Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: New stuff

Default Re: New stuff

Quote Originally Posted by dabela View Post
    why are there two churches in the city?
    How much time did you spend looking at this? I didn't even realise there were churches in there until I read your post. What difference does it make how many there are/were?

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

details is the difference between quality and non-quality mods

Quote Originally Posted by MeAgain View Post
    How much time did you spend looking at this? I didn't even realise there were churches in there until I read your post. What difference does it make how many there are/were?
    no difference, just wondering... i saw one church first time i looked at it, and the second one i saw 58th time i looked and we want more screen shots... we demand it
    Last edited by dabela; June 03, 2010 at 01:06 PM.

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

wow! Ragusa looks great!

\Vazul's Ghost/'s Avatar Senator

This is awesome work, really fantastic! But, I'm not quite sure how you intend on implementing this, will that be a standard city model or unique to Ragusa? And if it is unique to Ragusa then will the other model of Ras be unique for that settlement too etc. If so, I'm curious as to what other cities will be given unique models, and if you intend on making models representing each upgrade to those cities. (Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere)
    γνῶθι σεαυτόν ~ μηδὲν ἄγαν

Grof's Avatar Campidoctor

I think duce said that this is unique to Ragusa and that this is what Ragusa will look like from the starts. Not sure about the other questions.

Христе Боже распети и свети, Српска земља кроз облаке лети. Лети преко небеских висина, Крила су јој Морава и Дрина.
    На три свето и на три саставно,Одлазимо на Косово равно.
    Кад је драга да одлазим чула,За ревер ми невен заденула.
    Збогом први нерођени сине, Збогом ружо, збогом рузмарине. Збогом лето, јесени и зимо. Одлазимо да их победимо.
    March 24, 1999 - June 11, 1999

2Shy's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by \Vazul's Ghost/ View Post
    This is awesome work, really fantastic! But, I'm not quite sure how you intend on implementing this, will that be a standard city model or unique to Ragusa? And if it is unique to Ragusa then will the other model of Ras be unique for that settlement too etc. If so, I'm curious as to what other cities will be given unique models, and if you intend on making models representing each upgrade to those cities. (Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere)
    Please before asking see the previous comments-there are going to be 7 unique casttles and may be 3-4 unique cities.The other casstles/cities will have the standart models.These unique cities/castles will have the most advanced castles/cities walls and they can't be ubgraded-because there are no way further .

Quote Originally Posted by dabela View Post
    no difference, just wondering... i saw one church first time i looked at it, and the second one i saw 58th time i looked and we want more screen shots... we demand it
    I had a few looks, loved the model and didn't notice any churches.
    Probably because I was paying too much attention to the walls....

I see you are doing very simmialr job as we in PL Ilike the models but Iam wondering about one thing, how you solved winter textures? The hill remains green during winter?

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

well with ragusa that wouldnt be a problem, snow falls there like every 10-15 years
    do it rains more often than that

Quote Originally Posted by 2Shy View Post
    Please before asking see the previous comments-there are going to be 7 unique casttles and may be 3-4 unique cities.The other casstles/cities will have the standart models.These unique cities/castles will have the most advanced castles/cities walls and they can't be ubgraded-because there are no way further .
    Great thanks for your answer. Sorry that it was already answered elsewhere but these days I have so little free time that I only have the time to look at the latest posts and comment, and then check again days later

Incidentally, do we know which cities/castles will be unique? Or will the team reveal that to us as they go

Quote Originally Posted by IVIarkI2I View Post
    I see you are doing very simmialr job as we in PL Ilike the models but Iam wondering about one thing, how you solved winter textures? The hill remains green during winter?
    Well, there will be no snow in Greece, but there will be some snowy hills in the north. I didnt have to solve anything, because there are different climates.

Great thanks for your answer. Sorry that it was already answered elsewhere but these days I have so little free time that I only have the time to look at the latest posts and comment, and then check again days later

Incidentally, do we know which cities/castles will be unique? Or will the team reveal that to us as they go
    For now we have> Venice, Florence, Constantinople, Tarnovo, Ragusa. I made Ras, but I am not sure if that city deserves to be in.

TTW GRANDMASTER

well if its alredy made, then I think it deserves

phoenix[illusion]'s Avatar Palman Bracht

Quote Originally Posted by Hrobatos View Post
    well if its alredy made, then I think it deserves
    well, not so. cause it was just a capital in 11th and 12th century serbia, but it was not of any priority nor the crucial rule. anyways, better to make castles who were really special by their look (usually trade cities, like venice, ragusa etc.)
    long time no see, but still twc drug kickin'
    check out Tsardoms: Total War!
    Under patronage of respectable Annaeus
    Patron of honorable Giacomo Colonna

phoenix[illusion]'s Avatar Palman Bracht

well, serbian city that was crucial was actually belgrade. it was on border of serbia and hungary. in dusan's time it was hungarian, serbians had branicevo on border (branicevo is made out of word braniti which means to defend)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyV8hvUnUbw
    Last edited by phoenix[illusion]; June 06, 2010 at 06:10 AM.
    long time no see, but still twc drug kickin'
    check out Tsardoms: Total War!
    Under patronage of respectable Annaeus
    Patron of honorable Giacomo Colonna

no by snow I mean small part of landscape located under city, becouse I see the landscape is part of model (cas) not a map generated hill so it doesnt changes appierience in game during winter turns?

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

Cool. So is there a hardcoded limit to how many unique strat models you can fit in, or are you setting this limit based on man power and time restraints?

Quote Originally Posted by IVIarkI2I View Post
    no by snow I mean small part of landscape located under city, becouse I see the landscape is part of model (cas) not a map generated hill so it doesnt changes appierience in game during winter turns?
    No it doesnt‚change. But this is Ragusa. No need to make snow. However, we got other models that should use snow. But, thats not possible I think. So we will have to leave it as is. But, I dont think that somebody will mind.

Cool. So is there a hardcoded limit to how many unique strat models you can fit in, or are you setting this limit based on man power and time restraints?
    There is a limit, yes: we can have 7 unique castles and 7 unique cities.

TTW GRANDMASTER

thx for your answers , cant w8 to see constantinople model +rep to il duce and phoenix

Niccolo Machiavelli

Thanks. Constantinople will be, of course, the most detailed of all models.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I suppose you all know what this model represents

I am planning to add even the great hippodrome, Galata, etc. It will be huge and very hard to conquer!

And, btw> You can make another set of winter textures, but only for units, by making another folder "winter" in your "texture" folder. I bet you didnt know that.
    Last edited by il_duce_!; June 06, 2010 at 04:10 PM.

TTW GRANDMASTER