View Poll Results: Favorite faction to play as so far?

Voters
366. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mordor

24 6.56%
  • Gondor

81 22.13%
  • Rohan

25 6.83%
  • Isengard

32 8.74%
  • Rhun

14 3.83%
  • Dale

15 4.10%
  • Balchoth

5 1.37%
  • Variags

7 1.91%
  • Harad

6 1.64%
  • Eriador/Men of the West

35 9.56%
  • Reunited Kingdom

33 9.02%
  • Beornings

8 2.19%
  • Dwarves of Erebor

24 6.56%
  • Dwarves of Ered Luin

8 2.19%
  • Orocarni Dwarves

25 6.83%
  • High Elves

41 11.20%
  • Galadhrim Elves

26 7.10%
  • Mirkwood Elves

21 5.74%
  • Avari Elves

31 8.47%
  • Dunlendings

6 1.64%
  • Corsairs and Outlaws

11 3.01%
  • Orcs of the Misty Mountains

5 1.37%
  • Orcs of Gundabad

5 1.37%
  • Brood of Ancalagon

6 1.64%
  • Brood of Glaurung

2 0.55%
  • Brood of Scatha

2 0.55%
  • Spawn of Ungoliant

2 0.55%
  • Creatures of the Night

2 0.55%
  • Creations of Eru

10 2.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 57 of 265 FirstFirst ... 73247484950515253545556575859606162636465666782107157 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 5286

Thread: Dagor Ennor (aka PCP) ~ M2TW & TATW Re-Imagined ~ 31 Factions + 32 Rebel Factions ~ MAXED Buildings/Units/Regions ~ Interact with ALL the indigenous peoples of Middle-Earth... and then terminate them with extreme prejudice.

Default Re: ~ Perillicious Compilation Pack ~ (PCP) ~~~ BETA 06 RELEASED ~~~ TATW Re-imagined ~~~ Got PCP? Then give me some!

The unit cards will be done as soon as I finish the models and skins for the added human units, and also when I can find someone to do it for me .

Has anyone noticed whether the AI is doing a better job of garrisoning settlements than it does in vanilla?

Default Re: ~ Perillicious Compilation Pack ~ (PCP) ~~~ BETA 06 RELEASED ~~~ TATW Re-imagined ~~~ Got PCP? Then give me some!

You should install the files into "Sega/M2TW/Mods" folder, and overwrite all files. The directions in the first post have been corrected.

Also, if you used the dual install instructions prior to Beta 06's release, be sure to redownload THIS file and add desc_projectiles.txt to your data folder.
    Last edited by alreadyded; September 04, 2011 at 06:41 PM.

Looks nice, already testing this one.

Side note,

- Now when campaign starts more early, should people be younger and Saruman good guy?
    - Where i can find Lurtz?

What issues i have found, i know its beta, but hope this helps in bug/fix hunt

- I noticed that "Dark Lord Fraction" is gone, i dont see him anymore when i end turn or watch relations to him
    - Many new fraction gets Poland start video
    - New fractions do not have map info when you are starting a game
    - Many peasants and rome buildings (I saw that you talked about fixing them in page 51, so this text can be ignored)
    - Some fractions have poland/hungary/peasant houses Coat of arms on their "Logo" during end turn.

Thx for nice mod!

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

just wanted to say darknessjw, it's factions not fractions

Quote Originally Posted by darknessjw View Post
    Looks nice, already testing this one.

Side note,

- Now when campaign starts more early, should people be younger and Saruman good guy?
    - Where i can find Lurtz?

What issues i have found, i know its beta, but hope this helps in bug/fix hunt

- I noticed that "Dark Lord Fraction" is gone, i dont see him anymore when i end turn or watch relations to him
    - Many new fraction gets Poland start video
    - New fractions do not have map info when you are starting a game
    - Many peasants and rome buildings (I saw that you talked about fixing them in page 51, so this text can be ignored)
    - Some fractions have poland/hungary/peasant houses Coat of arms on their "Logo" during end turn.

Thx for nice mod!
    The date this campaign starts Saruman is already looking for the One Ring and plotting against the White Council. So it is about the time he turned evil and started breeding Orcs, Uruks, and Uruk-hai. Which is why Isengard is neutral at first but eventually attacks Rohan and maybe the Elves after 30-40 turns. That is how it should happen anyway .

