Hi Pivra

http://www.turkishclass.com/

is a online Turkish learning site.

I hope it will help you.
    is it free???

Default Re: Türkçe ( Turkish )

Quote Originally Posted by Pivra View Post
    is it free???
    AFAIK, it is free. Why you do not check it? He he, if it is usefull to you I want my rep!
    In tribute to concerned friends:
    - You know nothing Jon Snow.

Samples from the Turkish Cuisine by white-wolf

I reped you.. .. REPed...... read carefully... if I can speak Turkish Ill go to Stambul with a greek friend of mine next year.. the dude lived in Thessalonica for so many years but never been there .. what the hell..

I reped you.. .. REPed...... read carefully... if I can speak Turkish Ill go to Stambul with a greek friend of mine next year.. the dude lived in Thessalonica for so many years but never been there .. what the hell..
    Why, Thank you for your rep. Please note; I am not what you write there!

To visit the City you do not need to speak Turkish, English is enough. Besides, if I will correct my budget I am very favor to visit Thessalonica, my wife's folk were migrated from Thessalonica.

Quote Originally Posted by white-wolf View Post
    Why, Thank you for your rep. Please note; I am not what you write there!

To visit the City you do not need to speak Turkish, English is enough. Besides, if I will correct my budget I am very favor to visit Thessalonica, my wife's folk were migrated from Thessalonica.
    i live in Canada... lol, i knew a guy named Ogüz .. but then he broke up with my sisters friend so i dont know him anymore.. he was from like some town with a name hard to remember near Ankara... and i had a friend from Mersin.. but we lost contact... so i guess some kurdish or arab guy ate him alive already....and his soul is now lost forever since he was an atheist..

can many ppl in turkey still read arabic? or just some old and dying grandpas in lost villages?

can many ppl in turkey still read arabic? or just some old and dying grandpas in lost villages?
    Only old people and Imams can read Arabic alifba. Because they read Quran. Turkish youth is not interested in learning Arabic alifba, because it worths nothing and English and other languages are more important these days.

I do not think many people now read and understand Arabic, not any more. Just students of Imam-Hatip high schools and (Faculty of Religion) of some Universities. However, they are still many people who can read of Arabic Alfabeth. You know it is need to read Quran. Heck, I used to read Arabic Alfabeth, but I forget how to read.

i live in Canada... lol, i knew a guy named Ogüz .. but then he broke up with my sisters friend so i dont know him anymore.. he was from like some town with a name hard to remember near Ankara... and i had a friend from Mersin.. but we lost contact... so i guess some kurdish or arab guy ate him alive already....and his soul is now lost forever since he was an atheist..
    Now, you are at same country with our Crimson Scythe!

Quote Originally Posted by Gokturk View Post
    Only old people and Imams can read Arabic alifba. Because they read Quran. Turkish youth is not interested in learning Arabic alifba, because it worths nothing and English and other languages are more important these days.
    I think Atheist and Tengrist do not need Arabic Elif-Ba.

However, many conservative Muslim Turks still read their Quran from Arabic from.

i can read arabic(actually persian mutilation of the script)!! ... alef be te se pe jim he khe che ... but how about ur caligraphy, god forbid you write it in latin... ..

Now, you are at same country with our Crimson Scythe!
    i chcked, dude's in ontario.. lol.. distance between where i live from where he lives is like.....i dont know.... Jerusalem to Gibraltar..

are Tengrists like mongolian religion?????
    Last edited by Pivra; April 22, 2008 at 09:58 AM.

every muslim can read and learn arabic if she/he wants not only the imams.

kokorec??? never ate it but in Turkey was a big discussion about kokorec they say that the EU will forbid it :hmmm:

Why does Turkey want to be in that vile Union called EU so much???? where is your Ottoman pride???!!!!!!!!

Why does Turkey want to be in that vile Union called EU so much???? where is your Ottoman pride???!!!!!!!!
    - Ottoman Pride was went down under at WW1. Nowadays we call it "Turkish Pride"!

- We want EU because of emotional matters not about money and wealth! . Yani tamamen Duygusal!

- Ottoman Pride was went down under at WW1. Nowadays we call it "Turkish Pride"!

- We want EU because of emotional matters not about money and wealth! . Yani tamamen Duygusal!

but EU is a christian club..... they will strip you out of everything turkish ...since when did you start trusting the West, if they even want to dismantle Serbia ....a Christian nation...I dont think they will have mercy for others...

but EU is a christian club..... they will strip you out of everything turkish ...since when did you start trusting the West, if they even want to dismantle Serbia ....a Christian nation...I dont think they will have mercy for others...
    They say it is not a Christian Club. And we believe them.

They say it is not a Christian Club. And we believe them.

and everyone knows Europe is a very nice continent who never lies....and with an extremely high human right profile...with no genocides at all.. ever.. not even a single persecution in its history... now any racism ...

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

are Tengrists like mongolian religion?????
    There are some differences between the Mongolic Tengriism and Turkic Tengriism(like for instance as for the legend of creation,the names of characters are different,the number of deities aren't the same) However in essence they are the same.As a sidenote today the number of Tengriists around the world unfortunately are quite scarce.
    Shine on you crazy diamond...

I read that Tengrism came from the world Heaven in Chinese and is also the same origin with Japanese Tengu or something .. from Wikipedia... it said it was predominant in central asia mongolia and manchuria (god knows where the heck that place is)... but what is the principle of this faith?

Giorgos's Avatar Deus Ex Machina

and everyone knows Europe is a very nice continent who never lies....and with an extremely high human right profile...with no genocides at all.. ever.. not even a single persecution in its history... now any racism ...
    Europe is not a single nation anyway.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Do Turks say "Merci" for thank you like western Armenians and Persians oddly do half the time? I mean, admittedly, it's easier than saying shnorhagalutyun...

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by John I Tzimisces View Post
    Do Turks say "Merci" for thank you like western Armenians and Persians oddly do half the time? I mean, admittedly, it's easier than saying shnorhagalutyun...
    Interesting question Tzimisces.I was born in 1981,and I recall merci being used couple of times here and there,when I was at the elementary school at the year 1989.I can't remember where I learnt it,but I also remember using the word myself.So at the end of the 80's this or that way the word was being used to some extent,here in Turkey.However today apparently it had completely vanished.I haven't heard "merci" from anyone for years.:hmmm:
    Shine on you crazy diamond...