Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: STARTPOS MODS: BALKAN, IBERIA, SCANDINAVIA.....(last update 19/05)

Default Re: STARTPOS MODS: BALKAN, IBERIA, SCANDINAVIA.....(last update 19/05)

So i have problem i have installed the mod at Startpos_23_Setup.exe. I made the user.script and when i launched the game i added the "mod Scand_mod.pack;" to it launched it but there is not nothing special all the same campaign maps and no new countries. What i am doing wrong? I have non steam version. Hope somebody can help, i really want to play this.

Edit: i don't have another mods and i think i don't any updates
    Last edited by Hiirimatto; March 04, 2011 at 10:37 AM.

For some reason the game does not load the mod pack. Try to make it "movie" type. To do so follow instructions in FAQ 2b but replace NTF.pack with Scand_mod.pack which you will find in ...\napoleon total war\data\Scandin_mod\ (not the one you might find in ...\napoleon total war\data\). Then start mod but leave your user.script.txt blank (as you said no other mod is installed).

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    For some reason the game does not load the mod pack. Try to make it "movie" type. To do so follow instructions in FAQ 2b but replace NTF.pack with Scand_mod.pack which you will find in ...\napoleon total war\data\Scandin_mod\ (not the one you might find in ...\napoleon total war\data\). Then start mod but leave your user.script.txt blank (as you said no other mod is installed).
    YEAH! Thank you very much its works perfectly now. I do not know how, but if I knew I would give +rep

Edit: Damn.. i found new bug or something cannot load the saved game. Its campaign with finland.
    Edit2:Works with new save didn't know what was problem with first one.
    Edit3:It came back now my saves wont work again.
    Last edited by Hiirimatto; March 05, 2011 at 05:33 AM.

DevrimJan's Avatar Semisalis

Sorry for the really late reply, been very busy
    But anyways, i thaught that it wasn't working because I had NTF installed aswell, so I unistalled NTF.
    After I did so, the game starts, I go to the main menu, click on singleplayer, I see an option "Balkan Mod by Husserl", I click on it but it brings up the 4 factions of The Coalition.
    Why is this happening?
    Thanks in advance!

-Husser:
    Welcome! It is supposing to be a challenging campaign. Anyway the file you must change is in data\campaign\Balkan_mod\startpos_2. You changed the one in data\campaign\Balkan_mod\ which was overwritten when you started the mod...

This is a little late but thanks Husser for your reply! Now why is it the startpos2?

Quote Originally Posted by DevrimJan View Post
    Sorry for the really late reply, been very busy
    But anyways, i thaught that it wasn't working because I had NTF installed aswell, so I unistalled NTF.
    After I did so, the game starts, I go to the main menu, click on singleplayer, I see an option "Balkan Mod by Husserl", I click on it but it brings up the 4 factions of The Coalition.
    Why is this happening?
    Thanks in advance!
    Do what I suggested above for Hiirimatto here but for Balkan mod.

Quote Originally Posted by xberman View Post
    -Husser:
    Welcome! It is supposing to be a challenging campaign. Anyway the file you must change is in data\campaign\Balkan_mod\startpos_2. You changed the one in data\campaign\Balkan_mod\ which was overwritten when you started the mod...

This is a little late but thanks Husser for your reply! Now why is it the startpos2?
    Startpos_1 is for playing as Serbia, Croatia, Moldavia, Romania and 2 for the rest.

pls help me, i donloaded the mod and ran the exe file and installed everything. i launched the mod icon and i chose the balkan mod, when i press balkan mod the regular vanilla factions pop up such as austria and england, pls, i think its related to the script, i also do not get that part thanks

nvm

Icon4 Re: STARTPOS MODS: BALKAN, IBERIA, SCANDINAVIA.....(last update 19/05)

husserlTW,
    Tnx a lot for your work!

Scholars and agents don't appear while playing Ottomans. Does anyone know a solution to this problem? Mb one should make changes in the missing_units.pack in the same way as it was with tradeships? Please advise!

grassias5,
    I had the same problem. You should use the FIX to this mode, which you can find in the head message on the first page of the thread.

wheres the modmanager link at?

there seems to be no link for it

Quote Originally Posted by markuswolf View Post
    husserlTW,
    Tnx a lot for your work!

Scholars and agents don't appear while playing Ottomans. Does anyone know a solution to this problem? Mb one should make changes in the missing_units.pack in the same way as it was with tradeships? Please advise!

grassias5,
    I had the same problem. You should use the FIX to this mode, which you can find in the head message on the first page of the thread.
    Ottomans have many limitations by default. Use this mid the version with religion buildings. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=390047

Quote Originally Posted by grassias5 View Post
    there seems to be no link for it
    Do you mean user script editor? Here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...02#post9190102

nvm

thanks!

Excellent mod

This a awesome mod and it works!!!!!!!!!!!!
    But is it normal that I can't read unit names/descriptions and Finland calls Scotland?

this is probably caused by having more than 1 ".loc" file in your data folder. if you have the "chain slots??? .loc" file in. try removing it and see if that works. it did for me as i had the same problem and the all chain slots mod still works. if you have additional units this can also create the same problem. download swiss halbediers latest unit compatability mod which allows multiple unit mod packs to work with each other

Shea O'Gorath's Avatar Primicerius

is there a way to stop the mod producing a .loc because if this appears i cant use the ottoman units mod

You can by removing Balkan_loc.pac but you ill loose then many changes in Balkan mod (unit names, action names, etc.). Best way is to merge the 2 loc in one file. Since ottoman's loc has much less new entries you should copy those to Balkan.

Husserl, even after changing both of the Balkan Mod files to movie files instead of mods, it's still not loading the Balkan mod. Any other suggestions as to what needs to be done?

TheSilverKnight - Developer for IBFD