View Poll Results: Favorite faction to play as so far?

Voters
366. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mordor

24 6.56%
  • Gondor

81 22.13%
  • Rohan

25 6.83%
  • Isengard

32 8.74%
  • Rhun

14 3.83%
  • Dale

15 4.10%
  • Balchoth

5 1.37%
  • Variags

7 1.91%
  • Harad

6 1.64%
  • Eriador/Men of the West

35 9.56%
  • Reunited Kingdom

33 9.02%
  • Beornings

8 2.19%
  • Dwarves of Erebor

24 6.56%
  • Dwarves of Ered Luin

8 2.19%
  • Orocarni Dwarves

25 6.83%
  • High Elves

41 11.20%
  • Galadhrim Elves

26 7.10%
  • Mirkwood Elves

21 5.74%
  • Avari Elves

31 8.47%
  • Dunlendings

6 1.64%
  • Corsairs and Outlaws

11 3.01%
  • Orcs of the Misty Mountains

5 1.37%
  • Orcs of Gundabad

5 1.37%
  • Brood of Ancalagon

6 1.64%
  • Brood of Glaurung

2 0.55%
  • Brood of Scatha

2 0.55%
  • Spawn of Ungoliant

2 0.55%
  • Creatures of the Night

2 0.55%
  • Creations of Eru

10 2.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Dagor Ennor (aka PCP) ~ M2TW & TATW Re-Imagined ~ 31 Factions + 32 Rebel Factions ~ MAXED Buildings/Units/Regions ~ Interact with ALL the indigenous peoples of Middle-Earth... and then terminate them with extreme prejudice.

Default Re: Perillicious Compilation Pack (PCP) ~~~ Patch 1 Released ~ TATW Re-Imagined ~~~ 31 Factions + 32 Rebel Factions ~~~ Interact with ALL the indigenous peoples of Middle-Earth... and then terminate them with extreme prejudice.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    Just played your game a little, very good progress I have to say. I changed capital to Haranaer, lowered taxes in Caves, send one of your generals to Hamen so he can govern there. U lack money my friend, perhapse turtling around your few nearest towns with all your generals in one army, and giving Rhun Khand back( sell all buildings to get some money, and leave one small unit inside and set taxes to maximum, perhapse it will riot and become Rebel town). Everyone is upon you, I don`t see why, u don`t seem like a bad guy.

So, do u have MOS in that FIRST Third_Age_3 folder? If u have, make it a Dual installation, follow this guide http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...2#post11170662, and then do the PCP installation in that backup Third_Age_3 folder, installing PCP Cleaner first of course.
    no, i have the clear 3.2 version for installing this one, i dont want the dual installation ..

Default Re: Perillicious Compilation Pack (PCP) ~~~ Patch 1 Released ~ TATW Re-Imagined ~~~ 31 Factions + 32 Rebel Factions ~~~ Interact with ALL the indigenous peoples of Middle-Earth... and then terminate them with extreme prejudice.

Ok, but I ask u again, have u uninstalled MOS from the FIRST original TATW installation and then reinstalled TATW? It is the best solution, cause your backup perhapse got corrupted or something.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Ok, but I ask u again, have u uninstalled MOS from the FIRST original TATW installation and then reinstalled TATW? It is the best solution, cause your backup perhapse got corrupted or something.
    no, pretty sure my backup didnt corrupted coz i place it on another drive when my first install a playable 3.2, and every mode i copy from that drive and worked everytime, the only problem i enounter this time is the install tool

Turn off your antivirus program and see will u be allowed to procced with installation, don't worry, no viruses in PCP( if u have NOD, he is a true detective for EVERYTHING, even confirmed programs)

Quote Originally Posted by Rhagai View Post
    Damn you no edit button ... sorry for double post, but I just remembered a bug I wanted to report.
    If you look at Shelob, she has the one ring since 40 turns or so. But I got the wrong ring mission, the spider queen was summoned by the white council
    U get edit button after making at least 50 posts, or being a member of TWC for at least 2 weeks.
    Last edited by ElvenKind; August 12, 2012 at 05:44 AM.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Turn off your antivirus program and see will u be allowed to procced with installation, don't worry, no viruses in PCP( if u have NOD, he is a true detective for EVERYTHING, even confirmed programs)

U get edit button after making at least 50 posts, or being a member of TWC for at least 2 weeks.
    I have NOD32, turned it off but still the same issues, nvm i just give it up

thanks for the patience to reply

Quote Originally Posted by jackchan1228 View Post
    I have NOD32, turned it off but still the same issues, nvm i just give it up

thanks for the patience to reply
    Sorry for not being able to help.
    I was just googling around a bit and found this:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction (FIX).
    SYMPTOMS:-
    When you attempt to run a 16-bit program on a computer running Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 3, the program may quit immediately, or you may receive the following error message:
    Hidden Console of WOW VDM
    The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.
    CS: 04c3 IP:3937 OP:c71c 9d 37 00
    Choose Close to terminate the application.
    When you click Close, you may receive several similar error messages.

CAUSE:-This behavior can occur if you use an incorrect version of the Command.com file. For example, this issue is known to occur if you use a Command.com file included in Microsoft Windows 95, dated 7/11/95.

Solution:-To resolve this issue, replace the Command.com file in the Winnt\System32 folder with the same file from another computer that is running Windows NT Workstation 4.0 or Windows NT Server 4.0, and then make sure that there are no Command.com files dated 7/11/95 on the computer. You can also replace the Command.com file on the computer with the same file on the Windows NT installation CD-ROM.

Perhapse try this and see does it help, or google for The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction, and see any other solution.
    EDIT: Just remembered, u have win Vista, look for Vista solutions, I gave u an example for win XP.
    Last edited by ElvenKind; August 12, 2012 at 01:06 PM.

Alreadyded, unit info pictures going well, not as fast as I thought, but will give my best. Some screenshots of the Balchoth units:

Balchoth Assailants have unlocalised placement text as description:

And Corsair Nahptha Bombers( forgot to make one for them when doing their faction):

Beornings, Variags, Corsairs and Balchoth are done, moving on to next ones. Can`t find the Ruffiants unit for Beornings faction anywhere in custom battle unit rosters, have to start a campaign with them to make one screenshot of them in battle. Oh well..
    Last edited by ElvenKind; May 18, 2013 at 02:05 PM.

Sorry for not being able to help.
    I was just googling around a bit and found this:

The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction (FIX).
    SYMPTOMS:-
    When you attempt to run a 16-bit program on a computer running Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 3, the program may quit immediately, or you may receive the following error message:
    Hidden Console of WOW VDM
    The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.
    CS: 04c3 IP:3937 OP:c71c 9d 37 00
    Choose Close to terminate the application.
    When you click Close, you may receive several similar error messages.

CAUSE:-This behavior can occur if you use an incorrect version of the Command.com file. For example, this issue is known to occur if you use a Command.com file included in Microsoft Windows 95, dated 7/11/95.

Solution:-To resolve this issue, replace the Command.com file in the Winnt\System32 folder with the same file from another computer that is running Windows NT Workstation 4.0 or Windows NT Server 4.0, and then make sure that there are no Command.com files dated 7/11/95 on the computer. You can also replace the Command.com file on the computer with the same file on the Windows NT installation CD-ROM.

Perhapse try this and see does it help, or google for The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction, and see any other solution.
    EDIT: Just remembered, u have win Vista, look for Vista solutions, I gave u an example for win XP.
    Thanks, will try someday

every time I start a battle, the game crush and the messages medieval 2 has an nspecific error occurs o the screen

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon3010 View Post
    every time I start a battle, the game crush and the messages medieval 2 has an nspecific error occurs o the screen
    Perhapse u have to disable daylight savings: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...5#post11861075

If that doesn`t work, delete two descr_geography_new files in ...PCP\data.
    Last edited by ElvenKind; August 13, 2012 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellenpure View Post
    Gundabad orcs continue to terrorize western Middle Earth--two more battles with no CTDs. Alreadyded you're a lifesafer! We'll see if the fix holds. The diplomacy has been interesting--Dunland declared war on Mordor, making me have to choose one of them (I choose the former since they're on my border and great relations--Dark Lord will be pissed!). Then Dunland called a truce with High Elves. Just never know what's up around Middle Earth! One note, I'm finding that no matter how carefully I groom orc governors, or what buildings I have, they always seem to fall into bad traits like gambling, drinking, poor with taxes, etc. I suppose that is realistic! Best just send them all into battle and let the cities rule themselves.
    I will take a look at the negative traits and see if anything can be done. They are given by certain buildings when you have your taxes set to low (its a M2TW bug that has been around forever). I recommend keeping your taxes on normal unless you need to lower them due to unrest.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Green View Post
    I tried postings once before, but my phone doesn't seem to cooperate so will have to see if this works. fortunately it was mainly to mention the "foggy morning" or whatever it was written in the sky.
    was also going to say that when playing as gondor in the sandbox campaign all the generals for the corsair bandits that start in your territory are invisible/no models.

