View Poll Results: Favorite faction to play as so far?

Voters
366. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mordor

24 6.56%
  • Gondor

81 22.13%
  • Rohan

25 6.83%
  • Isengard

32 8.74%
  • Rhun

14 3.83%
  • Dale

15 4.10%
  • Balchoth

5 1.37%
  • Variags

7 1.91%
  • Harad

6 1.64%
  • Eriador/Men of the West

35 9.56%
  • Reunited Kingdom

33 9.02%
  • Beornings

8 2.19%
  • Dwarves of Erebor

24 6.56%
  • Dwarves of Ered Luin

8 2.19%
  • Orocarni Dwarves

25 6.83%
  • High Elves

41 11.20%
  • Galadhrim Elves

26 7.10%
  • Mirkwood Elves

21 5.74%
  • Avari Elves

31 8.47%
  • Dunlendings

6 1.64%
  • Corsairs and Outlaws

11 3.01%
  • Orcs of the Misty Mountains

5 1.37%
  • Orcs of Gundabad

5 1.37%
  • Brood of Ancalagon

6 1.64%
  • Brood of Glaurung

2 0.55%
  • Brood of Scatha

2 0.55%
  • Spawn of Ungoliant

2 0.55%
  • Creatures of the Night

2 0.55%
  • Creations of Eru

10 2.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 265 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752102 ... LastLast

Thread: Dagor Ennor (aka PCP) ~ M2TW & TATW Re-Imagined ~ 31 Factions + 32 Rebel Factions ~ MAXED Buildings/Units/Regions ~ Interact with ALL the indigenous peoples of Middle-Earth... and then terminate them with extreme prejudice.

Default Re: Perillicious Creature Mod

What I meant to say was 'spider or dragon' no half spider, half dragon. That really wouldn't fit the mod though you're free to do what you want.

Also, if you care about the lore, I would advise against double headed trolls as they're very Warcraft-esque.

Well I don't want to make young and adult sized trolls. It just doesn't feel right for trolls, but maybe that is just me. Any better ideas? Feel free to post them.

As for the spider/dragon remark, never the less you made me think up a giant praying mantis looking spider. Not something I would want to run into, but for now I am only making what is list in the first post.
    Last edited by alreadyded; May 06, 2010 at 06:37 PM.

If you want a different kind of troll and also something that borders on fan fiction yet is implied by the lore you could go for snow trolls.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Or since you already mentioned wolves, white (polar?) wolves from the north attacked the Shire during the fell winder and could even be seen during the War of The Ring. Having these creatures lurk around the Grey Mountains and northern Eriador during winter could be nasty (and fun).

But I guess I'm talking more about textures here than models, eh?
    Last edited by Jean=A=Luc; May 06, 2010 at 06:55 PM.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    Objective: Replace rebels and mercenaries with new creatures in order to create more obstacles, difficulty, balance (primarily in the North and West), and diversity for the player throughout the game. Yada-yada-yada…

Units so far (most have assorted types and sizes which determine their attacks and abilities):

Drakes (small to huge) - Various types. Young, adult.

Spiders (small to large)- Young, Adult, Matriarch.

Stone Giants (Very large)- Just one size I reckon.

Wolves (xsmall to medium)- Young, Adult, Patriarch.

Wargs (small to medium-large)- Young, Adult, Patriarch.

Wild orcs and goblins (xsmall)- Assorted cannon fodder.

Wild Trolls (large-ish I guess)- One-headed and two-headed.

Wild Mumakil (large to very large)- Young, Adult.

Fell beast, as described in the book (medium to large)- Young, Adult.

-Possibly- some twisted Elves in the Far East to spice things up out that way.
    -Possibly- some fan fiction units and an emergent faction to spice things up late in the game.

* I need textures for pretty much everything above so feel free to help out. *
    I have faith in you my friend. I know what it's like to have an idea that nobody encourages. I know it's very difficult, if not impossible, to get beasts as such as these in-game, but look around you guys. Revelations are coming out in M2TW that were previously thought impossible. Curse of the Warpstorm and Call of Warhammer are shining examples of this. It was thought that single units couldn't be done, but with enough exploration, they found out that you can, in fact, have one man units even on the huge setting. Also, Bwian, has made tanks, dinosaurs, and robots for M2TW! Those have also been deemed "impossible". Remember when you guys doubted that Ents would be in this game? Look what we have now. Just like the world around us, we won't know what's out there unless we look for it.
    Last edited by The Holy Pilgrim; May 06, 2010 at 07:32 PM.

Someone actually said tanks were impossible? I mean it's just a "cannon elephant", right? Anything can be done as long as you can model/texture it. You can make clone troopers or walking bananas if you like. When people talk of "impossibility" in regard to such units they are probably referring to some deeper mechanics that one would expect of such a unit.

For example there's no reason why you couldn't make a Terran battlecruiser that "flies" the same way fellbeasts from lotr:tw fly. You could even make it bombard the surface with plasma torpedoes (cannon balls) or napalm (mangonel shots?) but you can't make a "true" battle cruiser because the game mechanics are such that this "space ship" can still be attacked and destroyed by a group of peasants or by a ballista shot not to mention the flying disorder.

What I mean to say is that people take this impossibility thing way out of context on both sides.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
    For example there's no reason why you couldn't make a Terran battlecruiser that "flies" the same way fellbeasts from lotr:tw fly. You could even make it bombard the surface with plasma torpedoes (cannon balls) or napalm (mangonel shots?) but you can't make a "true" battle cruiser because the game mechanics are such that this "space ship" can still be attacked and destroyed by a group of peasants or by a ballista shot not to mention the flying disorder.
    Not if you make that Cruiser have a radius and mass in which melee units cannot reach it

Reply et. al.