There is no Lurtz, and Isengard has no need for more starting generals to bother adding a movie character.

The Pope faction and invasions/crusades have been removed, the game is much better off without them. Plus that made room for the Corsairs and Outlaws faction, which improves the campaign gameplay in the South quite a bit as they are a good obstacle and also a fun faction to play as.

I turned all the faction intro videos off in my game, I will not be making any anytime soon (if at all) but if someone else does they will be added. Just need a simple video is all, not a priority for me though.

The map info when selecting factions will be added eventually.

The buildings should all be fixed, so notify me if any are not. Unit cards will be finished when unit textures are done.

New faction symbols are currently being made by Louis Lux and will be added when finished.
    Last edited by alreadyded; September 13, 2011 at 06:38 PM.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: ~ Perillicious Compilation Pack ~ (PCP) ~~~ BETA 05 RELEASED ~~~ Recruiting skinners, coders, scripters, and Beta testers! ~~~ Got PCP? Then give me some!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodly View Post
    You want to check your voice set up. Silvan and High Elves sound like Orcs. Galadrim are voiceless.
    I will take a look at it during the weekend to see if I can help alreadyded on the issue

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Dunedain Ranger's Avatar Civis

Im gonna give this mod a try. Looks very interesting. +Rep for your work.

Here is version 1 of the expanded map, it will be in Beta 07 along with the Orocarni Dwarves (North-East corner).

Moneybags14's Avatar Ordinarius

Glad to see your still going at it Alreadyded!

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

This new version will make things harder for the good guys. Cool map!

alreadyded I admire you for your patience and perseverance in making all of these submods despite the seemingly lack of interest by the general community. I deserve you the best of luck. Here are some ideas in regards of what I've always thought TATW lacks:
    For example the map has always looked a bit empty IMO. This brings Resources for example...
    weedpipe in hobbit lands is only a pipe, shouldn't it be a little town with a workshop, with a pipe in the floor so the player can identify..oh that location produces pipes for my hobbits to get high!
    watchtower is only a tower... shouldn-t it be kind of a complex like a small fort with a tower and a few houses? I believe this would represent a small local organized force which remains vigilant and informs of this to your lands about anything.
    what about other resources such as iron? iron right now is only a few blocks of black material, while this should perhaps be small mountains with red or small foundries or whatever.
    resources aren't objects IMO, resources are places with people/orcs/dwarfs/elfs resources should look alive, not inanimate bland plain objects, but small towns and camps and workshops, etc.

The other ideas are in regards of buildings and overall building tiers:
    when you capture a town you have no problem developing it since you can use whatever the AI left to you and convert in a few turns. Also it's kinda silly to see you developing farmlands as if it depended on you as the lord. All creatures have to feed, and if you as the lord finance the place or not, they're gonna farm anyways. It seems as if crops are the only food available as well (for human factions at least), where's the livestock? where's the vegetables and fruits? where's the olives? where's all the workshops and bakeries and all the food supply chain? Currently there's a very very very simplistic thing of representing all of this through the current building tiers. Also where are the luxury things for the nobles and such?

Another building could be great pastures needed to maintain the horses of the rohirrim, the Nobles' horses pastures, and the military horse pastures (rohirrim are professional troops in the lore). Pastures would complement stables increasing availability of mounted rohirrim, increase happiness but decrease space needed for farmlands, increase trade, and perhaps influence traits or ancillaries... "raiser of horses" "horsebreeder"

okay too many things, I should post this on war of the silmarils and see if someone among the fabulous coders could implement these kind of ideas...
    DCI: Last Alliance: Unit maker. Proud member of The Imperial House of Hader

sanderman2's Avatar Centenarius

Well i got 0.6 already and when i play like 25 turns almost nothing has changed on the map nobody does anything the gameplay should be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Memory View Post
    alreadyded I admire you for your patience and perseverance in making all of these submods despite the seemingly lack of interest by the general community. I deserve you the best of luck. Here are some ideas in regards of what I've always thought TATW lacks:
    For example the map has always looked a bit empty IMO. This brings Resources for example...
    weedpipe in hobbit lands is only a pipe, shouldn't it be a little town with a workshop, with a pipe in the floor so the player can identify..oh that location produces pipes for my hobbits to get high!
    watchtower is only a tower... shouldn-t it be kind of a complex like a small fort with a tower and a few houses? I believe this would represent a small local organized force which remains vigilant and informs of this to your lands about anything.
    what about other resources such as iron? iron right now is only a few blocks of black material, while this should perhaps be small mountains with red or small foundries or whatever.
    resources aren't objects IMO, resources are places with people/orcs/dwarfs/elfs resources should look alive, not inanimate bland plain objects, but small towns and camps and workshops, etc.