I've now started a new campaign as dale because gondor was feeling too easy on the difficulty I chose (h-h). this is also in the sandbox if makes any difference, the balchoth capital, uldonavan, (fortress level) has the black gate strategy map model.

in case I'm sounding too negative, these are all of course very minor things and easily outweighed by adding some much needed variety to the factions. thank you for this pretty impressive submod, good work
    I will look into these bugs. Yes the Sandbox Custom Campaign is a lot easier than the Third Age Main Campaign. In the Sandbox campaign you can become allies with Mordor, etc, or do whatever you want, which is why it is called Sandbox. In the lore accurate ones they are all at war with you and hate your guts, you have no choice but to fight them.

Thanks for the fix.
    I played with the spiders a bit and have a few suggestions/comments.
    My biggest problem right now is that I can't built diplomats. I don't know if it is a bug or if creature factions can not built them at all but I got big problems because of that cause every neighbor is at war with me.
    The young spiders are a waste of money, so I have a army consisting of 7 generals defending my lands, but expanding is not really possible with harad, variags and rhun pressing on the borders.
    In a siege battle I have to rely on mercenaries, because spiders can not use siege weapons. So I have to spend money for a unit I don't use to attack the city, that sucks. I don't know if it is possible but it would be awesome if the spiders could climb the walls.
    And some more descriptions on the buildings would be cool.
    So that's it for the moment
    I didn't give the creatures diplomats as they should not be making peace with anyone. Why are the Young Spiders a waste of money? Those are cheap, strong, and fast, use them to flank the hell out of your enemy repeatedly and you should win fairly easy. Plus you get lots of them so they can't be too strong or they will be OP. Most peeps already say they are OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Schmalz View Post
    Cue giant wall-o-text response

I'll keep the loose formation in mind, but most of my experience with the fire drakes has come from general battles - my starting troops were decimated in hilarious quick-draw firebreathing battles with the surrounding rebels, and I don't have large towns yet so I can't train any replacements. The drake chieftain units only have three members, so I've seen minimal effects from loose/tight formation.

You have an excellent point when it comes to power level, though. I've been fighting three-quarter stacks with 3 or less javelins in them with single generals, and as long as I'm very careful with the fire I can beat them. Chasing routers is miserable, though, all three drakes run in circles to the left of the routing unit. I remember Mumaks being bad at chasing routers too, but it's still irritating.

With regard to siege attacks I'm fine waiting them out, but sometimes I get impatient and don't want to wait for a village. I'll simply have to remind myself that giant dragons are not meant to fight in tiny villages.

Siege defense happens not too infrequently mainly because my only native troops are generals. Usually I can capture a settlement, but it will have 0% 'other' culture, and rather than spend thousands on mercenaries I buy one or two to provide numbers while my general's traits keep the populace from rebelling long enough to build some culture/law/happiness structures. Since dragons cannot build spies, I have to use watchtower networks to see enemies coming - but if I leave the settlement it will rebel... Thus I often miss enemies in newly conquered lands until they lay siege.

By the way, dragon generals always come out of manual battles with 9 or so guys instead of the 70ish they had on the unit card going in. This may be an artifact of whatever you did to get dragon generals in the first place, but it does weird things with unit xp and garrisoning strength.

I did have a couple other questions/comments for you:

Is there any difference between Uruloki, Plated Red Drakes, and Red Drakes aside from cost? I've looked in descr_mount and export_descr_unit and I can't find any statistical differences. (This question also goes for many other drakes and spiders that share the same stats)

If not, a possible way to differentiate them while simultaneously giving the faction a siege capable unit would be to change one of the dragon types to breathe projectiles based on flaming catapult stones. Might need several projectile entries for the different sizes of drake though...

Is the vast array of available mercenaries intended?

Would it be possible/would you be open to changing some of the lower tier creatures to horse/camel type rather than elephant? It's odd to me to see packs of wolves blithely running through stakes and ignoring pikes and spears.

Thanks! This helps, and I probably should have thought to try troll-fighting tactics on them earlier.

I really like this feel to the mod - was just surprised as the dwarves to find a rebel stack in one of my home regions with a drake patriarch, one or two adults, and several young. I also didn't expect them to crush my pikewall, until I realized they're all elephants and not horses

I've started a different non-dragon campaign as the Variags, and I am properly terrified of venturing into southern spider territory. The home region rebels are much more manageable though - no quarter stacks of drakes, just corsairs.

