Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: England Expects! - British Naval Crew Mod

Default Re: England Expects! - British Naval Crew Mod

ok buddies, heres it is, i forgot to take pics, but basically:
    You can give able seamen pistols, but they dont fire them, and hold them upside down like clubs
    You can give them a cutlass as a secondary weapon (like the infantry officer), but unlike the infantry officer they wont swap to the sword during combat (boarding actions).
    I'll see what i can do, perhaps i could change an animation or something to allow use in combat, it seems its different in naval battles anyway.

In regards to the texture and model, its the commodore model i'll change.
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse

♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔'s Avatar Wyrd biõ ful ãræd

Quote Originally Posted by SPQR-Boy View Post
    ok buddies, heres it is, i forgot to take pics, but basically:
    You can give able seamen pistols, but they dont fire them, and hold them upside down like clubs
    You can give them a cutlass as a secondary weapon (like the infantry officer), but unlike the infantry officer they wont swap to the sword during combat (boarding actions).
    I'll see what i can do, perhaps i could change an animation or something to allow use in combat, it seems its different in naval battles anyway.

In regards to the texture and model, its the commodore model i'll change.
    If it don't work mate I'd leave as is. We don't want to give one crew the edge against another or it could mess things up.
    As for the model change what ever one is for the Admiral (could be commodore I just 4get)
    I just wanted to know what model your goin to use to replace it ?

I dont understand? i was gonna just use the same one you did and overwrite it. Is there something else i had to do? is it cus of the hat.... hmm... oh... umm...
    I get stuff accomplished by playing around! You need me to nominate a model??? is it not possible to jsut create a new one like you did for the marines, and i'll import him that way??
    SPQR

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &

I dont understand? i was gonna just use the same one you did and overwrite it. Is there something else i had to do? is it cus of the hat.... hmm... oh... umm...
    I get stuff accomplished by playing around! You need me to nominate a model??? is it not possible to jsut create a new one like you did for the marines, and i'll import him that way??
    SPQR
    It's just the same as adding marines mate. But like the marines you will need to add the model to the mod as it ain't in NTW & tell the game to use that model and texture.
    I know what to do but just can't do it.

I can't think of a model off the top of me head so I thought you may have an idea of one that looks like a Admiral (right hat, coat etc...)

Forgive my ignorance, but im confused. The marines you made were in no way similar to any other specific model in ETW. So likewise could you not use the model of your existing naval_officer and give him a different hat? like an officers hat? with different colours and textures etc.

CPU

Forgive my ignorance, but im confused. The marines you made were in no way similar to any other specific model in ETW. So likewise could you not use the model of your existing naval_officer and give him a different hat? like an officers hat? with different colours and textures etc.

Are you mixed up with the marines & able seamen?
    The marines use the swedish unit model with top hat from ETW the able seamen was a new model made by Ahiga.

I can't edit models so a new model from ETW will have to do.

Great mod! You should expand to include every major faction.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Quote Originally Posted by filmmakermennona View Post
    Great mod! You should expand to include every major faction.
    Yes, my Spanish campaign deserves proper marines!

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

Go on Sir Digsby, you know you want to make some sexy bicorny Spaniards!

[QUOTE=Albion Dude;7294928]Truly brilliant work. Not sure what was going through CA's minds when they decided to not change the look from ETW!!

Not much i guess just apathy and laziness....

is it preferences.script?

EDIT:
    Yes it is! This is too awesome, thank you!
    Last edited by Chewie; June 09, 2010 at 10:20 PM.

You wouldn't mind this being included in Napoleon Order of War would you old Caesar? All credit to you my fine fellow!
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

I still want my Frenchies and Spaniards.

Hear Hear!
    Last edited by ♠ Thomas Cochrane ♠; June 22, 2010 at 02:12 AM. Reason: corrected spelling

CPU

Sir Digby, excellent
    I can't see to marines from clean NTW. They are taht same as ETW.
    Your skin is great and historical
    +REP

Used your mod in my video:
    I do think you should come up with French and Spanish versions...

guys what do you think of this french crew reskin?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-Ggmbltp1w

I'm not a modder but I tried to modify the french marines, and I gave the same gunner uniform to all crew member... as you I think that NTW deserved some better crew uniforms...

nice job sir digby, I can't wait for another reskin...

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Is that a flying hand I see in one of the pictures? What blood mod is that?
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Dux_Zeugma's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Lib85 View Post
    guys what do you think of this french crew reskin?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-Ggmbltp1w

I'm not a modder but I tried to modify the french marines, and I gave the same gunner uniform to all crew member... as you I think that NTW deserved some better crew uniforms...
    Good idea Lib85 to reskin the french crew

How would I go about modding these Royal Marines to also be a recruitable land unit?
    A Mod for Med2 Kingdoms:

THERA:REDUX

Click here:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-redux

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast