Thread: Version 1.04 Grand Preview

Ozzmosis's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: CoW Team News Patch 1.4 mini preview

Awesooooome!

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Good work mates! Can't wait to DL this
    Even without your mod leader you have done a tremendous job again.
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

hick09's Avatar Miles

Will the map be enlarged as you planned?
    As I think it will be better when we keep the present size of the map because it can make different problems with script and other things

Blackomur89's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by hick09 View Post
    As I think it will be better when we keep the present size of the map because it can make different problems with script and other things
    Hmmmm.. Ok but it would be nice if whole of the Warhammer world would be there.
    2D artist for Call of Warhammer TW; 2D artist for Westeros TW; 2D artist and researcher for The Ruins of Arnor TATW sub-mod; 2D artist for Warcraft TW.

@Isilendil
    After reading your over view of the 1.4patch/expansion features a HUGE smile spread across me mug!
    I am especially pleased to read that you have made cities more advanced with more buildings, have you changed build times on any of them as well?
    I am curious what has happened to Yeoman? will he return to the mod at some time?
    As with countless other supporters I am looking forward to this new expansion, for this most enjoyable,entertaining and addictive of MTWII mods.
    Vive la CoW!

hick09's Avatar Miles

Hmmmm.. Ok but it would be nice if whole of the Warhammer world would be there.
    I mean simly increase the size of map.
    when we start to make new provincial campaign where will be new lagre map I hope.

But the Skaven ?

Blackomur89's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by aledojo View Post
    But the Skaven ?
    Please search the forums before asking something like that.
    2D artist for Call of Warhammer TW; 2D artist for Westeros TW; 2D artist and researcher for The Ruins of Arnor TATW sub-mod; 2D artist for Warcraft TW.

Illuminato's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by aledojo View Post
    But the Skaven ?
    hanno detto sul "Frequently asked questions" che non metteranno nuove razze vogliono perfezionare le fazzioni che hanno adesso

Omg i knew the black orks needed awesome air-trowing attacks
    oh and are troll gone be available to chaos? i mean lore wise it would make sense.
    Last edited by Beregond; March 13, 2010 at 01:26 PM. Reason: double post

Werebear's Avatar For Mother Russia

Quote Originally Posted by Blackomur89 View Post
    Will the map be enlarged as you planned?
    we didnt planned, if comrade did it, we can add it ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminato View Post
    oh and are troll gone be available to chaos? i mean lore wise it would make sense.
    for now we have only Stone Trolls, so only orcs

This patch seems to be a very good one.

Just like the others.

I wanted to say only one thing ... You ppl do Great job ! i salute you for you'r hard work and i think everyone shoud do that ;] .
    All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas.

Great work!

I am really happy to see this new update!

I also hope that the new update fix many of the annoying errors there are, such as buildings and events lacking descriptions and errors with the event cards, etc. Are translations going to be added in this update. For those of us who can't read Russian, it's hard to know what is happening with many events and ancillary additions and such.

I'm very excited!

Valiant Champion's Avatar Praepositus

Glad to know the next patch is imminent

BETTER PIKES
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...2#post16143112

THE PIKE WARS HAVE BEGUN!

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliaeth Chillblade View Post
    I am really happy to see this new update!

I also hope that the new update fix many of the annoying errors there are, such as buildings and events lacking descriptions and errors with the event cards, etc. Are translations going to be added in this update. For those of us who can't read Russian, it's hard to know what is happening with many events and ancillary additions and such.

I'm very excited!
    I'm sure Beregond will have a translation patch out very soon after, if not before, the release. Also, most of the CTD's happen in the English version and not in the Russian version.

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    I'm sure Beregond will have a translation patch out very soon after, if not before, the release. Also, most of the CTD's happen in the English version and not in the Russian version.
    Most CTD's happen in the English version? I fail to see how/why that could be so. Translation text is not going to to cause CTD's, and I had many CTD's before I installed the translation. Are you implying that what CTD errors there are shouldn't be a priority because in your view they only happen with the English version?

Besides, I wasn' refering to CTD's anyway. I was refering to things such as empty event cards, event cards with the text coming off the card onto the background, buildings lacking any description, etc. Bascially the general polish of the game. I think that should be more of a priority than additions of it hasn't been done.

Much as I'd like to agree with you, if the plan is to keep working on the mod long term, it's probably better for the designers to focus on adding content till they have what they want and just do what polishing they can as they go. If you focus too much on polish, you don't add content, and then once you have what feels like a polished, finished product, it can be harder to add new "unpolished" content.

Hymne der Nacht's Avatar Foederatus

Once again, a tremendous load of work is done by you, Gentlemen. Congratulations for this fine mod.
    Will we see chariots in 1.4 ?
    And will it be a self unpacking mod that can be downloaded in one piece?
    Will it be an "Easter egg"?

I think Chariots are still buggy... At least I recall that being said..

Quote Originally Posted by Mathurian View Post
    Much as I'd like to agree with you, if the plan is to keep working on the mod long term, it's probably better for the designers to focus on adding content till they have what they want and just do what polishing they can as they go. If you focus too much on polish, you don't add content, and then once you have what feels like a polished, finished product, it can be harder to add new "unpolished" content.
    I really appreciate the feedback on my post, seriously. At least someone read it

However, I doesn't matter to me if anyone but the mod team agrees with me or not. I don't require that kind of validation. I've worked on alot of mods for many games with several teams, so I can tell you about what happens to mods "long-term". Content only drives a mod so far, and this mod has plenty of it already. I'm not saying for one second they shouldn't add more. I'm only saying that I hope they aren't ignoring the error-solving, bugs, and polish for the sake of content. I know from experience that most mod teams do, because noone wants to deal with the problems that are created. You want to talk about what gets harder later? Polishing a game and correcting errors gets harder as you add more content. That should be obvious to anyone, because there is more to deal with. And another modding fact: The longer these things go without getting done, the more likely they will never get done as people lose interest, get sucked into other things, lose patience because things aren' getting fixed.. and the mod dies a quiet and lonely death like the 93% (according to Gamespy) of mods that came before it.