Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kingdoms: making an UI

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kingdoms: making an UI

Theoretically it should simply stay, eg when buildings 13-24 are in view the 'down' button should remain. Alternatively get the mt2w.lnt file from a mod that has it and compare it (Notepad++ has a function for that) with a kingdoms LNT file.

Titus le Chmakus's Avatar Biarchus
    Skiing on the Spine of the World or hunting in Lurkwood

Do you know a mod that has this feature by any chance ?

Blog Entries

Nope. Why don't you simply set up a settlement in descr_strat with 25 buildings to see what happens?

Edit: just remembered - the LNT file only governs the placement of menu items, not in-game placement of elements.
    Last edited by Gigantus; April 12, 2018 at 03:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Nope. Why don't you simply set up a settlement in descr_strat with 25 buildings to see what happens?
    Lol, most of my settlements have 25+ buildings ! They simply not appear as the game only has 2 windows/compartments. The arrow to scroll down can be hit only once and is an arrow up in the other window/compartment. There cannot be one for up and one for down in this second window/compartment ...
    So these buildings are present ingame but cannot be displayed (it is based on the order in EDB). They only appear in the settlements buildings browser.

So if there is a way to add more windows/compartments ?

Blog Entries

I doubt there is a solution to this other then to limit the number of possible buildings in a settlement - the in-game UI is hard coded, only the menu\options UI can be modded.

I do however have never tried to use reduced tga sizes, eg to see if you could fit seven buildings in one row. Word of caution if you want to test: all the building pics in the bottom center UI have to have the same size else the game crashes, same principle as with unit pics.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    If you have a mod where it is possible to build more than 24 buildings, where would the second, bottom placed arrow go on the strat page to allow for a third drop down constructed building window? I have seen this feature before in other mods but for the life of me I can't remember which or I would refer to that. I will try and upload a few pics whenever the forum will so allow.
    It is this post that says it exists ... I'm just refering to it, I have never seen it myself ... And if it is not possible, then no worries, the game works fine with +25 buildings in a settlement ... Just that it could be nice to be able to scroll down a third window ...

Blog Entries

Haven't seen a fixed 'instance' myself. Actually unlikely because of hard coded elements for the in-game UI.

Does anyone have the tutorial images that used to be part of the original post?

Blog Entries

Don't think so, the links (I added the 's' in https) seem to be dead, looks like tinypic went the same way as photobucket, eg going 'paid only' and blocking content:

https://i39.tinypic.com/16734f5.jpg

https://i43.tinypic.com/i1jpfc.jpg
    https://i42.tinypic.com/f4l40h.jpg

https://i39.tinypic.com/2m7x4rm.jpg
    https://i48.tinypic.com/v60mio.jpg

https://i46.tinypic.com/bcrxz.jpg

Any particular thing you are looking for\want to implement?
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 24, 2024 at 02:03 PM.

I am actually looking for the entries in the LNT file to adjust the height of the circled text areas in the image below and have no idea what they are named. I was hoping to get a clue from the tutorial pictures which had the various names of the ui parts listed. And sadly the pics are gone, I thought I had downloaded them once in anticipation for this eventuality but if I did they are lost in the abyss of my computer.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; March 25, 2024 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    I am actually looking for the entries in the LNT file to adjust the height of the circled text areas in the image below and have no idea what they are named.
    The .lnt file in the menu folder only controls the size and position of text and UI elements in the menus.

In general, it is not possible to move and resize text and UI elements on the campaign and battle map. However, you are in luck, because descr_campaign_db.xml has a line that controls exactly what you're looking for. You can place this in the display section:

Code:
    <display>
     <hud_tab_text_vert_offset uint="18"/> <!-- when this line isn't present, the default value is 18 -->
    </display>

Quote Originally Posted by Callistonian View Post
    The .lnt file in the menu folder only controls the size and position of text and UI elements in the menus.

In general, it is not possible to move and resize text and UI elements on the campaign and battle map. However, you are in luck, because descr_campaign_db.xml has a line that controls exactly what you're looking for. You can place this in the display section:

Code:
    <display>
     <hud_tab_text_vert_offset uint="18"/> <!-- when this line isn't present, the default value is 18 -->
    </display>
    You are the man! Thank you much. It is very good to see you lurking about these days.

Blog Entries

I really need to move to another time zone.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12