View Poll Results: Favorite faction to play as so far?

Voters
366. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mordor

24 6.56%
  • Gondor

81 22.13%
  • Rohan

25 6.83%
  • Isengard

32 8.74%
  • Rhun

14 3.83%
  • Dale

15 4.10%
  • Balchoth

5 1.37%
  • Variags

7 1.91%
  • Harad

6 1.64%
  • Eriador/Men of the West

35 9.56%
  • Reunited Kingdom

33 9.02%
  • Beornings

8 2.19%
  • Dwarves of Erebor

24 6.56%
  • Dwarves of Ered Luin

8 2.19%
  • Orocarni Dwarves

25 6.83%
  • High Elves

41 11.20%
  • Galadhrim Elves

26 7.10%
  • Mirkwood Elves

21 5.74%
  • Avari Elves

31 8.47%
  • Dunlendings

6 1.64%
  • Corsairs and Outlaws

11 3.01%
  • Orcs of the Misty Mountains

5 1.37%
  • Orcs of Gundabad

5 1.37%
  • Brood of Ancalagon

6 1.64%
  • Brood of Glaurung

2 0.55%
  • Brood of Scatha

2 0.55%
  • Spawn of Ungoliant

2 0.55%
  • Creatures of the Night

2 0.55%
  • Creations of Eru

10 2.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 20 of 265 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829304570120 ... LastLast

Thread: Dagor Ennor (aka PCP) ~ M2TW & TATW Re-Imagined ~ 31 Factions + 32 Rebel Factions ~ MAXED Buildings/Units/Regions ~ Interact with ALL the indigenous peoples of Middle-Earth... and then terminate them with extreme prejudice.

Default Re: ~Perillicious Creature Mod~ Recruiting help to balance the new units!

Having units swoop down and attack, or just fly above and be a terror unit are both impossible in this game. In the books the Fell Beasts didn't really attack at all, they were mostly just transport. A few attacked Faramir, but they didn't dive straight down to do it like eagles do. And one attacked Theoden and Eowyn from the ground. The Fell Beast is based off of a pterosaur, which was very capable of fighting on the ground. Just imagine a large velociraptor that can move just as fast on the ground and also fly!

So they, along with the bats, will just hover right above human sized units if everything looks okay, and I will make them fast and constantly charge.

The bats have a reason, I had no other rebel units to use for the Lindon area so it made sense. Otherwise I would not have included them.

Yes, their knees bend.
    Last edited by alreadyded; September 06, 2010 at 03:40 PM.

Ceasar Gubius's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: ~Perillicious Creature Mod~ Recruiting help to balance the new units!

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    Having units swoop down and attack, or just fly above and be a terror unit are both impossible in this game. In the books the Fell Beasts didn't really attack at all, they were mostly just transport. A few attacked Faramir, but they didn't dive straight down to do it like eagles do. And one attacked Theoden and Eowyn from the ground. The Fell Beast is based off of a pterosaur, which was very capable of fighting on the ground.

So they, along with the bats, will just hover right above human sized units if everything looks okay, and I will make them fast and constantly charge.

The bats have a reason, I had no other rebel units to use for the Lindon area so it made sense. Otherwise I would not have included them.

Yes, their knees bend.
    Ah, I see, and I did find a pic online of a Pterosaur fighting on the ground . So I could understand that... Could you make it to where it fights on the ground but travels acrossed the battlefield by air?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

As for bats, I suggested a while back that Wild Boar could replace them . Animation would be easier, and reference is actually given to them being in Eriador in the books (Aragorn refered to them). I mean Bats would be cool, but Wild Boar would seem like a more logical solution for Lindon and much of Eriador ...

Finally, for something completly unrelated, are you gonna make some of the dragons breath fire?
    RTR RULES!!!!

The closest I can do is have them hover a few meters/yards off of the ground and attack with their jaws and claws which should look nice. I will probably go with whatever works and looks best. I can make a dive animation but units cannot move vertical, only horizontal on the battlefield.

I already made wild boars but I don't know if I will include them in the campaign because they are nuetral not "evil." Neutral units are not a priority.

But once I am done adding everything on the first post then I will decide what to do next.

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyman View Post
    the TATW team should totally make this part of the main mod. sod fighting axe militia for my new settlements, i want to duel drakes.
    though you realise this mod does give elves an advantage, they're starting units are sooooo much tougher than the other factions pussies.
    I am overhauling the recruitment system and the starting positions. There are some details on it a couple pages back. If I can find it I will post it on the front page.

