Page 7 of 182 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257107 ... LastLast

Thread: Türkçe (Turkish)

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Default Re: Türkçe ( Turkish )

Hi all, I'm currently listening to Ferdi Özbegen (courtesy of Zephrelial). If one of you is near a pastry shop please eat a kazan dibi (sorry for the spelling) for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Garbarsardar View Post
    kazan dibi (sorry for the spelling) for me!
    spelling is true! however, you should stick the words together: kazandibi.

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

Hi all, I'm currently listening to Ferdi Özbegen (courtesy of Zephrelial). If one of you is near a pastry shop please eat a kazan dibi (sorry for the spelling) for me!

Hi Garb Damn it's been too long since the last time I ate a kazandibi.A very delicious dessert.Really I intend to eat a kazandibi sometime soon.Another successful turkish dessert is tavukgöğsü Garb,don't forget the name and enjoy it whenever you get the chance to do so.Trust me,since you like kazandibi,you'll like tavukgöğsü as well.
    Shine on you crazy diamond...

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by Zephrelial View Post
    Hi Garb Damn it's been too long since the last time I ate a kazandibi.A very delicious dessert.Really I intend to eat a kazandibi sometime soon.Another successful turkish dessert is tavukgöğsü Garb,don't forget the name and enjoy it whenever you get the chance to do so.Trust me,since you like kazandibi,you'll like tavukgöğsü as well.
    I was eating tavukgöğsü very often in Thessaloniki; there is a pastry shop (Hatzis) who maintains amongst else a herd of buffalo and uses the milk for ekmek kadayıf...my other favourite was şekerpare...

I was eating tavukgöğsü very often in Thessaloniki; there is a pastry shop (Hatzis) who maintains amongst else a herd of buffalo and uses the milk for ekmek kadayıf...my other favourite was şekerpare...
    Oh my...,
    someone mentioned buffalo milk?
    I love "(Manda) kaymaklı fıstık kadayıfı". If any one lives in Istanbul, I would like to recomended it at the "Bizim Köfte" at Altunizede, near to Capitol.
    In tribute to concerned friends:
    - You know nothing Jon Snow.

Samples from the Turkish Cuisine by white-wolf

Quote Originally Posted by white-wolf View Post
    Oh my...,
    someone mentioned buffalo milk?
    I love "(Manda) kaymaklı fıstık kadayıfı". If any one lives in Istanbul, I would like to recomended it at the "Bizim Köfte" at Altunizede, near to Capitol.
    Wait a second mate I think Garb prefer to have his Köfte at the famous Sultanahmet Halk Köftecisi while watching the charming beauty of Hagia Sophia Enjoy your feast in the middle of history Garb.

+

Good combo eh

What exactly are kazandibi and tavukgogsu? I love Middle Eastern desserts, but I have never heard of anything like those. (doesn't sound like any Armenian dessert I've heard of at least, and usually there is an equivalent food in both Turkish and Armenian cuisines:hmmm
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

Tavuk göğsü

Kazandibi

Enjoy!

Thanks, Gokturk!
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

I wasn't aware that tavukgöğsü was available at Thessaloniki.It's a wonderful dessert,şekerpare is quite delicious,too.I know you're skilled about cooking,given the right ingredients maybe you can even produce both yourself :hmmm:

Drtad as you've seen Göktürk had explained perfectly with the visual(drooling) example

LittleLegionaire- Naptın baba sen? Rejimi bozdurucan bize.

Translation of above for non-turkish friends:

Man what have you done? My diet is going to crumble.
    Last edited by Zephrelial; April 14, 2008 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gokturk View Post
    Wow! Did you find a relaxed atmosphere? Then you might be very lucky. My life in Istanbul is completely stressful.
    i was there for holydays (...nightlife and buying turkish stuff)
    yes it was relaxing except for bargaining

Do not hate a weak child, it may be the son of a tiger.

Quote Originally Posted by seleukosart View Post
    yes it was relaxing except for bargaining

Bargaining itself in essence can prove to be quite stressful..If I start to bargain the people that I bargain with have to shoot me to get rid of me,until I make him/her agree on the price that I propose.So oneday it will be the end of me.

Istanbul is a fine city.But whichever city one is visiting around the World,he needs someone that knows the place otherwise you miss most of the areas that are worth seeing or visiting.

@Göktürk- Istanbul demek stres demek,maalesef.

Giorgos's Avatar Deus Ex Machina

Hey Zeph, i just noticed the sig of yours. 210.000 downloads? That's amazing friend. The whole populace of TWC+ must have downloaded your mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgos View Post
    Hey Zeph, i just noticed the sig of yours. 210.000 downloads? That's amazing friend. The whole populace of TWC+ must have downloaded your mod.
    It's not a suprise. People prefer new factions rather than tweaks.

LittleLegionaire- Naptın baba sen? Rejimi bozdurucan bize.

Translation of above for non-turkish friends:

Man what have you done? My diet is going to crumble.
    Abi, Antalya Kaş'tayım İstanbul'a hasret kaldım. Taksim Bambi, Şampiyon Kokoreç, Eminönü balık ekmek ve Nevizade'de Rakıdan müteşekkil bir lezzet turu yapmayı planlıyorum. Burası hesapta turizm bölgesi, aslında güzel bir deniz ürünleri mutfağı var ama İstanbul'un artık yıllar içinde rafineleşmiş lezzetlerini sunan mekanlardan yoksunuz.

