View Poll Results: Favorite faction to play as so far?

Voters
366. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mordor

24 6.56%
  • Gondor

81 22.13%
  • Rohan

25 6.83%
  • Isengard

32 8.74%
  • Rhun

14 3.83%
  • Dale

15 4.10%
  • Balchoth

5 1.37%
  • Variags

7 1.91%
  • Harad

6 1.64%
  • Eriador/Men of the West

35 9.56%
  • Reunited Kingdom

33 9.02%
  • Beornings

8 2.19%
  • Dwarves of Erebor

24 6.56%
  • Dwarves of Ered Luin

8 2.19%
  • Orocarni Dwarves

25 6.83%
  • High Elves

41 11.20%
  • Galadhrim Elves

26 7.10%
  • Mirkwood Elves

21 5.74%
  • Avari Elves

31 8.47%
  • Dunlendings

6 1.64%
  • Corsairs and Outlaws

11 3.01%
  • Orcs of the Misty Mountains

5 1.37%
  • Orcs of Gundabad

5 1.37%
  • Brood of Ancalagon

6 1.64%
  • Brood of Glaurung

2 0.55%
  • Brood of Scatha

2 0.55%
  • Spawn of Ungoliant

2 0.55%
  • Creatures of the Night

2 0.55%
  • Creations of Eru

10 2.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 16 of 265 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425264166116 ... LastLast

Thread: Dagor Ennor (aka PCP) ~ M2TW & TATW Re-Imagined ~ 31 Factions + 32 Rebel Factions ~ MAXED Buildings/Units/Regions ~ Interact with ALL the indigenous peoples of Middle-Earth... and then terminate them with extreme prejudice.

Default Re: ~Perillicious Creature Mod~

This is truly a great step for this mod. Adding creatures of middle-earth would just add to the immersion even more. I've watched this mod grow up and let me tell you it was not a let down! Btw you seem like a talented animator. Ever considered making animations for units in TATW after this project? Like make orcs fight more like orcs, elves more like elves, ect.

Groovy

I offered King Kong my help after I finished up what I could do and was awaiting 2.0, but he never took me up on the offer. Either he didn't need my help or he thought I was full of it. After I am done with this mod I will probably move on to M&B Warband... or perhaps Sins of a Solar Empire, that game has A LOT of potential. And they both actually have mod tools and support unlike any CA game I know of.

Or I can go back to Oblivion, that game is a modder's wet dream I can always take over that dead LOTR mod.
    Last edited by alreadyded; August 05, 2010 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    I offered King Kong my help after I finished up what I could do and was awaiting 2.0, but he never took me up on the offer. Either he didn't need my help or he thought I was full of it. After I am done with this mod I will probably move on to M&B Warband... or perhaps Sins of a Solar Empire, that game has A LOT of potential. And they both actually have mod tools and support unlike any CA game I know of.

Or I can go back to Oblivion, that game is a modder's wet dream I can always take over that dead LOTR mod.
    Did he accually ever ANSWER you? Several times he has not answered my PMs. Sometimes he does. Its really a hit or a miss when it comes to contacting that guy. And I garauntee you that if you made animations he would implement them into the main mod. Thats really one of the few places this mod is still lacking in, animations that fit the races of middle-earth. But of course if your wanting to move on that is completely understandable.

Groovy

I have contacted him a few times, and he has contacted me a few times. But the conversations always swing back to whether I can do the spider animation or not However, he has been very kind and has offered his support with everything except animations. I guess he is not very familiar with animations himself. As for implementing my custom animations with preexisting units in TATW, it wouldn't work out well I think. I made my models special and manipulated the hell out of the Rome Total War and M2TW animations, so they probably would not look good assigned to any models other than my own. The animations in this game overall are weak, all these animations are like a decade old. It would be easier to make a new game and new animations than to tweak the animations in this game so they look decent. I just got a little more creative than others, so mine look badass! I don't play this game much so I am not familiar with which units need new animations except for the wargs, which I am replacing with my own models and animations.

I still get rigamortis in my pants every time I see a horde of spiders or wolves charging and then springing at their prey. I haven't enjoyed battles so much since this game came out.
    Last edited by alreadyded; August 05, 2010 at 05:50 PM.

