View Poll Results: Favorite faction to play as so far?

Voters
366. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mordor

24 6.56%
  • Gondor

81 22.13%
  • Rohan

25 6.83%
  • Isengard

32 8.74%
  • Rhun

14 3.83%
  • Dale

15 4.10%
  • Balchoth

5 1.37%
  • Variags

7 1.91%
  • Harad

6 1.64%
  • Eriador/Men of the West

35 9.56%
  • Reunited Kingdom

33 9.02%
  • Beornings

8 2.19%
  • Dwarves of Erebor

24 6.56%
  • Dwarves of Ered Luin

8 2.19%
  • Orocarni Dwarves

25 6.83%
  • High Elves

41 11.20%
  • Galadhrim Elves

26 7.10%
  • Mirkwood Elves

21 5.74%
  • Avari Elves

31 8.47%
  • Dunlendings

6 1.64%
  • Corsairs and Outlaws

11 3.01%
  • Orcs of the Misty Mountains

5 1.37%
  • Orcs of Gundabad

5 1.37%
  • Brood of Ancalagon

6 1.64%
  • Brood of Glaurung

2 0.55%
  • Brood of Scatha

2 0.55%
  • Spawn of Ungoliant

2 0.55%
  • Creatures of the Night

2 0.55%
  • Creations of Eru

10 2.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 13 of 265 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122233863113 ... LastLast

Thread: Dagor Ennor (aka PCP) ~ M2TW & TATW Re-Imagined ~ 31 Factions + 32 Rebel Factions ~ MAXED Buildings/Units/Regions ~ Interact with ALL the indigenous peoples of Middle-Earth... and then terminate them with extreme prejudice.

Lolyjoly123's Avatar Civis
    Croatia, a country near Italy if u wonder...

Default Re: ~Perillicious Creature Mod~ Help with improvements to unit descriptions is needed.

NICE! i wish you the best of luck man.

Default Re: ~Perillicious Creature Mod~ Help with improvements to unit descriptions is needed.

Winged Beasts Description:

In the time of the War of the Ring, the undead spirits called the Nazgul were carried aloft by great Winged Beasts. Swifter than the wind, they had the beak and claw of bird, neck of serpent and wing of bat. Living creatures like dragons, they were more ancient still, bred by Melkor in lurking shadows in the Ages of the Lamps, when Kraken and serpent came from the Pits of Utumno. Black and evil, strong and fearsome, they were fed on Orkish meats and grew beyond the size of any other winged creature of the Third Age.

Bats

The blood-sucking Bat was one of the many creatures bred in darkness from the birds and beasts of Middle-earth by Melkor. Bats were always known to be servants of evil, their lusts and habits well-suited to such purpose. The tales tell how even the mightiest of Melkor's servants used the Bat shape in times of need. Such was the form of Thuringwethil the Vampire, "woman of secret shadow". Sauron himself changed into a great wide-winged bat when he fled after the Fall of Tol-in-Gaurhoth. At the Battle of Five Armies in the Third Age of the Sun, bats formed black storm clouds and advanced in open war with legions of orcs and wolves to battle against Men, Elves and Dwarves.

While I understand that it has become something of a cliche today, it seems to me that there is a wealth of lore from Tolkien dealing with vampires and werewolves that could provide a basis for some very interesting units, or hero characters, that are lore related. Indeed, I could even envisage a whole new faction along such lines!
    Last edited by Thuringwethil; July 16, 2010 at 07:44 PM.

JorisofHolland's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    Yo Mama, ...Oh snap! Is anybody actually reading this whole post?
    The Enemy of Human Souls
    Sat grieving at the cost of coals;
    For Hell had been annexed of late,
    And was a sovereign Southern State.

Wolf-riders

In the Ages of Stars both orcs and wolves were bred by the evil hand of Melkor the Enemy. Their pact of evil began before the race of Men awoke and the Sun's light flooded the world. The hisotories of Beleriand tell how the Sindarin elves fought the Wolf-riders many times. During the Battle of Five Armies, the Orcs of Rhovanion entered combat mounted on the backs of Wolves that were called Wargs. These Orcs were named Wolf-riders by Elves and Men and they comprised the cavalry of the Orc legions.

Thanks for the descriptions, I will add them to the first post when I get a chance.

I posted some pics of wolves and wargs, though I have improved them quite a bit since those pics were taken. Still, you get the basic idea of what they will look like.

Great news for me is... I am running out of stuff to do!
    Last edited by alreadyded; July 19, 2010 at 04:41 PM.

Venia's Avatar Auxilium meum a Domino

Do you need skinning help
    SOI skinner/video maker/moderator
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1496,

Glad to be of assistance, alreadyded!

