View Poll Results: Favorite faction to play as so far?

Voters
366. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mordor

24 6.56%
  • Gondor

81 22.13%
  • Rohan

25 6.83%
  • Isengard

32 8.74%
  • Rhun

14 3.83%
  • Dale

15 4.10%
  • Balchoth

5 1.37%
  • Variags

7 1.91%
  • Harad

6 1.64%
  • Eriador/Men of the West

35 9.56%
  • Reunited Kingdom

33 9.02%
  • Beornings

8 2.19%
  • Dwarves of Erebor

24 6.56%
  • Dwarves of Ered Luin

8 2.19%
  • Orocarni Dwarves

25 6.83%
  • High Elves

41 11.20%
  • Galadhrim Elves

26 7.10%
  • Mirkwood Elves

21 5.74%
  • Avari Elves

31 8.47%
  • Dunlendings

6 1.64%
  • Corsairs and Outlaws

11 3.01%
  • Orcs of the Misty Mountains

5 1.37%
  • Orcs of Gundabad

5 1.37%
  • Brood of Ancalagon

6 1.64%
  • Brood of Glaurung

2 0.55%
  • Brood of Scatha

2 0.55%
  • Spawn of Ungoliant

2 0.55%
  • Creatures of the Night

2 0.55%
  • Creations of Eru

10 2.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 265 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459109 ... LastLast

Thread: Dagor Ennor (aka PCP) ~ M2TW & TATW Re-Imagined ~ 31 Factions + 32 Rebel Factions ~ MAXED Buildings/Units/Regions ~ Interact with ALL the indigenous peoples of Middle-Earth... and then terminate them with extreme prejudice.

Default Re: Perillicious Creature Mod. If anyone wants to include their opinions in the "Placement Map" then post suggestions of locations or use a picture of the map to show the locations.

The beginning of the game will consist of making your own lands safe and then capturing new rebel lands.

Then what's something like Isengard to do? It HAS no lands of it's own, and is hemmed in by everything ELSE. Whilst breaking the Silvan Elves is not necessarily a poor idea, Mordor, Harad, and Rhun have few enemies and will only prosper under such conditions as are implied by this. I'm curious to what you imagine the start to end up beig for most races, given the economy is fueled by the spoils of war. Even disregarding the direct profit from capturing towns, there's the long-term increases from having more taxes per turn.

I'm all for what you intend, but these questions burn my mind.

Default Re: Perillicious Creature Mod. If anyone wants to include their opinions in the "Placement Map" then post suggestions of locations or use a picture of the map to show the locations.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco1234 View Post
    This is turning out to be a great mod, keep up the good work! I was wondering, what program(s) do you use for the modelling and animating? I was thinking of trying my hand at some moddelling myself, but im not sure where to start.
    I prefer Maya and 3ds Max, but I have been learning how to use Milkshape for most of the modeling in this mod. One of the main reasons I am making this mod is to become familiar with Milkshape, I like to learn. Then I just touch them up with 3ds Max because it is faster and easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodly View Post
    The beginning of the game will consist of making your own lands safe and then capturing new rebel lands.

Then what's something like Isengard to do? It HAS no lands of it's own, and is hemmed in by everything ELSE. Whilst breaking the Silvan Elves is not necessarily a poor idea, Mordor, Harad, and Rhun have few enemies and will only prosper under such conditions as are implied by this. I'm curious to what you imagine the start to end up beig for most races, given the economy is fueled by the spoils of war. Even disregarding the direct profit from capturing towns, there's the long-term increases from having more taxes per turn.

I'm all for what you intend, but these questions burn my mind.
    I don't get what you are trying to say, the whole point of this mod is to make it more difficult for the factions that have it easiest so how will they prosper from this? Isengard starts with three regions, and has at least two rebel regions neighboring it. All factions start out with regions of their own as well as rebel owned regions nearby. You have to clear small rebel armies from your own lands, then capture any well defended rebel regions nearby. Basically you will be fighting lots of battles clearing rebels from the campaign map instead of immediately going straight to war with your neighbors and focusing on nothing else but destroying them. The more rebels you kill from your own lands the less income they steal from you. The reason I am making so many different rebel units is so I can spread them out all over the map to make it difficult for all factions (some more so than others). If I didn't answer your questions then please rephrase them.
    Last edited by alreadyded; June 05, 2010 at 01:50 PM.

thanks for the reply, I happen to have milkshape, so i'll try and do some modelling/animating (probably wthout success). Also, do you know any tips, guides etc. on how to make models/animations using milkshape for medieval? I know the basics of how milkshape works, but it helps to be prepared.
    Proud to be Welsh! Cymro FTW!

Let me see if I can't put my thoughts in order. Always remember that I am entirely for this in principle.