It was in an open battle - I managed to get them unstuck after some formation toggling and backspace order canceling. I'll see if I can get a screenshot the next time it happens.

Edit: If you would be interested, I might dabble in creating unit cards/info pictures as well. Would be mainly Variag and mercenary units, as those are the ones I encounter most.
    I don't think anything can be done about not mopping up routers, but I will look into it. Could be something as simple as changing the charge distance. Changing the creatures to camels/horses in the engine does not work as these units cannot have attack animations, only their rider can. I am still trying to figure a way around this so that I can make the Wargs and their riders both attack. If I can get that to work (I already did there is just a bug with the riders no showing up close up, only at a distance) then anything should be possible in terms of mounts and animations. However, progress is slow in this area as well as many others as I have so much other mod stuff to do and no one to help out.

I don't understand why you are saying you can't recruit spies, you had a couple in your saved game already and I tested it in your save and could recruit them as well.

It looks like I never finished up the Fire Drake stats, I will take care of it. The spiders I am still thinking of what to do with to make them unique stats wise. As for the projectiles, the Plated Red Drakes and maybe the Golden Fire Drakes will get the flaming catapult shot, just haven't got around to it yet. There are supposed to be a lot of mercs, though they are not really worth recruiting unless you need them. They cost a bit more and have no free upkeep, plus replenishing their numbers can be difficult.

If you could do some rebel/merc UI cards that would be great. I have no time for it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by jackchan1228 View Post
    thanks for the quick reply, but when i clicked the cleaner it says "The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction, then im forced to click "close", what should i do ?
    This is a Vista issue caused by your Framework version. M2TW has nothing to do with it. I will see about editing the .bat file to increase compatibility so it can be run on Vista. It is very common for Vista to not run .bat files.

Hi again, I have a question:
    In most of my settlements i have unrest of 55% and I don't know why, is there something I can do against that?
    I play the spiders and I manage all the settlements. The capital does not change the unrest and it is also declared as unrest (not cultural unrest or distance to capital), as if the settlements were captured a few turns ago but they are in my posession since 60 or so turns. Also they are near my capital (maximum distance is 2 provinces).
    I play a normal third age campaign and the regions should not be home regions as they were rebel at the start from the game. The thing that makes me think that it is some kind of script or bug is that it is always 55% unrest.

Here is the save game, just look at the caves and urayman. Khand is a different thing because it is so far away and has other culture and harondor was captured one turn ago so I can not say much about it (also has melkor culture). My three home regions do not have this unrest problem but nearly equal development.
    This is intended to keep the game difficult, it will be redone in the next patch though I think. It is caused by a modifier not a script, all you have to do is change one little number to edit it. Buildings that improve health, happiness, law, or order all lower unrest.

Balchoth Assailants have unlocalised placement text as description
    Fixed, thanks. Also I added your name to the first post. Everyone give him some rep for being the only other member of PCP.
    Last edited by alreadyded; August 13, 2012 at 06:38 PM.

Thanks for adding me to your OP, will help out as much as I can and know (for now not that much). EDIT: Alreadyded, u wrote my name wrong, I'm not 11Kind, but ElvenKind .

Thanks for adding me to your OP, will help out as much as I can and know (for now not that much). EDIT: Alreadyded, u wrote my name wrong, I'm not 11Kind, but ElvenKind .
    I suppose you will just have to change your name to ElevenKind...

Haha, joke as much as u want my mate, I am stil going to be Eleven, I mean Elven! Good night to u, bed time for me.. and my wife..

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

ElvenKind = 11Kind - best spelling in a long time
    Last edited by Ngugi; August 13, 2012 at 09:51 PM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

300 turns into a campaign, and other than the odd ctd (nothing until turn 200+), it all works pretty much flawlessly. I just read the first page of posts in this thread, I believe you have the right to feel a little smug. Awesome mod, anyway. I do have poor performance on the low level rebel settlements (the like white ruin buildings) when the game runs fine elsewhere with 6000+ men, there's a bridge instead of a land crossing leading into esgaroth (the dale capitol?) on the custom campaign TA FFA, I have no idea how it would make a difference but when I tried a siege of the city all the armies had died on deployment screen and were nowhere to be seen. And thats all I've run into so far. And thanks for all the hard work =)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsie View Post
    I do have poor performance on the low level rebel settlements (the like white ruin buildings) when the game runs fine elsewhere with 6000+ men, there's a bridge instead of a land crossing leading into esgaroth (the dale capitol?) on the custom campaign TA FFA, I have no idea how it would make a difference but when I tried a siege of the city all the armies had died on deployment screen and were nowhere to be seen. And thats all I've run into so far. And thanks for all the hard work =)
    I still need to improve the pathfinding file for the village level custom settlements (I did them really quick), this is what causes the lag. These changes will make the BAI better as well. Hopefully I will do that for the next release but may not have time. My changelog is already quite large and I haven't done most of it yet. Plus I am also adding some more new stuff. I would also like to redo the models and textures for some of the Variags, Balchoth, and Corsairs and Outlaws units but probably will not have time. So little to do and so much time to do it in... wait scratch that, reverse it.

