Page 15 of 138 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324254065115 ... LastLast

Thread: Awesome 40K Pictures & Videos.

Senator

Default Re: Awesome 40K Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Manco View Post
    less spamming, moar pictures.
    Lets have some Eldar (Shmexy space elves)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Hmmm, the artist in the last one needs to pay more attention to the inconsistenies in his artwork.
    I rather like the second one though.
    Smilies...the resort of those with a vacuous argument

Lord of the Drunk Penguin's Avatar Tribunus

Quote Originally Posted by Manco View Post
    less spamming, moar pictures.
    Agreed.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Stay on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Plant View Post
    Hmmm, the artist in the last one needs to pay more attention to the inconsistenies in his artwork.
    I rather like the second one though.
    and what would those inconsistencies be?
    Last edited by God-Emperor of Mankind; December 08, 2010 at 10:26 AM.

IG for the win!

firstborn!

death riders

Death Korps Commissar-General

Death Korps Field Marshall

Last edited by Okuto; December 07, 2010 at 10:26 PM.

I'd like to know more bout that Thyran fellow, unless you can get me a background on guardsman 566-648-87991-72

all officers of the death korps look cool like him so you'd better be ready to ask alot of officers their story.

Death Korps are so badass looking... Are there any female Korpsmen depicted?

no korps women, it's safe to assume they arent commonplace

Quote Originally Posted by Okuto View Post
    all officers of the death korps look cool like him so you'd better be ready to ask alot of officers their story.
    Aren't they all clones anyways?

And I'm curious as to the horse rider. I mean this is the 40K what kind of purpose would horse riders serve? Wouldn't motorcycles be better?

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    Aren't they all clones anyways?

And I'm curious as to the horse rider. I mean this is the 40K what kind of purpose would horse riders serve? Wouldn't motorcycles be better?
    Rough riders are fast attacking, single shot forces. Their spears have sime kind of high explosive tip that can blow apart an enemy when they charge. I assume they then go back and get more spears.

didnt they tell you?

In the imperium, further developing tech is heretical unless sanctioned by a joint agreement between the high lords and the techpriests of Mars.

Why else do guardsmen have WW1 antiqued tank designs, marines ride in trended transports?

on the side note, cavalry is used mainly in recon in the korps. Remember that all guard regiments are different, some are high-tech, some are low-tech. Korps are WW1 Imperial Germans so it suits them fine

and no, cloning is heretical and only something them spikey humies would do.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

In the imperium, further developing tech is heretical unless sanctioned by a joint agreement between the high lords and the techpriests of Mars.
    That is not completely true; the more correct way is "developing tech outside of Mars Mechanicus is heresy".
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

and no, cloning is heretical and only something them spikey humies would do.
    And yet the Krieg use use a very similar technique to create men for their regiments. Although not the same, the technique of the 'Vitae Womb' is used to birth vast numbers of men for the armies of Krieg. This technique is highly controversial and only the High Lords can approve its use.

The only institution which uses cloning proper is the Mechanicum. On Mars they grow men for use as Skitarii, Servitors, and sometimes for a Magus. This allows the Mechanicum to keep its technological monopoly over all others.
    Art //

Quote Originally Posted by |Sith|9|Lord_Max View Post
    and what would those inconsistencies be?
    Well lets see; the body shapes of the Eldar are strange, the Banshee in the background have a different body shape to the two in front, the blades of the foreground banshee are slightly off angled, one space marine is far larger than the other, the space marines appear to be at least 9 feet tall, the pauldron on the ground doesn't match up to the size of the space marine pauldrons in the background, and both of the dead space marine weapons are held out at odd angles as if they are floating in the air. Theres nothing wrong with the focus of the piece, other than the odd body shape. (But then again they are aliens which happen to look exactly like humans).

Those Kreig paintings are nice. They look very military illustration style.
    Last edited by Plant; December 08, 2010 at 09:27 AM.
    Smilies...the resort of those with a vacuous argument

They are official GW artwork from the Imperial Armour Books.
    Art //

Lord of the Drunk Penguin's Avatar Tribunus

Okuto, you forgot the Engineer...

Random pieces of concept art...

[SPOILER][SPOILER]

Long live Paul Dainton !

I know....as well as forgetting the grenadiers, I gotta deny some awesomeness so they get interested.

Indeed Kreig uses a sort of "artificial growth process" to amass troops, much faster than letting every guardsman leave their seed before a campaign. Though it's a shame cloning is using more often.....
    Last edited by Okuto; December 08, 2010 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawstar15a2 View Post
    Death Korps are so badass looking... Are there any female Korpsmen depicted?
    Only in fanfic. your best bet is Deviantart or 1d4chan.

Well lets see; the body shapes of the Eldar are strange, the Banshee in the background have a different body shape to the two in front, the blades of the foreground banshee are slightly off angled, one space marine is far larger than the other, the space marines appear to be at least 9 feet tall, the pauldron on the ground doesn't match up to the size of the space marine pauldrons in the background, and both of the dead space marine weapons are held out at odd angles as if they are floating in the air. Theres nothing wrong with the focus of the piece, other than the odd body shape. (But then again they are aliens which happen to look exactly like humans).

are we talking about the same image? i dont see a single space marine in that picture.

I know....as well as forgetting the grenadiers, I gotta deny some awesomeness so they get interested.

Indeed Kreig uses a sort of "artificial growth process" to amass troops, much faster than letting every guardsman leave their seed before a campaign. Though it's a shame cloning is using more often.....
    When you are that badass you deserve to be cloned.