View Poll Results: Favorite faction to play as so far?

Voters
366. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mordor

24 6.56%
  • Gondor

81 22.13%
  • Rohan

25 6.83%
  • Isengard

32 8.74%
  • Rhun

14 3.83%
  • Dale

15 4.10%
  • Balchoth

5 1.37%
  • Variags

7 1.91%
  • Harad

6 1.64%
  • Eriador/Men of the West

35 9.56%
  • Reunited Kingdom

33 9.02%
  • Beornings

8 2.19%
  • Dwarves of Erebor

24 6.56%
  • Dwarves of Ered Luin

8 2.19%
  • Orocarni Dwarves

25 6.83%
  • High Elves

41 11.20%
  • Galadhrim Elves

26 7.10%
  • Mirkwood Elves

21 5.74%
  • Avari Elves

31 8.47%
  • Dunlendings

6 1.64%
  • Corsairs and Outlaws

11 3.01%
  • Orcs of the Misty Mountains

5 1.37%
  • Orcs of Gundabad

5 1.37%
  • Brood of Ancalagon

6 1.64%
  • Brood of Glaurung

2 0.55%
  • Brood of Scatha

2 0.55%
  • Spawn of Ungoliant

2 0.55%
  • Creatures of the Night

2 0.55%
  • Creations of Eru

10 2.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 265 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358108 ... LastLast

Thread: Dagor Ennor (aka PCP) ~ M2TW & TATW Re-Imagined ~ 31 Factions + 32 Rebel Factions ~ MAXED Buildings/Units/Regions ~ Interact with ALL the indigenous peoples of Middle-Earth... and then terminate them with extreme prejudice.

Default Re: Perillicious Creature Mod

He is actually under weight too from living on the streets, so he will definitely beef up some more.

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    Sometime this week most likely. I only work on it when I want to, so it depends on how much I want to.
    welcome back.

Ozzmosis's Avatar Domesticus

He is a bear!

Quote Originally Posted by jản View Post
    lets do a creature with the shape of your dog.
    He kinda looks like my warg model, though I modeled that long before I even found Loo.
    Last edited by alreadyded; June 02, 2010 at 03:43 PM.

Ellin Athinaios's Avatar Campidoctor

He kinda looks like my warg model, though I modeled that long before I even found Loo.
    Really? That's what your wargs look like?

Well not nearly as cute, but about the same shape. I was going for a bear/wolf look as described in the book. I made bear models too but I don't know if they will be included in the release or not. I still need to put all the rebel placement and AoR stuff in my brain on the map, after that I can see any areas lacking in rebels. If anyone wants to include their opinions in the "Placement Map" then post suggestions of locations or use a picture of the map to show the locations.
    Last edited by alreadyded; June 02, 2010 at 04:00 PM.

IrishBlood's Avatar GIVE THEM BLIZZARDS!

that dog is gonna be a BEAST once its fully grown and 'beefed' up

Well not as cute, but about the same shape.
    Hmm.

Well I think it's a very doggy shape, not fitting for wolves. But I'll wait to see it first.

Default Re: Perillicious Creature Mod if anyone wants to include their opinions in the "Placement Map" then post suggestions of locations or use a picture of the map to show the locations.

They don't look the same, just similar shaped. The wolves look like wolves, the wargs look like bearshaped-wolves. It is what it is.

Default Re: Perillicious Creature Mod. If anyone wants to include their opinions in the "Placement Map" then post suggestions of locations or use a picture of the map to show the locations.

Suggestions for your placement map:

Giant Spiders : Mirkwood (all of it). And Shelob in Cirith Ungol.
    Stone Giants : Misty Mountains, especially the High Pass (mind you, Stone Giants are not actually made of stone, they are probably man-like giants that throw boulders for fun)
    Wolves : well, everywhere to the north, and especially around Misty Mountains and Grey Mountains (will you do White Wolves too?)
    Wargs : to the west and east of the Misty Mountains, and the Grey Mountains
    Wild Orcs and Wild Goblin Archers : Misty Mountains and Grey Mountains
    Wild Trolls : Hill-trolls were actually spread in all of Middle-earth, from the Ettenmoors to Mordor, and basically anywhere with hills. Snow-trolls only to the North (Forodwaith, Angmar, Gram, Gundabad ect). And Cave-trolls only within the Misty Mountains, to show that they lived underground (incidently, Cave-trolls should be very large, with green scale-ish skin). You could also make Stone-trolls, the ones mentioned in the Hobbit, and they could be in the Trollshaws and Ettenmoors.
    Wild Mumakil :well that's pretty obvious, I think.
    Giant Bats :to the North (around the Grey Mountains)
    As for the Cold-drakes, in the North (Forodwaith, Grey Mountains ect)

By the way, did you make bears? I think the Vale of Anduin submod would be very interested in them.

They don't look the same, just similar shaped. The wolves look like wolves, the wargs look like bearshaped-wolves. It is what it is.
    Quick question - do they look more like wolves or like bears?
    Last edited by Ellin Athinaios; June 02, 2010 at 04:30 PM.

Default Re: Perillicious Creature Mod. If anyone wants to include their opinions in the "Placement Map" then post suggestions of locations or use a picture of the map to show the locations.

The warg is a huge wolf with a relatively larger head and a broad bear-like build/shape around its body. I made the warg model from my wolf model. So yes they look a lot more like wolves than bears, but they are larger than wolves. Yes I made a bear model, but I may not texture or animate it unless I need it.
    Last edited by alreadyded; June 02, 2010 at 04:44 PM.

Ozzmosis's Avatar Domesticus

If you want you could use my pygmy mumakil and white mumakil as AoR units or rebels. It could actually be useful if you were able to resize the pygmies so that they were actually smaller!

Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex

If you create normal bears and wolves, you can release them in the next VoA update which SPmods is going to release The bears can be in the standard unitroster from VoA as an AOR unit much like the ents for SE and wolves can be for OotMM as an AOR unit aswell just a thought

el Cid's Avatar Campidoctor

Might just be me, but are those spiders not too big? They are almost as big as shelob. I always imagined them to be just a little smaller than an adult man.

Quote Originally Posted by el Cid View Post
    Might just be me, but are those spiders not too big? They are almost as big as shelob. I always imagined them to be just a little smaller than an adult man.
    I do agree with el cid on this one, otherwise shelob shouldn't be so special i guess

The pics in the first post are quickly made test models for screwing around with animations, as it says just above them in the first post they are essentially crap. Pics of the real models, which are of much higher quality and detail, will be posted sometime this week (most likely).
    Last edited by alreadyded; June 03, 2010 at 03:36 PM.

The pics in the first post are quickly made test models for screwing around with animations, as it says just above them in the first post they are essentially crap. Pics of the real models, which are of much higher quality and detail, will be posted sometime this week (most likely).
    sorry read over it, well i can't wait.. very curious.. your project is quit unique on this forum

Glad to see this is still going

Please show us a preview, pretty please.

This is turning out to be a great mod, keep up the good work! I was wondering, what program(s) do you use for the modelling and animating? I was thinking of trying my hand at some moddelling myself, but im not sure where to start.
    Proud to be Welsh! Cymro FTW!