Wolves

In the pits of Utumno in Middle-Earth many evil creatures were bred to sow evil in the world, before the Sun shone. Chief of the beasts allied with the Orcs were the Wolves. They first came into the Westlands in the years of Stars and those of great size served as mounts for Melkor's servants. The Wolves were a great source of terror, though by the Third Age of the Sun they were lesser beings than those of early Ages. Still, they remained a dreaded race. The "Chronicle of the Westlands" tells of a race of White Wolves that came out of the Northern Waste during the Fell Winter of 29II and the snow of Eriador was stained with the blood of Men slaughtered by these ferocious beasts. in the "Red Book of Westmarch" tales are told of a breed of Wolf that in Rhovanion made a pact with the Orcs of the Misty Mountains. Called Wargs, they carried this breed of Orc into battle on their backs. Much feared, this alliance was a great evil and in the Battle of Five Armies the greatest element of the Orkish forces was its cavalry, comprised of great Wargs.

Carcharoth

The greatest Wolf in legend is Carcharoth, the Red Maw, who was reared by Melkor in the First Age of the Sun on living flesh and filled with great powers. Also named Anfauglir, the 'jaws of thirst', Carcharoth grew to a great size, his teeth like the poisoned spears of an Orc legion and his eyes burned red as coals. Guardian of the Gates of Angband, none could pass by him by sheer strength alone as he lay unsleeping, ever vigilant.

It's interesting to note that in the First Age the elves bred wolfhounds to counter the wolves, greatest of which was Huan, the Wolfhound of the Valar, who slew Carcharoth in the Quest of the Simaril, though he was bitten by that fell beast's venomous teeth which ensured his death would swiftly follow.

I've just read through the posts here and saw some comments on Huorns, so I thought I would recount the description from my Bestiary, even though they aren't to be included in this mod.

Through the Ages of Starlight and Sun, Ents walked the forests, great spirits which appeared because many other races came into the world at that time and Yavanna feared that the forests would be destroyed. In time, some Ents became more tree-like and some trees more Ent-like. Whether tree or Ent in the beginning, by the Third Age there was a race apart from either named the Huorns. Most of the Huorns stood like dark trees in the deeper forests, gnarled and unmoving, yet watchful. When angered, they moved swiftly as though wrapped in shadows and fell on their prey with deadly might. These were wild wood spirits bent on the destruction of all who threatened the forests, dangerous to all who went on two legs unless protected by the Ents. Ancient, some were black-hearted and rotten, such as Old Man Willow who inhabited the the Old Forest by the banks of the Withywindle.
    Last edited by Thuringwethil; July 22, 2010 at 03:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sirvinniei View Post
    Do you need skinning help
    Yes I do need help with skinning, I will drop you a line in the next few days.

Worms

In the First Age of the Sun, Morgoth bred the most powerful creatures in Arda, which came out of the Pits of Angband. Armed with scales of iron, mighty teeth and claws, and great powers of flame and sorcery, they were among the most feared beings in all the histories of Middle-earth. These great and ancient Worms of Morgoth were called DRAGONS by Elves and Men.

Morgoth made three kinds: great serpents that slithered, those that walked on legs and those that flew with wings like the Bat. All these Dragons were of massive size and power and their tales could crush the shield-wall of any army. Fire-Drakes breathed scarlet and green flames that scorched the Earth, while winged Dragons created hurricane winds that swept the land beneath them, destroying all in their path.

Dragons also possessed other powers besides their great strength and flaming breath. Their eyesight was keener than any hawk and, once sighted, their prey could not escape from them. Their hearing would catch the slightest breath of even the most silent enemy and their sense of smell allowed them to name any enemy by the odour of its flesh. Ancient serpents, their intelligence was renowned, as was their love of creating and solving riddles. Yet they lacked wisdom, for they were full of gluttony, vanity, greed, deceit and wrath. Comprised chiefly of the elements of fire and sorcery, Dragons shunned water and preferred darkness to sunlight. Vapours of their worm-stench were of burning sulphur and slime and their blood was black and deadly poison. Their bodies always glowed with a hard, gem-like flame. The very mountains shook when they laughed and their cruel reptilian voices were harsh whispers. Their eyes emitted rays of ruby light or flashed red lightning in anger and, combined with the power of their voice, they could invoke a Dragon-spell, binding unwary foes who would surrender to their mighty will.

Descriptions of individual dragons and cold-drakes to follow.

Fable's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Thuringwethil View Post
    Worms

In the First Age of the Sun, Morgoth bred the most powerful creatures in Arda, which came out of the Pits of Angband. Armed with scales of iron, mighty teeth and claws, and great powers of flame and sorcery, they were among the most feared beings in all the histories of Middle-earth. These great and ancient Worms of Morgoth were called DRAGONS by Elves and Men.