Default Re: ~Perillicious Creature Mod~

So instead of the barracks event I want to make all the units in game recruit-able in the beginning at all the stone wall cities/castles, but the recruitment times, availability times, and prices will be increased for the later units. Then as you upgrade your city/castle the recruitment times, availability times, and prices will be decreased a little. Then the barracks event happens and building the barracks dramatically lowers the recruitment times and prices for the units that it can normally recruit.

Basically I want to work around the barracks event and balance the unit recruitment depending on how good/expensive the units are until the barracks event happens. This would mean you could use all the units during the whole game, but you would need to be more careful with certain units because they are rarer, not just more expensive.

I think it seems more realistic and would add more immersion and challenge to the game. I am posting this idea here in case anyone can think of any problems which may arise from doing this. I haven’t spent much time dwelling on it.
    Here it is.

All of the fire drakes breathe fire.
    Last edited by alreadyded; September 06, 2010 at 04:13 PM.

Ellin Athinaios's Avatar Campidoctor

The closest I can do is have them hover a few meters/yards off of the ground and attack with their jaws and claws which should look nice. I will probably go with whatever works and looks best. I can make a dive animation but units cannot move vertical, only horizontal on the battlefield.
    Can you do the same for the giant bats?

Also, the Eagles are worth adding.

The bats will definitely be hovering with wings flapping with a very large charge distance to keep them constantly on the move. The Fell Beasts may be the same, or they may be on the ground. I will probably do one of each and choose which is best, or maybe just use both.
    Last edited by alreadyded; September 06, 2010 at 04:25 PM.

Fable's Avatar Tiro

The bats will definitely be hovering with wings flapping with a very large charge distance to keep them constantly on the move. The Fell Beasts may be the same, or they may be on the ground. I will probably do one of each and choose which is best, or maybe just use both.
    Eagles are actually a neat suggestion

there were giants in the misty mountains according to the hobbit if i remember rightly

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

You should concentrate on the thing that's the most finished then release it, then do the next finished thing and release it, and so on... because I'm sick of drooling over this AWESOME stuff.... have some rep!
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

Amon Amarth 930's Avatar Artifex

To my mind a complete Version with all features is quite better.

Third Age Member (Fellowship-Scripter)
    Under the Patronage of MasterBigAb

Some pics of the Blue Drakes having a nice picnic.

Ellin Athinaios's Avatar Campidoctor

Awesome!

Will of your dragons walk on four legs, have wings and breathe fire?

Very nice blue drakes there?
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

All of the fire drakes breathe fire and walk on four legs. Some have wings, but none of them will fly. Winged drakes still preferred to fight on the ground in Tolkien's work, they could do a lot more damage that way.
    Last edited by alreadyded; September 07, 2010 at 03:32 PM.

Whooo, yeah!

I originally planned to release an open beta with all the creatures for custom battles while I work on putting them in the campaign. However, this is no longer a single man's hobby. There are others who have, or plan to put in just as much work (or more) as me so I have to take that into consideration. Seriously, this mod is going to be much much better than even I thought, and I had very high expectations for myself. The info in the first post doesn't even do it justice anymore. So I will have to discuss it with them in the work group. Makes no difference to me either way when or how it is released (seeing as I already have it), so I defer to them. Amon Amarth is THE scripter, so if you want scripted missions and such in the first release then the release date is completely up to him.

Doesn't really matter right now anyway, because we are all still waiting for my lazy ass to finish balancing the stats. And it is not something I enjoy doing so I am taking my sweet ass time.
    Last edited by alreadyded; September 07, 2010 at 04:40 PM.

Fable's Avatar Tiro

Hey alreadyded looking good?
    2 questions:
    1. will the cold drakes walk on 4 legs too?
    2. Are you planning to animate thier tails too? (seems that the blue drakes back body was plain stiff)

Yes and yes.

It says in the first post which have 4, 2, or 0 legs. If it doesn't say
    (front claws only) or (no claws) than it has four. Most have four.
    Last edited by alreadyded; September 08, 2010 at 01:00 PM.

Well I have absolutely no idea why I took these screen shots, though I am quite inebriated so that probably had something to do with it. Might as well post them here to give myself a reason though, you guys lucked out . This is the NEW Plated Red Drake Patriarch (I trashed the old one), he breathes fire and has insane armor stats (for obvious reasons). Skins will be a dark blood red.

Is anyone on this forum good at translating words from any language into Quendi? I want to translate these drake names so they don't sound so... English.
    Last edited by alreadyded; September 09, 2010 at 02:13 AM.