Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: (Recruiting) The Ministry of War presents: La Grande Armée

Default Re: The Ministry of War presents:

Excellent news. Best of luck with this!

Port's Avatar Civis

Default Re: (Recruiting) The Ministry of War presents: La Grande Armée

So, and whether we will take a material from Peninsular Campaign?
    It is possible to give units Spain and Portugal, as agents.

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Quote Originally Posted by Port View Post
    So, and whether we will take a material from Peninsular Campaign?
    It is possible to give units Spain and Portugal, as agents.
    Well, we don't know how moddable the Peninsular Campaign is and what CA's stance on taking things out of it and putting it into the grand campaign are. But, provided things can be taken out and CA is fine with it, we'll surely have a look at it

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

Port's Avatar Civis

In old files there are tracks of the added. In last, now I will look that there lies, I found units already, agents I do not know.
    Would be excellent to make separate culture for Spain and Portugal (if there is a possibility).

Has recollected, the culture tribal to mine is not used.
    Still is PIR_pirates, PIR_natives, PIR_european, indian
    Last edited by Port; May 26, 2010 at 05:58 AM.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

So who is actually one the team now?

MCM's Avatar Saint of lost causes

@Josst
    Its quite an international cast actually.
    We will be making a more detailed announcement regarding the team and some of our research/features in the near future.

Emperor BLUBBS VII's Avatar Decanus

Looks stunning cant wait!
    Advance to Contact. Duffer Mod.

What sorts of specialties or knowledge areas are still need on the team?

Is there anything in particular that is needed?

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hue View Post
    What sorts of specialties or knowledge areas are still need on the team?

Is there anything in particular that is needed?
    People who are willing and able to put things into the game. We're currently somewhat understaffed regarding people with actual technical modding skills.

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

Port's Avatar Civis

And how concerning creation of events?

In game it is possible to find people who will insert files, they already are.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Good luck guys. I'm pantianly looking forward to see the resoult of your work.
    Last edited by apple; June 17, 2010 at 12:52 AM.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

georider's Avatar Tiro
    ΜΑΚΕΔΟΝΙΑ, Macedonia, Thessalonik, HELLAS

Well, we don't know how moddable the Peninsular Campaign is and what CA's stance on taking things out of it and putting it into the grand campaign are. But, provided things can be taken out and CA is fine with it, we'll surely have a look at it
    We all must have an eye when that time comes

Zaitochisan's Avatar Civis

Default Re: The Ministry of War presents:

Quote Originally Posted by alpaca View Post
    Well, one thing that has been seen in TW games already (in the APE:TI mod, which is why it's not a secret that I'll be implementing something like it again) is the introduction of a manpower system as an additional resource to money for troop recruitment. Historically, manpower was one of the important reasons for why the French had to rely on European troops so much and why the Russian fiasco broke the French' military capabilities.

We have a lot of more exciting stuff in store for you but we have to keep some things to ourselves for the previews, eh?

Aye I hadn't realised until I started reading up that less than 50% of the troops that entered Russia were of "French" origin, including Saxons, Poles, Bavarians, Austrians, .... a long list of 'Germanic' states just for a start.
    The french Invasion Army was about twice the size of the 3 main Russian armies.

MCM's Avatar Saint of lost causes

Some of you might be wondering how the team concept came about.

As you know, many of the modders have been quite frustrated over the last couple of years, wanting more modding support and ability to change things in game. Because of this, over the last few years we have sadly seen the number of modders and mods attempted gradually dwindle.

Initially, I had the idea of putting together a team of veterans, modders who would rally together, in spite of the obvious difficulties involved in creating (dare I whisper it?) a major mod, and put something together as an inspiration to others to get up and have a go at modding themselves. A collection of the best from around the modding world, literally.

The team is now much more than just that. We have members from various historical communities, wargamers and amateur historians, professional musicians, all once disparate elements brought together under a common vision; to recreate the passion and glory of this incredible twenty years or so of world history that forever changed Europe.