Stresine çilesine birşey diyemeyeceğim doğru bazen adamı canından bezdiriyor eyvallahta mesela şöyle Tophanede oturup bir nargileni tüttürdünmü stres filan kalmıyor ya.

Zeph bu arada sanırım yaza Metallica geliyormuş galiba. Gerçi herne kadar Metalin ve Metallica'nın heyheyli dönemleri nostalji olarak kalsada, Hetfield torun torba sahibi olacak yaşa gelsede yinede eski güzel günlerin hatrına gidilebilir. İki üç sene önce Nick Cave gelmişti mesela Harbiye Açıkhava'ya tadından yenmeyecek bir konser olmuştu. İstanbul koca bir açık büfe abi her keyfe, lezzete, bütçeye göre bir dünya var.

Benim İstanbul'um gelmiş anlaşıldı.

Zaten İstanbul'un zevkini en iyi dışarıdan gelenler çıkarıyor.

Biz İstanbul'da yaşayanlar ise çalışmaktan ve koşturmaktan İstanbul'un güzelliğini göremiyoruz!
    In tribute to concerned friends:
    - You know nothing Jon Snow.

Samples from the Turkish Cuisine by white-wolf

Quote Originally Posted by Little Legionaire View Post
    Abi, Antalya Kaş'tayım İstanbul'a hasret kaldım. Taksim Bambi, Şampiyon Kokoreç, Eminönü balık ekmek ve Nevizade'de Rakıdan müteşekkil bir lezzet turu yapmayı planlıyorum.
    Hocam Bakırköy'deki Şampiyon Kokoreç ise bahsettiğin, sakın gitme. En son gittiğimde kokoreç yerine bulamaç yemiştim.

Quote Originally Posted by Gokturk View Post
    Hocam Bakırköy'deki Şampiyon Kokoreç ise bahsettiğin, sakın gitme. En son gittiğimde kokoreç yerine bulamaç yemiştim.
    Yok abi Taksim Balıkpazarı'ndaki Şampiyondan bahsediyorum. Bakırköydekinden Bayağı uzun bir zaman önce yemiştim. Sonrada hiç yolum düşmedi. Balıkpazarı Şampiyon'un Kokoreç ve Midyesi iyidir.

Abi, Antalya Kaş'tayım İstanbul'a hasret kaldım. Taksim Bambi, Şampiyon Kokoreç, Eminönü balık ekmek ve Nevizade'de Rakıdan müteşekkil bir lezzet turu yapmayı planlıyorum. Burası hesapta turizm bölgesi, aslında güzel bir deniz ürünleri mutfağı var ama İstanbul'un artık yıllar içinde rafineleşmiş lezzetlerini sunan mekanlardan yoksunuz.

Stresine çilesine birşey diyemeyeceğim doğru bazen adamı canından bezdiriyor eyvallahta mesela şöyle Tophanede oturup bir nargileni tüttürdünmü stres filan kalmıyor ya.

Zeph bu arada sanırım yaza Metallica geliyormuş galiba. Gerçi herne kadar Metalin ve Metallica'nın heyheyli dönemleri nostalji olarak kalsada, Hetfield torun torba sahibi olacak yaşa gelsede yinede eski güzel günlerin hatrına gidilebilir. İki üç sene önce Nick Cave gelmişti mesela Harbiye Açıkhava'ya tadından yenmeyecek bir konser olmuştu. İstanbul koca bir açık büfe abi her keyfe, lezzete, bütçeye göre bir dünya var.

Pederler 2-3 sene önce Kaşa gitmişti,ben hiç gitmedim ama Kaşta çok manyak bi doğa var dediler.Deniz falan çok acayipmiş hayran kalmışlardı.Taksimde bide mutlaka bilirsin Kızıl Kayalar var oranında hamburgeri süper.Aslında dediğin gibi Istanbulda çeşit çeşit mutfak var genede bazı spesiyal yemekleri yerinde yemek lazım daha farklı oluyo,mesela biz aslen Hataylıyız oranın kebabıyla yarışabilicek yer İstanbulda yok Kebap işi biraz fabrikasyon ama genede çeşitlilik çok doğru.

Bir arkadaşla ben askere gitmeden önce zırt pırt nargileye içmeye tophaneye giderdik,şuursuzca içerdik çok da seviyodum sarmıştım,askere gittik sigara içmeye başladım nargileyi bıraktım

Vay vay Metallicaya bak demek yıllar sonra bi daha ha? Tabi artık yaşlandı adamlar,benden geçti artık.

@Giorgos- 210,000 downloads it is,indeed like in the sig.A couple of times I wondered about the reasons,but couldn't come up with anything.So basically it's a "" thing for me.

Hakkatende balıkpazarındaki midyede iyidir ya..

Giorgos's Avatar Deus Ex Machina

@Giorgos- 210,000 downloads it is,indeed like in the sig.A couple of times I wondered about the reasons,but couldn't come up with anything.So basically it's a "" thing for me.
    It's a good thing you didn't give it up back when you wanted to. Remember those days?