Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bruce Lee - Legend vs Reality

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Default Re: Bruce Lee - Legend vs Reality

Quote Originally Posted by Katsumoto View Post
    Just thought it was an interesting watch, he was one of his friends.

But what are you saying, I don't think we're disagreeing here, Bruce Lee probably wasn't the greatest fighter to have lived, but do you know anyone who could match him?
    It's hard to say who could match him because we haven't seen him actually fight. It's about like asking who could match Billy the Kid in a duel, most of what we know is second hand stories.

I'd say someone like Brock Lesnar or Fedor Emelianenko would probably destroy him.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesīr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    Moderator Emeritus

Brock Lesnar could probably take him out, I reckon he could take Fedor though.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Binshuy's Avatar Vicarius

he killed Chuck Norris CHUCK NORRIS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    I think Lady Gaga is awesome.

Delvecchio1975's Avatar Primicerius

Could Steve Seagal take him?
    Science flies you to the moon.
    Religion flies you into buildings.

Victor Stenger

Quote Originally Posted by Delvecchio1975 View Post
    maybe in a pansy pony-tail wearing contest.

il padrino's Avatar Protector Domesticus

This guy would kick his ass

A Chinese martial arts expert pulled an aeroplane for five metres - by a rope hooked to his eyelids.
    Dong Changsheng, 50, performed the stunt at the Changchun International Exhibition Centre in Jilin province, reports the City Daily newspaper.
    It took him less than a minute to pull the half-a-tonne aircraft for five metres.
    Dong has been practicing kung fu for nearly 40 years, and has collected numerous awards for his skills.
    "I have pulled a car with my eyelids before but this was the first time with an aeroplane," he said.
    "To be honest, I didn't use my full strength and I think I could probably pull it three times the distance.
    "I have built up the body strength to do this but it would be very dangerous for ordinary people so I don't want anyone to copy me."

Good question...

Moderator Emeritus

Not really, all he's doing in that video is throwing people who are running directly at him and not even trying to hurt him.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

That's aikido...

Moderator Emeritus

Yes I know, point is they're not even trying to hurt him. Woody Allen could beat people who aren't trying to hurt him.

Because you don't need someone who is attacking you in Aikido,the techniques don't require a attacking person....

Moderator Emeritus

That makes no sense. How would an aikido practioner deal with attacking techniques then if the techniques don't require the opponent to attack?

Because it's not about blocking attacks,more deflecting them..

Moderator Emeritus

He wasn't deflecting any attack in that video, just throwing guys who tried to 'grab' him.

Quote Originally Posted by Katsumoto View Post
    He wasn't deflecting any attack in that video, just throwing guys who tried to 'grab' him.
    an attack doesn't necessarily mean a strike...

I would have beaten Bruce Lee easily. My little Brother could have beaten him, and my older brother. My Father would have beaten him.
    Bruce lee was a little china man, that I definitely would have some sexual interest in. But fighting? come one, he wouldnt even dare to fight me.

Bruce Lee was certainly a legend but his fighting experience in actual matches is almost non-existent; like to that of a heavyweight boxing champion.
    He wasn't shy to be tested and his physical ability was extraordinary, agreed, but fighting is a whole different dominion. He could've wrecked havoc but it actually depends on the type of opponent and his fighting style. Like martial arts is a different thing than UFC where grappling, choke holds and wrestling mix against a heavier opponent would've been the end of him.

Then you have serious consequences of actual injuries, which can end your career real quick. Which is why I think, he never ventured into the dangerous territory considering what all he had already achieved through Hollywood and what not.

Still, he was a legend. Like Arnold in Bodybuilding, he will remain the golden boy of Martial Arts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12