The other ideas are in regards of buildings and overall building tiers:
    when you capture a town you have no problem developing it since you can use whatever the AI left to you and convert in a few turns. Also it's kinda silly to see you developing farmlands as if it depended on you as the lord. All creatures have to feed, and if you as the lord finance the place or not, they're gonna farm anyways. It seems as if crops are the only food available as well (for human factions at least), where's the livestock? where's the vegetables and fruits? where's the olives? where's all the workshops and bakeries and all the food supply chain? Currently there's a very very very simplistic thing of representing all of this through the current building tiers. Also where are the luxury things for the nobles and such?

Another building could be great pastures needed to maintain the horses of the rohirrim, the Nobles' horses pastures, and the military horse pastures (rohirrim are professional troops in the lore). Pastures would complement stables increasing availability of mounted rohirrim, increase happiness but decrease space needed for farmlands, increase trade, and perhaps influence traits or ancillaries... "raiser of horses" "horsebreeder"

okay too many things, I should post this on war of the silmarils and see if someone among the fabulous coders could implement these kind of ideas...
    I plan on modding the watchtowers so they are shown on the battlemap. We shall see what comes of it, but I will make it realistic.

I will consider adding AOR economy buildings, like livestock and olives, etc. I would need an even amount for each faction though, or an even amount spread over the map. This really messes with the balance so it it will not be until I get everything else sorted. I have already thought of adding luxury item buildings in certain cities that relate to the factions, but it will not be for awhile if ever. Just no time to do it with everything else going on, and I have no coders or 2d artists to do the buildings. Right now there are lots of buildings to choose from and they all balance out so I don't want to open up that can of worms again just yet, I am burnt out on it.

Quote Originally Posted by sanderman2 View Post
    Well i got 0.6 already and when i play like 25 turns almost nothing has changed on the map nobody does anything the gameplay should be better.
    The gameplay is designed to be drawn out. It should take you and the AI about 10-20 turns to capture a settlement in the beginning. That way you and the AI can't just sweep through Middle-Earth and conquer everything with one army. Just keep playing another 25 turns and you will see the pace will quicken as factions grow. Then the big wars between factions start as the rebels die out. If you want instant action wait until I release the Late campaigns with 1.0, that is what they are designed for as I enjoy both styles of gameplay.
    Last edited by alreadyded; September 20, 2011 at 12:26 AM.

Ciloron's Avatar Vicarius

Great, but what is the red-white faction near Harad?

Quote Originally Posted by xIN1C0 View Post
    Great, but what is the red-white faction near Harad?
    I gave the Spawn of Ungoliant faction a couple regions in the Southern jungles. They are just there for testing purposes right now. If the Variags have enough to do without them there I might remove them. I have to finish up land bridges before I can play some games and update the balance.

I followed your instructions and when i choose a faction from the forth age campaign it redirected me on the menu. what am i doing wrong?? can you help me??

Ciloron's Avatar Vicarius

Maybe add some ungoliant in mirkwood?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Hi everybody!
    Got a beta done now for the elven voices.

It should work out without a problem. At worst it should mean that some M2-sounds sneaked back into the game - while I assume these sounds only now are packed into the event.idx and .dat meant for situations not occuring in TATW (with submods) that should still be keept an ear out for, so that I may correct such flaws. Thus, a beta: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ICA1HNXE
    Extract it into mods/Third_Age_PCP and your game. Should be save game-compatible.

Hope it works out fine Please report back either way!

regards Ngugi
    Last edited by Ngugi; September 22, 2011 at 10:48 AM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Koslab View Post
    I followed your instructions and when i choose a faction from the forth age campaign it redirected me on the menu. what am i doing wrong?? can you help me??
    Did you delete map.rwm, and if you use vista/7 did you also delete it in appdata/local/virtualstore/programfiles/SEGA/MedievalIITotalWar/mods/data/world/base?

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

I installed the beta elven voices, now my game does't start