Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: NAPOLEON TOTAL FACTIONS.....(last update 28/04/2012)

Default Re: NAPOLEON TOTAL FACTIONS.....(last update 28/05/2010)

Having trouble playing this in MP. We both made sure a hundred times over to install the same way but we still get incompatible version.
    We tried without mod; No problems.
    With different mod; No problems.
    Any ideas? We where only trying MP all factions, not emergent.

EDIT: You know what something went REALLY wrong during install, because my friend had issues with the mod still being semiactivated with it removed. Then we had him remove some files that could have been touched and have steam reinstall them... still having issues connecting now. SO for now I think it has NOTHING to do with the mod.
    Last edited by Wolfiefang; May 29, 2010 at 09:41 AM.

cant get this to work, it starts up and i save mod "NTF.pack"; to the user.script, i close that and it says some files get copied and then it hangs at the splash screen

i downloaded a fix but i dont understand what im supposed to do with it, its just a bunch of numbered exes that do nothing when i open them

ok, i opened 14 and it did not seem to do anything, but i tryed to start the game it worked! woot!

are these factions complete? as in do they have as many units as the normal factions do?
    Last edited by adecoy95; May 29, 2010 at 11:36 AM.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

As Hannover, why won't any generals spawn?

crazy dutchman's Avatar Foederatus

fantastic mod! I love the way you put all the faction in 1 main menu screen, but could you give the netherlands to the united kingdom of the netherlands and belgium to france? And could you also make amsterdam the dutch capital? And give rome to italy? Would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by adecoy95 View Post
    cant get this to work, it starts up and i save mod "NTF.pack"; to the user.script, i close that and it says some files get copied and then it hangs at the splash screen

i downloaded a fix but i dont understand what im supposed to do with it, its just a bunch of numbered exes that do nothing when i open them

ok, i opened 14 and it did not seem to do anything, but i tryed to start the game it worked! woot!

are these factions complete? as in do they have as many units as the normal factions do?
    I forgot to add instructions. Just copy them in ...\napoleon total war\AuyoPlay\NTF\Docs\ oreplacing the existing exe files. Start mod normally and you'll be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    As Hannover, why won't any generals spawn?
    I noticed that. Change in FACTION\CHARACTER_RECRUITMENT_MANAGER (it is the first one) the 0 to 1 and you'll have them in next turn.

Quote Originally Posted by crazy dutchman View Post
    fantastic mod! I love the way you put all the faction in 1 main menu screen, but could you give the netherlands to the united kingdom of the netherlands and belgium to france? And could you also make amsterdam the dutch capital? And give rome to italy? Would be cool.
    No, NTF has everything vanilla so anybody can fix it as he likes, with the mods he likes, etc.

husserlTW did you check the problem I mentioned earlier with repeating of same buildings?

Quote Originally Posted by pickelhaube View Post
    husserlTW did you check the problem I mentioned earlier with repeating of same buildings?
    I did and it is a vanilla characteristic. It is easy to be changed but as you pointed out we have to think how the AI will handle it. I would like some opinions on this. The question is:

1. More expensive and not full levels available but faster constructing?

2. Cheaper, full levels but slower constructing (double turns)?

crazy dutchman's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: NAPOLEON TOTAL FACTIONS.....(last update 03/05/2010)

I had the same thing, you should go to your user.script file, I've got vista and I go to search, appdata, programs: appdata, roaming, the creative assembly, napoleon total war and then delete the lines with mods you're not using, ex mod "ntf.pack";

Default Re: NAPOLEON TOTAL FACTIONS.....(last update 03/05/2010)

Quote Originally Posted by crazy dutchman View Post
    I had the same thing, you should go to your user.script file, I've got vista and I go to search, appdata, programs: appdata, roaming, the creative assembly, napoleon total war and then delete the lines with mods you're not using, ex mod "ntf.pack";
    Sorry but what is this about? I mean which question you are answering?
    Last edited by husserlTW; May 30, 2010 at 01:25 PM.