1. All starts are not equal: I fear this may do nothing to some factions, and hamstring others.

2. The AI's recruitment, money, and building are not yours: I fear this will not affect AI factions at all and will likely allow them to snap up all the rebel-held items(If only by weight of numbers) whilst you're still building up(And probably going into debt in some cases) to clean up your lands, to say nothing of expansion(As you've stated the rebels will be of sufficient quality to be a significant test).

The second is what bothers me most. The A.I already gets significant advantages over you by default, the most important of which is far more income to recruit with. Your first 25-50? turns are the most important(if you're not in a decent position by then, you're done), and this seem to only make it more important that you snatch up what you can as swiftly as possible, not less. If the desire is to slow the pace a bit, more than 'stronger rebels' may have to be done. It doesn't help that you have to spend significant time FINDING the rebel strongholds in the first place; something I've never seen the A.I having to do-it seems to know where they are outright from the start. It never wanders blind.

JorisofHolland's Avatar Primicerius

On the other hand, the AI sucks at anything but micromanaging. And this is a sub mod, so you're not forced to download it.
    The Enemy of Human Souls
    Sat grieving at the cost of coals;
    For Hell had been annexed of late,
    And was a sovereign Southern State.

@Draco

I don't know any guides as I learned how to do it by myself. As for tips I have way too many to type here. I'm sure you can find plenty of guides on this forum though, which probably have the same tips in them.

@Bloody

1. Well if a faction has it too easy then I will give them more rebels to fight or less income. Or I can always give struggling factions rewards for clearing rebels.

2. I don't see how they will "snap them up." If anything the player will have an easier time winning battles against rebels then the AI will. And if one faction clears away their rebels first then they still have other faction's rebels to deal with if they invade another faction. In any case those "default" advantages you speak of for the AI are not "default" but added into the game to help the AI out because it sucks so much. Balancing the game should not be very hard with all the various options, but I still want certain factions to have an advantage.
    Last edited by alreadyded; June 06, 2010 at 12:38 PM.

ok, thanks

Milkshape seems to be the simplest to learn how to model in, but it also lacks in availability of complex tools. If I had to go back and learn how to model all over again I would become familiar with Milkshape first, it has much less of a learning curve than Maya or 3ds Max. But for textures and animations I wouldn't even bother learning with Milkshape as it seems rather limited to me so far. 3ds Max is a good all around program but because you can do so much it may be overwhelming for a beginner. Just remember to have fun at all times (it shouldn't be "work") and do not get flustered. You get out of it what you put into it.
    Last edited by alreadyded; June 07, 2010 at 02:37 PM.

SKYKRIM's Avatar Civis

I hope this mod really takes off for you the ideas of creatures from middleearth attacking ur settlements just adds more flavor to this already fantastic mod a combination of this mod, Ozzs unit mod,RC/RR, FROME & VOA all compatible with the up & coming version 2 would be a gamers dream come true

thanks, I appreciate your help I hope this mod succeeds, I think that creatures like these really add to the game, good luck!

Ozzmosis's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by SKYKRIM View Post
    I hope this mod really takes off for you the ideas of creatures from middleearth attacking ur settlements just adds more flavor to this already fantastic mod a combination of this mod, Ozzs unit mod,RC/RR, FROME & VOA all compatible with the up & coming version 2 would be a gamers dream come true
    He said I could use his units when they are released, and I may do a FROME compatible version, so it's not too far off!

Those dragons look sweet.

Unit previews will be posted tomorrow or Wednesday, I have been busy with life.

POOOOOOOOOOOP!

Also... I posted some preview screens in the first post, will post a few more tonight probably.

They look awesome!
    DCI: Last Alliance: Unit maker. Proud member of The Imperial House of Hader

Thats some nice modelling there great job!

Default Re: ~Perillicious Creature Mod~

Hello, this is a hard job doing such creatures, so congratulations

But, I d'ont see any screens in the first post, only 4 "poor" pictures.
    May it be possible to put them here (because you say that you will, and you don't)

No pooping on the thread tc

Closed.

No one wants to see the tc crapping on his thread, do ya?

This takes a really long time.
    Last edited by Berserker1; June 23, 2010 at 02:35 PM.

I originally posted this thread to get help with my project, but I didn't find any help so I haven't really been checking this forum or updating this thread at all seeing as I have no need to. Also I am building a functional trebuchet in my backyard currently so I haven't been skinning the models, which is all that is really left to do in this mod until 2.0 is released. I want to finish the skins before I show all the units, as most modelers do. However, I am in no rush to finish or post screens seeing as I am doing everything myself, and for myself. At any rate, this mod will not be finished or released until after 2.0 has been released and patched up, and I have no idea when that is because I rarely use this forum.

I might finish my treb by the weekend, then I may do some skinning if I feel like it. Though I may be too busy launching water balloons and tennis balls at innocent passerby's.
    Last edited by alreadyded; June 24, 2010 at 12:02 AM.

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Quit being such a baby

If you have your units working with new animations and mapped I can do the skin for you. Or you could release them with a placeholder texture and I'll give them a proper one little by little. But I agree that you should probably wait for 2.0.