View Poll Results: Favorite faction to play as so far?

Voters
366. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mordor

24 6.56%
  • Gondor

81 22.13%
  • Rohan

25 6.83%
  • Isengard

32 8.74%
  • Rhun

14 3.83%
  • Dale

15 4.10%
  • Balchoth

5 1.37%
  • Variags

7 1.91%
  • Harad

6 1.64%
  • Eriador/Men of the West

35 9.56%
  • Reunited Kingdom

33 9.02%
  • Beornings

8 2.19%
  • Dwarves of Erebor

24 6.56%
  • Dwarves of Ered Luin

8 2.19%
  • Orocarni Dwarves

25 6.83%
  • High Elves

41 11.20%
  • Galadhrim Elves

26 7.10%
  • Mirkwood Elves

21 5.74%
  • Avari Elves

31 8.47%
  • Dunlendings

6 1.64%
  • Corsairs and Outlaws

11 3.01%
  • Orcs of the Misty Mountains

5 1.37%
  • Orcs of Gundabad

5 1.37%
  • Brood of Ancalagon

6 1.64%
  • Brood of Glaurung

2 0.55%
  • Brood of Scatha

2 0.55%
  • Spawn of Ungoliant

2 0.55%
  • Creatures of the Night

2 0.55%
  • Creations of Eru

10 2.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 265 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021223762112 ... LastLast

Thread: Dagor Ennor (aka PCP) ~ M2TW & TATW Re-Imagined ~ 31 Factions + 32 Rebel Factions ~ MAXED Buildings/Units/Regions ~ Interact with ALL the indigenous peoples of Middle-Earth... and then terminate them with extreme prejudice.

Default Re: ~Perillicious Creature Mod~ Help with improvements to unit descriptions is needed.

Ungoliant would be a dreadful encounter indeed:

Greatest of the giant beings that took Spider form was she, a mighty and evil spirit that entered the world before the Trees of the Valar were made. She was dreadful and vile and possessed of a web of darkness called the Unlight of Ungoliant, which not even the eyes of Manwe could penetrate. She came with Melkor to Valinor and destoyed the trees of the Valar. She even tried Melkor as her prey, who called the demons of fire named Balrogs to come and lash her with their whips of flame. Breeding with other great spiders, her gluttony was a fearful thing and it is said in her ravening hunger that she finally consumed herself in the deserts of the South...Perhaps, not!

Fable's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: ~Perillicious Creature Mod~ Help with unit descriptions is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    Stone Giants have been removed from the mod, there is no room to place them on the campaign map. RIP.
    Why not just place them in the misty mountains????
    That's where they lorewise were !

Default Re: ~Perillicious Creature Mod~ Help with improvements to unit descriptions is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Thuringwethil View Post
    Ungoliant would be a dreadful encounter indeed:

Greatest of the giant beings that took Spider form was she, a mighty and evil spirit that entered the world before the Trees of the Valar were made. She was dreadful and vile and possessed of a web of darkness called the Unlight of Ungoliant, which not even the eyes of Manwe could penetrate. She came with Melkor to Valinor and destoyed the trees of the Valar. She even tried Melkor as her prey, who called the demons of fire named Balrogs to come and lash her with their whips of flame. Breeding with other great spiders, her gluttony was a fearful thing and it is said in her ravening hunger that she finally consumed herself in the deserts of the South...Perhaps, not!
    Excellent description, I thank you.

@Fable, there are too many different kinds of units in this mod and not enough room on the map, especially in the Misty Mountains (look at the map in the first post). Stone Giants were never an integral part of this mod to begin with. I was going to make them to simply fill in space, now I have many many other units (too many) to do a better job.
    Last edited by alreadyded; July 12, 2010 at 11:31 AM.

Your welcome alreadyded - I'm just hoping that you prove the doubting thomas' wrong and complete this! And if I can aid in the process, so much better!

Here is a description for Shelob. I can do one for spiders generally, if you like, and for the wolves/wargs; please let me know if you still require help in this area.

When the land was broken during the War of Wrath, it is said that few spiders could save themselves from the rushing waters. However, Shelob, one of the great daughters of Ungoliant, and other lesser spiders crossed the Blue Mountains and found shelter in the Shadowy mountains which defined the realm of Mordor, where they grew strong again. After the First Age of Sun, only Shelob approached the majesty of Ungoliant. For two Ages, she dwelt in the the place called Cirith Ungol, the 'Spider's pass', in the Shadowy mountains. Many a Dunedain and Elvish warrior came to her realm but none could stand before her. She devoured them all. Like her great mother, she spun black webs and vomited darkness from her body. Vast and strong she was - armed with venom from her great beak and horns, long claws of iron on each of her many gnarled and jointed legs, hair-like spikes of steel and her underbelly paled with streaks of slime and luminous with her septic poisons. She had no weakness, except for the great, globed cluster of her eyes.

I also have some ideas for new units but if you dont need them perhaps I will message Ozzmosis to see if he is still interested.

I think the addition of new mercenaries and new units across the map, pertaining as much as possible to the lore of middle earth, will do wonders for a fantastic mod/game. I've just joined to thank the modding community for all your work and effort, which is greatly appreciated, and if I can help with any descriptions I can make a minor contribution myself. Thank you one and all.

Stone Giants were never an integral part of this mod to begin with.
    Have you seen this? Maybe something useful?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

with a more about lore reskin maybe?

Btw, do you complete all descriptions or something still missing?

Do you need 2d images or other stuff?

Yo Mama, ...Oh snap! Is anybody actually reading this whole post?
    I do

Good work!