I already have them working in game ye of little faith, I have even fought a few battles to test them out using preexisting skins. I'm not some stupid useless fanboy, though there are many here so I can't really blame you for ASSuming.

I NEED SKINS for my finished models. Animations I am working on but most I need already exist and are working out well, one or two I will have to make.

As for whether you think it will happen, I don't care. I'm doing this for me not any of you. Though I honestly cannot see how so many think it "impossible" when it wasn't even that hard to do. I never thought it was impossible, its modding not rocket science... any idiot can do it if they would just try. I suppose one person said it was impossible so the rest of you just believed it.

No wonder I hate forums, maybe I shouldn't of even posted this in the first place. I doubt anything beneficial will come of it...

If you want to talk smack feel free to do so, but create your own thread to do it. I don't want to waste my time reading useless comments such as those above, this thread is for help and ideas.

If anyone wants to bet some actual money instead of some useless "rep," than I will take that bet. Otherwise... piss off.
    made my day, feel the same way it cant be impossible.

This is not that hard, I saw so many mods like this when I used to play BFME. I would help, but I aint payying for a modeling tool.

I will go with snow trolls then. But yea its mostly just a texture thing, I may plump them up a bit or something.
    Last edited by alreadyded; May 06, 2010 at 09:19 PM.

If you're looking for ideas on mercs/rebels, I've got a couple of (not so exotic) ones. First, there are several remnant or former kingdoms in the areas currently designated as "rebel"; Dorwinion, Rhovanion, the Balchoth, Minhiriath, Enedwaith, the Druedain, and Khandians come to mind. I'd suggest using those ethic or political groups as a basis for some of the rebels that you create, and I imagine that the rebels in the southern part of the map would mostly be comprised of such human groups. For the northern part of your map, I suppose that cave trolls, dragons, etc. would come into play. For Pitkarina, I wouldn't mind seeing Snowmen of Forochel, myself.

Good luck on your work: if successful, I for one would be impressed and thrilled, as would the rest of the TWCenter community, I'm sure.
    Is minic a gheibhean beal oscailt diog dunta!
    An open mouth often catches a closed fist!

I'd just like to let you know that for every person in here that screams in anger and nerdrage, there are probably 2 or 3 who are legitimately hopeful. (I'm one of them.)

Good luck on this!

I posted some crappy screen shots from one test battle, they are elephant dragons, very rare breed of dragon. It is pretty hard to get an elephant to have sex with a dragon.
    Last edited by alreadyded; May 07, 2010 at 01:31 AM.

Ellin Athinaios's Avatar Campidoctor

Nice dragons mate! If you can make them move like dragons, it'll be awesome!

Do you plan on making crawling dragons too? (without wings)

jản's Avatar █ kept in suspense █

//

Wow and +rep on the Screenshots of the in-game dragons.

what you have to understand is that at this mass and ideas for new content for TATW
    it is quite hard to believe that this what you have planned are more than just nice ideas.
    there were a lot of guys telling about having started on real custom unique settlements
    models and new extra ordinary units but they never came up with anything. so please
    don't be pissed of by us having first doubts about it.

but now as you posted screenshots everyone can see you don't just have ideas but you
    actually have first real progress and you are really serious about this, what was not so
    clear by your post just with the ideas and skinner request. in this case you defiantly will
    find guys that can help. but you better write potential skinners and other guys a PM/VM
    with links to this thread and you screenshots. You also should make a short "looking for"
    list in your first post with guys that you need for your project and what they have to do.

so keep up the good work and start loving (this) forum and keep us updated with your progress.

(PS: added subscription)

//
    Last edited by jản; May 07, 2010 at 02:37 AM.

I posted some crappy screen shots from one test battle, they are elephant dragons, very rare breed of dragon. It is pretty hard to get an elephant to have sex with a dragon.
    So those have custom animations?

They don't just slide around?

I would cut off the wings only Smaug and few others could fly and had wings, + they would look better, + you wouldn't have to bother with wing animations and worrying that they might look a little stiff.

koultouras's Avatar Πέος

@ all
    so , once again despite your/our stubborness,
    your /our disbelief/ and
    your /our flaming -new comers --behaviour (both here and to that other thread)
    the guy has just prooved you/us wrong!!!!

It is not the the first and definitely not the last time
    this happens, unless we all start to
    realise that offering something
    or even expressing the will to do it is
    -by far-superior of the countless --useless--
    posts here and there that either lack the knowledge on technical matters
    and are made serving solely the purpose of raising ones post count
    or even sometimes --- trully unexpainable why--try to prevent new modders to intergrate new elements

Is it sooooo difficult to just let a guy "win his spurs"?

I am just critising OUR behaviour as a whole an not making any comments on individuals
    I take this upportunity to invoke to some decency here guys.......

The guy was a newcomer-modeler and as a newcomer got flammed by us, without even waiting for a preview......

@Allreadyded
    PLZ ohh PLZ mate dont let those comments dishearten u ....great work and keep up.....

edit : and please accept my appologies about your reception!
    Last edited by koultouras; May 07, 2010 at 06:17 AM.

Question? Why dont I see this in this mod?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA5zA...eature=related

cries

Because it's extremly bugged.

oh....

ok, how about THIS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTD69...eature=related

Honestly, it seems like this game has some stupid limit on how far a unit can be thrown, which is like 15 feet no matter what I do. You can not even change the angle at which they are thrown, even in the crappy game BFME, you could do that.

You want Batman and Spiderman in this mod?

No seriously, do you mean there should be a Sauron model (The OP already mentioned it and others (Devils_Advocate) have tried it, too)?

Or do you mean something should be changed about how units get thrown around?