Morgoth made three kinds: great serpents that slithered, those that walked on legs and those that flew with wings like the Bat. All these Dragons were of massive size and power and their tales could crush the shield-wall of any army. Fire-Drakes breathed scarlet and green flames that scorched the Earth, while winged Dragons created hurricane winds that swept the land beneath them, destroying all in their path.

Dragons also possessed other powers besides their great strength and flaming breath. Their eyesight was keener than any hawk and, once sighted, their prey could not escape from them. Their hearing would catch the slightest breath of even the most silent enemy and their sense of smell allowed them to name any enemy by the odour of its flesh. Ancient serpents, their intelligence was renowned, as was their love of creating and solving riddles. Yet they lacked wisdom, for they were full of gluttony, vanity, greed, deceit and wrath. Comprised chiefly of the elements of fire and sorcery, Dragons shunned water and preferred darkness to sunlight. Vapours of their worm-stench were of burning sulphur and slime and their blood was black and deadly poison. Their bodies always glowed with a hard, gem-like flame. The very mountains shook when they laughed and their cruel reptilian voices were harsh whispers. Their eyes emitted rays of ruby light or flashed red lightning in anger and, combined with the power of their voice, they could invoke a Dragon-spell, binding unwary foes who would surrender to their mighty will.

Descriptions of individual dragons and cold-drakes to follow.
    2.0 is released!!!!!!!!!

Is it buggy? I don't really feel like playing it myself right now, I will probably get around to downloading it and testing it next week.
    Last edited by alreadyded; July 23, 2010 at 12:13 PM.

Is it buggy? I don't really feel like playing it myself right now, I will probably get around to downloading it and testing it next week.
    only the fellowship campaign is quite buggy

Quote Originally Posted by sirvinniei View Post
    only the fellowship campaign is quite buggy
    As long as that is separate from the "grand" campaign, or whatever it is called. I never planned on modifying the fellowship campaign, it is heavily scripted isn't it? Sorry for the questions, I never bothered to read up on 2.0.

Fable's Avatar Tiro

As long as that is separate from the "grand" campaign, or whatever it is called. I never planned on modifying the fellowship campaign, it is heavily scripted isn't it? Sorry for the questions, I never bothered to read up on 2.0.
    Yes it is

Default Re: ~Perillicious Creature Mod~

can you also try modelling "giant beasts"
    http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Great_beast

"Giant beasts" were just beasts of burden, like a big stupid ox. They would be useless and completely out of place in combat, which is why I did not include them originally. Also I have already maxed out the faction limit, so I can't add any new units unless they are the same size as another type of unit. This game has a lot of limitations, and I can only manipulate it so much. Not to mention I have to find a place for them on the campaign map, which is already full of all sorts of other creatures. All and all, I believe I have enough units in game to work with and keep me happy with a challenging campaign. I never stopped to count how many units I am adding to the game, but it has to be over sixty.

If you can think of any "combat oriented" creatures then I will consider adding those.

Edit: To anyone that asked (I am horrible with PM's, I know), feel free to use my signature or create your own.
    Last edited by alreadyded; July 23, 2010 at 03:13 PM.

"Giant beasts" were just beasts of burden, like a big stupid ox. They would be useless and completely out of place in combat, which is why I did not include them originally. Also I have already maxed out the faction limit, so I can't add any new units unless they are the same size as another type of unit. This game has a lot of limitations, and I can only manipulate it so much. Not to mention I have to find a place for them on the campaign map, which is already full of all sorts of other creatures. All and all, I believe I have enough units in game to work with and keep me happy with a challenging campaign. I never stopped to count how many units I am adding to the game, but it has to be over sixty.

If you can think of any "combat oriented" creatures then I will consider adding those.

Edit: To anyone that asked (I am horrible with PM's, I know), feel free to use my signature or create your own.
    WOW that is nice!!! Would +rep you if only I could...

I think Huorns would be cool, although you probably wouldn't be able to animate movement. You could always just make them stand still throughout the battle but give them amazing stats and the ability to hide in trees (you will only be able to find them in trees). So the chances are you'll run into them and lose a couple of men and then have to shoot them from afar.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy guy View Post
    I think Huorns would be cool, although you probably wouldn't be able to animate movement. You could always just make them stand still throughout the battle but give them amazing stats and the ability to hide in trees (you will only be able to find them in trees). So the chances are you'll run into them and lose a couple of men and then have to shoot them from afar.
    maybe just use the ent animation but make them wilder, more tree like

Amon Amarth 930's Avatar Artifex

Awesome work so far, i´m looking forward to play dragoons ingame
    Last edited by Amon Amarth 930; July 26, 2010 at 10:22 AM.

Third Age Member (Fellowship-Scripter)
    Under the Patronage of MasterBigAb