Wait, what file is that in?

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    I did and it is a vanilla characteristic. It is easy to be changed but as you pointed out we have to think how the AI will handle it. I would like some opinions on this. The question is:

1. More expensive and not full levels available but faster constructing?

2. Cheaper, full levels but slower constructing (double turns)?
    I worry that AI will chose cheap version without full level avaliable and this way limiting his own ability to develop.
    So I guess its better to force second option so either way he will have options to develop to full level.

Thank you for replying!

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    Wait, what file is that in?
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by pickelhaube View Post
    I worry that AI will chose cheap version without full level avaliable and this way limiting his own ability to develop.
    So I guess its better to force second option so either way he will have options to develop to full level.

Thank you for replying!
    I made some tests and indeed AI prefer the cheap version even if it is a wealthy faction with a huge treasury...

????

I mean, like is the recruitment manager in a startpos or pack file, ands which one so I can fix it.

data\campaigns\NTF\2 for sp and 12 for mp, open startpos.esf and go in FACTION (Hannover is the first 1). If you have already started a campaign you can do that also in save game.
    Last edited by husserlTW; May 31, 2010 at 01:38 PM.

Works perfect for me, but not for my friend. When he tried to install your mod, it gives an error " ". However we mangaged to extract the files from the .exe (with winrar?) and placed them in the correct folder. However when you select a modded version it doesn't start (process crashses after a few seconds). When you revert to vanillia it works just fine.

1. Is the installer made to add some key to the register?
    2. It seems to be that the program doesn't copy the files (when you click revert to vanillia it gives some error message like "files we wanted to delete could not be found").

Do you install mod in the right folder? Navigate installer to the right location when the installation path appears. I cannot imagine what error can happened during installation because this kind of install is just copying folders and files. If you have vista be sure that you have administrator privileges to let you copy stuff in Program Files(x86) directory. No register keys are added. If you make a manual installation be sure that you copy the content in ....\napoleon total war\ directory. If the errors you mention in 2. appear only in mod's cmd window it is normal. As you see if for you works fine then your friend makes something wrong.
    Last edited by husserlTW; May 31, 2010 at 01:49 PM.

Great work! I'm with everyone else though. You get two options for buildings, one that can be upgraded and one that cannot be upgraded but takes only 1 year to complete. I can't rationalize going on a huge campaign like this because I fear the AI will build the non-upgradeable buildings.

Photos and faction descriptions would be awesome, too!

I'll fix the double building change with the upcoming update.

Do you install mod in the right folder? Navigate installer to the right location when the installation path appears. I cannot imagine what error can happened during installation because this kind of install is just copying folders and files. If you have vista be sure that you have administrator privileges to let you copy stuff in Program Files(x86) directory. No register keys are added. If you make a manual installation be sure that you copy the content in ....\napoleon total war\ directory. If the errors you mention in 2. appear only in mod's cmd window it is normal. As you see if for you works fine then your friend makes something wrong.
    We did locate the problem on the 2nd part (where it's crashing). It seems that the NTF_boot.pack is crashing the game/process the same second you start the game. Removing NTF_boot.pack makes the game launch probably & playing probably. Is it safe to remove NTF_boot.pack ? Is it only that changed loading screen?
    Last edited by Rizz; May 31, 2010 at 04:36 PM.

Now I know the problem. When you use installer, vanilla boot.pack is transfered in a backup folder that is created by installer. From there it is copied back when you play a vanilla game and of course after mod's uninstall. Since you didn't use the installer 2 boot packs (vanilla and NTF) were present and that caused CTD.

It is safe to remove NTF_boot.pack. Another solution is to create in data directory a folder named backup and move there the vanilla boot.pack. In this case you must not delete NTF_boot.pack.

EDIT: Please report back if you manage to start a mp game using NTF. Also if you can just try to start Italian and Egyptian campaign in mp because I have not any feed back until now.
    Last edited by husserlTW; May 31, 2010 at 04:57 PM.