Micho157's Avatar Tiro

That's amazing, you are a genius! I hope this will be implemented somehow in a later version of TATW
    Proud Austrian

I have contacted him a few times, and he has contacted me a few times. But the conversations always swing back to whether I can do the spider animation or not However, he has been very kind and has offered his support with everything except animations. I guess he is not very familiar with animations himself. As for implementing my custom animations with preexisting units in TATW, it wouldn't work out well I think. I made my models special and manipulated the hell out of the Rome Total War and M2TW animations, so they probably would not look good assigned to any models other than my own. The animations in this game overall are weak, all these animations are like a decade old. It would be easier to make a new game and new animations than to tweak the animations in this game so they look decent. I just got a little more creative than others, so mine look badass! I don't play this game much so I am not familiar with which units need new animations except for the wargs, which I am replacing with my own models and animations.

I still get rigamortis in my pants every time I see a horde of spiders or wolves charging and then springing at their prey. I haven't enjoyed battles so much since this game came out.
    Haha ok. Btw pretty mch ALL units need new animations. They are just horrible.

Groovy

Well I am now adding my units to the campaign for a beta, only I haven't played 2.0 yet. So which factions do you guys believe need the most rebels? This is just for the beta. You can just list the top 4 or 5 factions you think are lacking a challenge the most. This will save me lots of time so please post a reply, the more the better.
    Last edited by alreadyded; August 06, 2010 at 04:11 PM.

Amon Amarth 930's Avatar Artifex

In my campaign´s Eriador/Arnor was always to easy.

Third Age Member (Fellowship-Scripter)
    Under the Patronage of MasterBigAb

Please rank at least 4 or 5 of the easiest factions. I know all of them except Gondor are pretty easy and need work (that is why I am making this mod), but I don't know which factions need a challenge more than others.

To my mind:

- Harad
    - Rhun
    - Eriador/Arnor
    - Dwarves
    - High Elves
    - Silvan Elves (rather later in the game)

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

I gotta say, this mod is looking preety sweeet.....
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

So things haven't changed much from 1.4 eh?

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

So things haven't changed much from 1.4 eh?
    not really, other than the fellowship camp.....and the Arnor thing. and the awesomness of your mod
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Well i tought about something.

not all rebel settlements should be overun by such creatures, some might be real human rebels, like the one settlement from gondor (the one the AI gets for free), osgiliath, etc

some settlements should remain in human rebel control, but these are very few, just for the sake of some realism..

just my opinion

Read the first post.

New mod team members, Thuringwethil has been doing unit descriptions for awhile now and I never got around to adding him to the first post, so my apologies.

~Amon Amarth 930~ Adding new regions to map. Coding and scripting.

~
    Thuringwethil~ Unit descriptions.

~
    Euripides~ Unit descriptions.

Could you make Wilderland have the strongest or the most wargs? Also, if you guys aren't already using this source, I suggest you do: http://www.tuckborough.net/creatureindex.html

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Icon14 Re: ~Perillicious Creature Mod~

New mod team members, Thuringwethil has been doing unit descriptions for awhile now and I never got around to adding him to the first post, so my apologies.

~Amon Amarth 930~ Adding new regions to map. Coding and scripting.

~
    Thuringwethil~ Unit descriptions.

~
    Euripides~ Unit descriptions.
    You guys have a lot to do, but the work so far is impressive It would be awesome to have more varied rebels to fight, and more "life" on the campaign map.
    + rep for the team

Yeah, thanks

Smaug

The 'chronologies of the Westlands' tell how the mightiest Dragon of the Age came from the North to the great kingdom of the dwarves in Erebor, the lonely mountain, in the twenty-eighth century of the Third Age. The Fire-drake was vast and bat-winged. Called Smaug the Golden, he was a fearsome bane to Dwarves and Men alike. With Dragon-flame, Smaug consumed the city of Dale and broke the Dwarf-kingdom of the lonely mountain. All fled or were destroyed and the golden Fire-drake took the riches of the place and for two centuries ruled Erebor unchallenged. Armoured with scales of impenetrable iron, he allowed diamonds and hard gemstones to encase his belly and protect his only weakness. Yet, in 2941, the rightful king of Erebor returned with a company of Dwarves and a Hobbit mercenary, who discovered the one weakness on Smaug's underbelly where a blade might cut. Aroused by the adventurers, Smaug emerged from the Lonely Mountain in wrath and unleashed his fire upon the land. Guided by the secret of Smaug's weakness, Bard the Bowman, a Northman valiant and strong, drove a black arrow into the Dragon's one vital place. Smaug fell screaming from the sky and, so, died the mightiest Dragon of the Third Age.
    Last edited by Thuringwethil; August 13, 2010 at 08:31 PM.