I thought I removed the bridge to Esgaroth on all the maps, thanks for letting me know I will fix it. I tweaked the BAI further so those occasional random battle CTDs should go away or at least become even more rare.
    Last edited by alreadyded; August 13, 2012 at 10:31 PM.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

How much of the "real" factions are done this far? Also, what kind of coding needs to be done?
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Decanus

Is alreadydead Banned from TWC ???

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    How much of the "real" factions are done this far? Also, what kind of coding needs to be done?
    I am not sure what you mean by "real" factions. All the factions are done enough to be completely playable I just want to improve the models and redo the textures for the Variags, Balchoth, and especially the Corsair and Outlaws (which uses very dated Broken Crescent units) to a higher standard when I have time. The same will be done with Dunland, but they are not a priority.

Coding wise everything is pretty much done other than the Late Custom Campaigns which just need more buildings and stuff in descr_strat to make it seem like you starting late in the game. Some bugs are lingering out there as well, plus more balancing is always good. Also custom tiles and custom locations need to be fixed in custom battles but that is not a big deal. That is all I can think of off the top of my head anyway.

Then there is always adding Baron's scripts, something I will not be doing since I don't want them, but someone else may do it in the future.

Here is a list, so far, of what I want to do for the next patch;

weaken ered luin?

weaken avari?

beef up orcs more

minas morgul 2d image card wrong?

remove useless south island? Add South Tharbad and bridge?

Redo regions.txt? change Balchoth religion? Change Eriador religion? Add script for RK to TA?

Avari small faction logo missing.

unit(Corsairs) does not match up to the ownership for factions...

Add Forodwaith_Province and Sauron_Province to name change script.

Add Rebels faction to inflation script.

Change Galadhrim Archers recruitment time to 2 turns.

Add some new forts in desirable places?

Fix custom tiles and custom_locations for custom battles.

Improve creature faction building descriptions.

Lower battering ram attack and defense? Lower other seige equipment attack and defense? Beef up wall and gate strength.

Fix battle occasional battle crashes (replace all battle_wait 30 with 0.5? Remove anti-CTD simlulated mouse clicks which actually cause CTD's?) Redo "successful ambush" BAI, it sucks big time.

Finish double attack animation for new warg riders. Replace old warg riders.

Add Nazgul model to Fell Riders unit.

Animate flames on Balrog unit.

Finish up and add Small and Large Dread Banners for Orc factions.

Fix HQ Sky Mod; sunrise_fogged, sunrise_foggy, sunrise_rain images have text.

Fix Golden Fire Drake wing animation. Animate arms and legs already... ya lazy bastard.

Finish Ent Throwers animation. Use low or med attack animation for throwing animation? Make new one?

Fix Variag Guardsmen weapons and cloaks.

Rebalance fire drake units (stats are all the same)

Completely stop AI settlements from rebeling (lower unrest modifier?)

Omit creature factions religion from One Ring script.

Add building images for Slave Trade District

Resize Dain's Halls and Wormcove regions. Fix wormcove path if necessary.

Lower upkeep of diplomats? change name to Emissary.

Change chariot texture, add second one?

Fix mounts not mopping up routers if possible (M2TW bug).

Remove bridge next to Esgaroth in TA FFA and any others. Add a bridge one space away from Esgaroth?

Finish up pathfinding files for village level custom settlements.

One thing I would like to do, but is not necessary, is make a "Watchtowers" building that spawns watchtowers in your region using a simple script when built. I would need someone to gather good coordinates for watchtowers in each region though, and that is a lot of boring work. I still need to test it first though. Oh... I just thought of an awesome idea, yes it is possible. They can have permanent guards as well and be destroyed. Still not sure if I will do it or not though, I already got enough on my plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato The Great View Post
    Is alreadydead Banned from TWC ???
    Affirmative, they said I was too good and making them all look bad so they gave me the boot!
    Last edited by alreadyded; August 14, 2012 at 03:31 AM.