction even more if it thegame didn't crash every time I fight a battle!

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Quote Originally Posted by Rilsaur View Post
    Gah I would enjoy this faction even more if it thegame didn't crash every time I fight a battle!
    No one has reported any crashes using them, do you have an error log ?

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Rilsaur's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstONeill View Post
    No one has reported any crashes using them, do you have an error log ?
    Nothing, it just goes to a black screen & ctd's after it seemingly finishes loading the battle map.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilsaur View Post
    Nothing, it just goes to a black screen & ctd's after it seemingly finishes loading the battle map.
    go to your medieval folder and look for a "logs" folder, in there there will be a text file named thera sistem log, make your game ctd and then upload that log file here.

Rilsaur's Avatar Tiro

alright....Did as instructed
    But it doesn't seem to be uploading

Just cut and paste the last twenty or so lines from it, and post them here

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone

Rilsaur's Avatar Tiro

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    18:43:48.593 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/PreBattleCameras.xml,,not found
    18:43:48.593 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/localized.pack,data/PreBattleCameras.xml,,not found
    18:43:48.593 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_1.pack,data/PreBattleCameras.xml,3953
    18:43:48.593 [system.io] [info] open: found data/PreBattleCameras.xml (from: packs/data_1.pack)
    18:43:48.593 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/prebattlecameras.xml,,,-3953
    18:43:48.593 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/theraV3/data/cameras
    18:43:48.609 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/cameras/Battlefield_Pan_Right.cam,,not found
    18:43:48.609 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/cameras/Battlefield_Pan_Right.cam,14345
    18:43:48.609 [system.io] [info] open: found data/cameras/Battlefield_Pan_Right.cam (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    18:43:48.625 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/cameras/battlefield_pan_right.cam,,,-14345
    18:43:49.234 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Skimming over that, though i don't know what it fully means, i'm guessing it contains the problem

Humakty's Avatar Tiro

Huzzah ! A thread for the Bons Chevaliers ! Here we can debate of the relative merits of the sword and lance to squash peasant revolts !
    Ten times more numerous, by night and backstabbing.

Senior member of the G.L.I.N..

Rilsaur's Avatar Tiro

Haha yes certainly, as soon as I can get my BC campaign running properly!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

If your log is too big, simply compress it. Then switch over to 'Go Advanced' when composing a message. There you will find a section to manage attachments, with a list of valid file extensions.

Alternatively, look for entries (Ctrl+F) that contain [error] in them. They usually consist of two lines: the error one and an explanation line.

Humakty's Avatar Tiro

I had probems using Huge size for units. I think this mod is better played on normal size, at least it solved some crash problems during battles/ annoying siege bugs, for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Humakty View Post
    I had probems using Huge size for units. I think this mod is better played on normal size, at least it solved some crash problems during battles/ annoying siege bugs, for me.
    i play it on large and never had a problem.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

It is all a matter of the graphic capabilities of your machine. "Huge" settings can work if your turn down the other "eye candy".

Humakty's Avatar Tiro

I don't want to give up any eyecandy, I love making war to Romuli for this very reason ! I had a crash bug with two Romuli stacks against one of mine, but it's the only one I've had on Huge.

The siege thing i noticed is units on huge size tend to get stuck in cities. I won a battle against an ennemy whoms 30 units were stuck in walls (and trying to move through Lovecraftian dimensions), just by moving a Ururk bodyguard through their formations. More than a 1000 ennemies killed by this single unit.

I always play on medium unit sizes, and all the testing is also done on these settings

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast