View Poll Results: Favorite faction to play as so far?

Voters
366. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mordor

24 6.56%
  • Gondor

81 22.13%
  • Rohan

25 6.83%
  • Isengard

32 8.74%
  • Rhun

14 3.83%
  • Dale

15 4.10%
  • Balchoth

5 1.37%
  • Variags

7 1.91%
  • Harad

6 1.64%
  • Eriador/Men of the West

35 9.56%
  • Reunited Kingdom

33 9.02%
  • Beornings

8 2.19%
  • Dwarves of Erebor

24 6.56%
  • Dwarves of Ered Luin

8 2.19%
  • Orocarni Dwarves

25 6.83%
  • High Elves

41 11.20%
  • Galadhrim Elves

26 7.10%
  • Mirkwood Elves

21 5.74%
  • Avari Elves

31 8.47%
  • Dunlendings

6 1.64%
  • Corsairs and Outlaws

11 3.01%
  • Orcs of the Misty Mountains

5 1.37%
  • Orcs of Gundabad

5 1.37%
  • Brood of Ancalagon

6 1.64%
  • Brood of Glaurung

2 0.55%
  • Brood of Scatha

2 0.55%
  • Spawn of Ungoliant

2 0.55%
  • Creatures of the Night

2 0.55%
  • Creations of Eru

10 2.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Dagor Ennor (aka PCP) ~ M2TW & TATW Re-Imagined ~ 31 Factions + 32 Rebel Factions ~ MAXED Buildings/Units/Regions ~ Interact with ALL the indigenous peoples of Middle-Earth... and then terminate them with extreme prejudice.

Default Re: Dagor Ennor (aka PCP) ~ M2TW & TATW Re-Imagined ~ 31 Factions + 32 Rebel Factions ~ MAXED Buildings/Units/Regions ~ Interact with ALL the indigenous peoples of Middle-Earth... and then terminate them with extreme prejudice.

Caras Galadhon has been besieged by OotMM, and, when I sallied out to meet them, I have been surprised to find out that my capital town does not show up as Caras Galadhon from the vanilla TATW, but a huge city with walls, as you can see from the pictures:http://imgur.com/a/UZNIf

Do those two files which I have renamed (shared.SD and strategy.SD) have something to do with this?
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Default Re: Dagor Ennor (aka PCP) ~ M2TW & TATW Re-Imagined ~ 31 Factions + 32 Rebel Factions ~ MAXED Buildings/Units/Regions ~ Interact with ALL the indigenous peoples of Middle-Earth... and then terminate them with extreme prejudice.

That is a ITWE culture/faction assignment thing, I'll get it fixed for the upcoming UI update. The UI stuff only affects text and images, well it should anyway.

TBH, I do not mind it ATM, since it is not some game breaking bug or something (like the UI glitch ! ).
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Ya but I am running out of game breaking bugs, so time to start focusing on the smaller things. Also if I was playing that would annoy me, so I am fixing it for me really.

I have such a headache trying to re-install this game. Ever since I replaced my computer, no success. I get to having TATW installed and working, but when I install PCP I get the quick exit upon startup, no error message. One question, Elvenkind references the "Third_Age_Installer", what is this? I don't see anything with that name.

forget it, found the file
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellenpure View Post
    I have such a headache trying to re-install this game. Ever since I replaced my computer, no success. I get to having TATW installed and working, but when I install PCP I get the quick exit upon startup, no error message. One question, Elvenkind references the "Third_Age_Installer", what is this? I don't see anything with that name.

I highly suggest the installation directions be revised. The first line reads:

"Copy, paste, and rename your Third_Age_3 folder to have this mod alongside others."

What does this mean? Copy the entire folder? Paste it where? Rename it what?

Quote Originally Posted by Kellenpure View Post
    forget it, found the file

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Copy the entire Third_Age_3-folder, yes.
    To the same folder (...Medieval II Total War/mods).
    Rename it whatever, it just can't have same name obviously.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...erent-submods)

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

This latest patch is not save game compatible in my experience. Loaded my 3rd age high elves turn 270 save file to find I was rohan! All the factions had been switched (the Reunited Kingdom appeared as if it was a 4th age game) in the save file--and in all earlier save files, too.

Starting a new game fixed the faction problem. So be warned if you've got a great game on the go. It's better to finish it rather than apply this newest 3rd and 4th age patch.

During game play with the most recent ui patches other than the 3rd and 4th age patch I just installed, I did experience a graphical glitch at turn 250. It was the only one and I saved the game at that point, but with this newest patch I don't think the save file will be useful. If you want it I'll provide it, though.

I also experienced CTDs at random points in the campaign window. The game would instantly crash to desktop without warning as I flipped through city windows or clicked on build items. Perhaps 6 in all of 270 turns, beginning around turn 160. So there is still something affecting stability, although it is much less of a concern below turn 300. Stability after turn 300 is what I'm really interested in, so I'm frustrated this newest patch has messed with my save files. Oh well, perhaps it's an opportunity to test another faction.

No problems with battles at all.

After installing the newest 3rd and 4th age patch I found my set of modified .sd files and new set of .sd files in the ui folder. I deleted my old shared2.sd and strategy2.sd files and then changed the new shared.sd and strategy.sd files names to shared2.sd and strategy2.sd. Is this still necessary in the newest 3rd age and 4th age patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyee View Post
    This latest patch is not save game compatible in my experience. Loaded my 3rd age high elves turn 270 save file to find I was rohan! All the factions had been switched (the Reunited Kingdom appeared as if it was a 4th age game) in the save file--and in all earlier save files, too.

Starting a new game fixed the faction problem. So be warned if you've got a great game on the go. It's better to finish it rather than apply this newest 3rd and 4th age patch.

During game play with the most recent ui patches other than the 3rd and 4th age patch I just installed, I did experience a graphical glitch at turn 250. It was the only one and I saved the game at that point, but with this newest patch I don't think the save file will be useful. If you want it I'll provide it, though.

I also experienced CTDs at random points in the campaign window. The game would instantly crash to desktop without warning as I flipped through city windows or clicked on build items. Perhaps 6 in all of 270 turns, beginning around turn 160. So there is still something affecting stability, although it is much less of a concern below turn 300. Stability after turn 300 is what I'm really interested in, so I'm frustrated this newest patch has messed with my save files. Oh well, perhaps it's an opportunity to test another faction.

No problems with battles at all.

After installing the newest 3rd and 4th age patch I found my set of modified .sd files and new set of .sd files in the ui folder. I deleted my old shared2.sd and strategy2.sd files and then changed the new shared.sd and strategy.sd files names to shared2.sd and strategy2.sd. Is this still necessary in the newest 3rd age and 4th age patch?
    My bad, only the First Age one is saved game compatible. I re-ordered the descr_sm_factions.txt file in the data folder for 3rd/4th Age so they could share a menu file. Rename the new one and just put your old pre UI patch one in and load your game so the order is correct in your save.

As for the UI, I still need to release a bunch more stuff that I converted. A lot had 24 bit instead of 32 bit, this is a big no no. So hopefully that will resolve it.
    Last edited by alreadyded; August 27, 2017 at 05:59 PM.

Hello all, I'm making this post because I need some help. Something in the PCP installer is broken for me, and I can't fix it. I'm quite good with computers, and I know how to install med 2 mod files just fine, which is why this is so frustrating. I had an issue and had to reinstall PCP, but now every time I try, it launches vanilla Third Age, and crashes before it gets off of the logo screen, seconds after launching.

I originally did have it installed and working ok, then I had the issue I mentioned, which I'll briefly explain. I went and tried to change the name of the folder so I could also have a vanilla third age install, and made a simple mistake in editing the .bat file. When I launched the game, it was vanilla Med 2, and my computer generated a new third age folder from scratch, and for some reason also transfered the files from my original PCP folder to that one. So then when I deleted what I thought was a duplicate folder, it actually deleted all of the PCP mod files(except for my saves, thank goodness)

So I thought, no big deal, I'll reinstall. A day later, and I have now reinstalled 4 times with no success. I do things in the following order: Reinstall Third Age vanilla with 3.2 patch, use the PCP cleaner on the fresh install, install the PCP core files, then the third age campaign files, then the first age UI fix, and finally the third/fourth age UI fixes last. This is how I installed it originally and it worked fine, but now it always results in the crash mentioned above. I have tried both reinstalling just third age, and completely reinstalling medieval 2 from scratch. Only the PCP install has this problem, I can install vanilla third age just fine and play it, and my install of Divide and Conquer works just fine. I think it has something to do with your installer, and the unusual packedfiles system you use.

I will also mention that every time I reinstall, I use freshly unzipped installers. I have all the .zip files on my computer already. When I run the installers again after a recent install, instead of giving me the normal install option of choosing a filepath after unpacking, they give me an option to modify, repair or remove the apparently already installed files. If I click modify followed by install, it installs to Program Files (x86) and creates a new Third Age folder, giving me no option to change the filepath. So what I do is the remove files option, then run the installers again, and then do the normal process of choosing the steam filepath to install over Third_Age_3. I think something is getting lost in the process of unpacking the files or something, causing the game to crash on startup.

So I'm just wondering if anybody here has come across a similar problem and knows how to fix it, or if not, if anybody could maybe make a zip of a fresh install with the Third Age campaigns set to main, with the appropriate UI fix, and upload it to mega or something, so that I can just download, unzip and paste it into the mods folder directly. I really wanna try this mod out to get a break from DAC, so I hope somebody here can help me out. Thanks for your time

EDIT
    I have discovered the source of the problem! After fiddling around with a few more installs, I tried doing the basic install and then copy files over method, and realized that the PCP Core Files Setup and Third Age Campaigns installers don't actually unpack anything to the target location! I have no idea why this is occurring, but I have uninstalled them from programs and features and deleted the files I had saved. I just need to know if theres any other files they install and what registry entries they create, and I can try clearing my computer of all entries of them and trying to reinstall again. I think this may work if somebody can give me the info
    Last edited by Elite KryPtik; August 30, 2017 at 07:35 AM.

You can always use the free version of CCleaner, which has a Registry Cleaner.

When you wish to remove/uninstall PCP, you can not just delete it the old way, since this Installer, which alreadyded uses now, unpacks the files to your User files prior to installing them.

You have to go to your Control Panel/ Programs and Features - locate alreadyded`s files and uninstall them from there.

I have learned that the hard way as well.

They make a registry entry that tells your PC the installer has been installed, I set it up not to but certain versions of windows do not care (may be dependent on where you install it). The installers only contain files/folders for the mod folder, they do not install anything outside of Third_Age_3 (or whatever) folder. It does unpack temp files so it can unpack the rest, these should be deleted automatically unless Windows security stops it.

The installer could be bugged, usually downloading it again fixes problems if they are caused by the installer, so if that didn't help I don't know what will. It sounds bugged to me, if you already had it installed it should ask to modify/repair/remove instead of do nothing. Try unpacking directly to C drive or a different drive, to avoid windows BS getting in the way is what I do when dealing with windows vista/8+. If you are using Win 7 then I am clueless.
    Last edited by alreadyded; August 30, 2017 at 01:38 PM.

I am using windows 7, and I have tried everything which you both said, including fresh downloads and uninstalling from control panel. I have everything totally uninstalled now, and I will download fresh installers, but I want to make sure my pc is totally clean first. I know something is leftover because when I install vanilla Third Age, the shortcut launch icon is the PCP one instead of the vanilla Ring one. So are there ANY files that might be leftover after uninstallation, or any registry entries? I know how to navigate my computer completely(I used to be a tech support guy) I just need to know where the remaining files are, and what path they would be under in the registry. Thanks for the response!

Finally managed to get it working by uninstalling everything, deleting all third age and PCP launchers, redownloading and reinstalling everything. Phew, that was annoying :S

Edit: So I've played a bit now, having great fun! I wanted to let you know though that Rohan is really crash prone. Theres a bunch of units and buildings that cause immediate ctd if you check their information scrolls, I can try and get a comprehensive list for you if you need it. Beyond this, I was curious if you have any plans to change the 3 dragon factions, because I feel like they're impossibly OP right now. If you nerfed their movement speed to universally be just a bit slower than cavalry that would help a lot, they close the distance so fast it would probably be impossible to get any shots at them with siege or archers to lower their numbers.

I guess I'll post any more bugs if I find em, I don't know how many you know of already so forgive me if I repeat anything you know
    Last edited by Elite KryPtik; September 03, 2017 at 10:30 AM.

I fixed all the UI images already I just haven't released them yet out of laziness really, I was going to last week, not positive it will fix your problem though. I will release it once I get some more stuff done with the BAIs and I need to replace z3n's CAI and make a new one because it isn't working. Replacing that CAI is my main priority now, anyone using it is going to have a messed up game and therefore can't give useful feedback on gameplay.

Give feedback on balancing and I will balance, I am aware it needs improving but without spending the time testing it myself (I have other things to test now) I don't know specifics to balance. But yes I will probably slow the creatures down a bit across the board, I have some stuff in the to do list, the dragons at least are supposed to be OP though and should be avoided if possible (they are rare and only in certain parts of the map) since it fits the lore. Wolves and more common stuff like that should be easy enough to kill and fairly balanced. The speeds are a animation thing mainly though and I plan to update them all when I finish the new models. They are supposed to be faster than horses but not much, and the bigger they are the faster they are. Battle balance is my next priority, after I get the optional BAI stuff all sorted so I can add as many as I want. I was actually going to make a post for people to start reporting on it since I haven't gotten feedback on it for awhile.

My priority for battle balancing is all rebel/merc and creature units. The more common the unit the higher the priority. So any feedback on them will get used soon enough, any other feedback will get added to my list and put to use eventually.

Edit; I just looked at vanilla's UI files for Rohan and most were done wrong, many in various ways. One even has the wrong bit depth, which is really bad in any game engine. So my updated ones may fix it.
    Last edited by alreadyded; September 03, 2017 at 06:22 PM.

Sounds good! I can tell you that I think the wolves are perfect right now, they are extremely deadly vs cav cus they're faster than them and have a bonus vs them, but they get wrecked by spears and archers, so I think they're great. For the Dragons, I didn't mean the giant boss dragons, I meant the common young and adult ones that are almost man-sized. Those are actually a bit faster in some cases than the big ones, and combined with their high stats and numbers, I think they're arguably more dangerous than the big ones. Since the big ones have such small numbers, I figure they'd get wrecked by ballistae or focused javelin/archer barrages. I haven't directly fought against them yet, but I know how OP they are from playing a Brood of Ancalagon campaign. I'll make a large, in depth report once I make more progress in my Rohan and Avari campaigns

Also, at the beginning of the campaigns where you choose between the 5 options, I always choose decline on all 5, just so you know what my campaign plays like
    If I could give a suggestion for the rebel units, I think it would feel a lot more accurate and be more fun if all the rebel towns in civilized lands weren't basically just filled with wolves. It would be better to have them inhabited by rebel bandits or something imo.

EDIT:
    So here are all my thoughts so far
    Firstly, can you scale back how easy it is to get evil traits as good factions? Even releasing all the prisoners I take all the time, Theoden has still somehow ended up a Warlord of Terror. He isn't the Witch King!
    Secondly, Isengard getting 2 free stacks after you take them out is ridiculous. Its just unfair artificial difficulty. I would much rather them start with a bunch of troops or money to make them an actual, real challenge instead of giving them 2 free stacks after they're defeated.
    Thirdly, the balance seems really off. The elites of Isengard got wrecked by an army of Helmingas and Riddermark Axemen, recruited from Helms Deep and Edoras. I didn't have to put any money into any military buildings at all. Dunlands entire roster is garbage, worse than orcs. I think you should consider looking at Divide and Conquers unit stat balance for the non-monster factions, they've hit a good mark I think
    Fourth, would it be possible to add better detailed explanations for certain things? One really big one is Special Abilities, which right now I have no idea what they do. Another one that would be nice would be an actual numerically specified range for Archers/Javelins/Siege Equipment/Ranged Monsters.
    Fifth, do towers need to cost 200? I think they are really only worth at most 50.

Also, 1 bug, the Vampire Bats cause immediate ctd(at least for me)

Hope it helps
    Last edited by Elite KryPtik; September 04, 2017 at 12:37 PM.

lakota's Avatar Libertus

Upgrading harad cities to huge causes the cities to disappear from the map, but you can still click on them and stuff. Visual bug

I have a turn 150 save of my Rohan campaign, how can I upload it here for you to look at? I have directly defeated the Dunlendings and Isengard, and took most of the regions belonging to the Creatures of Night. I have not directly intervened anywhere else on the map, its purely been AI on AI action. For the 5 choices it asks you at the campaign start, I declined all 5. Let me know how to get you the file, I could email it to you if you want