I believe Ozzmosis is going to make stone giants now, but they won't be in this mod for quite a few reasons, too many to list. Basically I can improve the campaign a lot more without them. You'll see what I am talking about soon enough, and I am positive everyone will appreciate it much more than a couple units of stone giants on the map. After I get everything sorted and playable then I might add some, but only if it is possible, this game can only handle so much. It's very complicated

Pretty much every description on the first post needs some improvement or needs to be rewritten. Short descriptions are needed as well, I haven't done any. So go ahead and take a crack at any units you would like to. If it is an excellent description I will use it as a whole, if it is good then I will add to it. Any info from the books is desirable. Either way, with all the various units I made, I am sure I will find a use for any descriptions that are made.

Only 2d art I need now is images I can use for textures, I have no time to search for really good ones myself.
    Last edited by alreadyded; July 13, 2010 at 02:56 PM.

Descriptions it is then. Here is one for spiders generally.

The Great Spiders were among the foulest beings to ever inhabit Arda. They were dark, filled with envy, greed and the poison of malice. In the Third Age of the Sun they came into the forest of Greenwood the Great, which they made evil. So Greenwood went dark with the ambush of their webs and was re-named Mirkwood. Though they were small in comparison to their great ancestors, they were wise in the evil craft of entrapment and large in number. They spoke both Black Speech and the common tongue of Men, yet in the Orkish fashion, full of rage and evil words. In the passes of the Shadowy Mountains and in the darks depths of Mirkwood they grew strong again.

Ozzmosis's Avatar Domesticus

Yeah glassakias is working on them. Maybe they will be as you envisaged, or perhaps you could give us some ideas?

I was just going to make them really big and trollish with a decent amount of hair all over, and a loin cloth around the waist I guess. I didn't want them to be human looking at all as that just doesn't seem to fit for me. But there is no description of them at all as far as I know, so it's really up to whoever makes them. I have spent most of my creativity coming up with dragons and such as there is nothing written about them either, so I didn't spend much time thinking of how stone giants should look. I think Glassakias should just make them however he thinks they should be, I'm sure we all envision them differently. Are they going to throw rocks or anything? If they threw rocks and skirmished it would make them seem more "playful."
    Last edited by alreadyded; July 13, 2010 at 05:35 PM.

I would like them to be Ent sized and use their animations, but there is no throwing animation for that size, which is why I struggle to make rock throwing ents for my mod. You are right about their image though. It varies greatly, from the BFMEII version to more human looking versions. If possible, It could be cool to have them throw rocks.
    Thanks for your input!

This continues to excite me and i really hope that this gets released at some point. Too often have i seen excellent mods die and are never released.
    Keep going alreadyded and good luck!

________Loyal fan of Stainless Steel and Third Age________
    (\_/)
    (ಠ_ಠ { WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?!)
    c(")(")

I have never not finished anything! (whatever that means)

I thought of a few ways to get the stone giants to throw rocks, and though I never actually tried any I believe they would work well enough, some better than others. But if you plan on using the Ent animations then I don't know of a way. You could try modifying the model of a mounted skirmisher unit, and change the javelin into a stone. Or use the old invisible unit trick, not sure if those would work either though. Depends on yer skillz I guess, I have a knack for making things work. I would recommend not spending too much time on the unit though, I didn't plan to, as it may not be used very often since they were so small in number and only located in one place.
    Last edited by alreadyded; July 13, 2010 at 06:39 PM.

I have no way of changing the animations though, and I don't know how. I thought they should be really big, and the only thing which has an animation and is bigger than a troll are ents and balrogs. and they only have melee animations. Yeah I gave ents a ranged attack (or their invisible riders) which was a thrown catapult shot, wich looked good, except that they did not look like they were actually throwing it and they threw them while they ran! To work properly as a ranged unit, they would have to become missile infantry, and have a scaled up throwing animation.

I'm fairly confident I could get it to work decent enough, so if you can't find a way then I will take a crack at it for fun.

Ok cool thanks! glassakias has finished the model, and Master Necromancer may do the texture some time. I've kind of retired from unit making for the time being and only really administrating my mod, while others do all the work!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzmosis View Post
    ...only really administrating my mod, while others do all the work!
    ...sounds nice!

I have a question for the community here; at the gap between Minas Morgul and Cirith Ungol I wish to either stop or slow down Mordor from using that pass (making them use the Black Gate primarily, or entirely if necessary). Should I place Shelob in the pass and block it, or make a cleft off of the road? I want to make Shelob nuetral to Mordor, so they shouldn't attack her, but if I put her off of the road will her zone of control still slow them down in the pass?
    Last edited by alreadyded; July 14, 2010 at 05:13 PM.

actually i am the only one mad enough to mod for ozz in the middle of the summer, so "others" means me

modding is like an art, many would have such talent

I have a question for the community here; at the gap between Minas Morgul and Cirith Ungol I wish to either stop or slow down Mordor from using that pass (making them use the Black Gate primarily, or entirely if necessary). Should I place Shelob in the pass and block it, or make a cleft off of the road? I want to make Shelob nuetral to Mordor, so they shouldn't attack her, but if I put her off of the road will her zone of control still slow them down in the pass?
    If possible I would like a little change in the map there, with more passages or crossing points, all gathering in the pass of Cirith Ungol, it could be useful.
    But I suppose it is not easy. I dont' like so much the mountains in the map...

is it possible to disable roads in the cirith ungol region? and make the terrain through the black gate better? its hard to describe what im saying but if there are no roads through then travel will be much slower and the ai will take the road north through the black gates because there is a "highway" of sorts. could this be implemented

I don't think roads alone will have the desired effect until late in the game. Anyone know a good tutorial on placing units on the strat map? I suppose I'll just test it out, it should make the game better IMO, as long as Mordor still focuses on Gondor.
    Last edited by alreadyded; July 14, 2010 at 06:38 PM.