Thread: Command list please

Default Command list please

I'm logged about 20 hours on NTW, but things are still frustrating.
    A few commands would made these battles much easier:
    1) How do I command my entire line to start marching forward? This is particularly important on maps where I have to claim a central hill or town.
    2) How do I zoom out so I can see what my cavalry is up to? The battle starts from a high perspective, then I get trapped in a low zoom. The X button does not work.
    3) Is there a way to get the camera to zoom to a unit that that I've given a number? I number my cavalry, but when I try to type 1 twice as is standard it most games. Nothing happens. Instead, I have to figure out and click the button for the unit at the bottom of the screen twice.
    4) How can I see my units in the forest better? I lose control of them for the most part. I can click trial and error, but I can't see their relation to other units in the forest, just one unit at a time.
    5) Aside: Do units in a forest take less damage from units not in the forest?

Default Re: Command list please

Quote Originally Posted by ellwoodis View Post
    1) How do I command my entire line to start marching forward? This is particularly important on maps where I have to claim a central hill or town.
    Ctrl-A selects all units if thats what you mean.
    Ctrl-M selects all infantry units.
    You can then give them commands as if you've selected them using the buttoms below.

2) How do I zoom out so I can see what my cavalry is up to? The battle starts from a high perspective, then I get trapped in a low zoom. The X button does not work.
    Yes, the normal cameras have a limit how far they allow zooming out.
    Try this.

3) Is there a way to get the camera to zoom to a unit that that I've given a number?
    No. It used to be in TW until I think Rome:TW, but it's gone for some reason.
    It's very annoying.

4) How can I see my units in the forest better? I lose control of them for the most part. I can click trial and error, but I can't see their relation to other units in the forest, just one unit at a time.
    I don't think there is a way. Your best bet is to group units so you can select them with the group hotkey.

5) Aside: Do units in a forest take less damage from units not in the forest?
    Yes, forests provide cover, especially for light infantry.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

you can use the pannel in the centre of your screen to move your full armie forward click and hold the forward arrow button at the top on the centre panel and release when your at the point you want them to stop . its handy if you just want the to move forward but not change formation in any way

klesh's Avatar Senator

Holding down the spacebar with highlight in blue the location of all your troops both stationary and moving (for the latter it will show you where they will end up). If you have a few units in the forests, holding the spacebar will allow you to see their formation and directional facing etc.
    Still playing Napoleon:TW