Thanks to serving here as staff at twc, and being involved in the modding community as an officer over the years, I have been blessed with a large collection of friends and associates, not only here at twc but at other modding and historical communities as well.

Given the overwhelming support and response to the petition to CA, and the obvious improvements that NTW has over ETW, my own inspiration started to burn brightly again. I had been communicating with modding comunities all around the world, France, Russia, Turkey, Greece, the US and UK, and it made me realize that maybe, just maybe, a major mod team could be possible.

Those participating in the team at the moment share one thing: they refuse to give up, even in the face of obstacles. People like Alpaca and the other veterans on the team, the historians and musicians, all inspire me every day to keep at it, to try a little harder, to learn something new and open my mind to possibilites.

What we need right now is more technically skilled members to join us. Scripters, coders, people to help test out or develop the many ideas that we have accumulated and help us make these a reality for you all to enjoy. People not afraid to work, people not afraid to work with others under a common cause; to lead by act and example.

However, if your skills are still just developing, but you possess a desire to learn and develop your skills to a level as yet unknown, there is space for you also. You need the essential ingredients, desire and tenacity.

We, the members of this team, mod because we must; regardless of limited tools, regardless of obvious obstacles.

If you are such a person, come and join our ranks.

We do not surrender.
    Last edited by MCM; June 03, 2010 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MCM View Post
    Some of you might be wondering how the team concept came about.

As you know, many of the modders have been quite frustrated over the last couple of years, wanting more modding support and ability to change things in game. Because of this, over the last few years we have sadly seen the number of modders and mods attempted gradually dwindle.

Initially, I had the idea of putting together a team of veterans, modders who would rally together, in spite of the obvious difficulties involved in creating (dare I whisper it?) a major mod, and put something together as an inspiration to others to get up and have a go at modding themselves. A collection of the best from around the modding world, literally.

The team is now much more than just that. We have members from various historical communities, wargamers and amateur historians, professional musicians, all once disparate elements brought together under a common vision; to recreate the passion and glory of this incredible twenty years or so of world history that forever changed Europe.

Thanks to serving here as staff at twc, and being involved in the modding community as an officer over the years, I have been blessed with a large collection of friends and associates, not only here at twc but at other modding and historical communities as well.

Given the overwhelming support and response to the petition to CA, and the obvious improvements that NTW has over ETW, my own inspiration started to burn brightly again. I had been communicating with modding comunities all around the world, France, Russia, Turkey, Greece, the US and UK, and it made me realize that maybe, just maybe, a major mod team could be possible.

Those participating in the team at the moment share one thing: they refuse to give up, even in the face of obstacles. People like Alpaca and the other veterans on the team, the historians and musicians, all inspire me every day to keep at it, to try a little harder, to learn something new and open my mind to possibilites.

What we need right now is more technically skilled members to join us. Scripters, coders, people to help test out or develop the many ideas that we have accumulated and help us make these a reality for you all to enjoy. People not afraid to work, people not afraid to work with others under a common cause; to lead by act and example.

However, if your skills are still just developing, but you possess a desire to learn and develop your skills to a level as yet unknown, there is space for you also. You need the essential ingredients, desire and tenacity.

We, the members of this team, mod because we must; regardless of limited tools, regardless of obvious obstacles.

If you are such a person, come and join our ranks.

We do not surrender.
    MCM doesn't do teamtalks. But if he did.....
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Augment's Avatar Senator

This mod suits my wishes, immersion wasnt really achieved in the vanilla game but i feel this mod will fix that.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Just a quick questions, in order to get the campaign select screen like that did you have to decompile and edit then recompile the luacs?

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Moved to Compilations and Overhauls and tagged.

PM me with any questions.
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Quote Originally Posted by Josst View Post
    Just a quick questions, in order to get the campaign select screen like that did you have to decompile and edit then recompile the luacs?
    Nope, alpaca managed it without the luac's, if I remember correctly.
    Which is, funnily enough, what most people thought were necessary to edit them.
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Thats what I thought...
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast