View Poll Results: Favorite faction to play as so far?

Voters
366. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mordor

24 6.56%
  • Gondor

81 22.13%
  • Rohan

25 6.83%
  • Isengard

32 8.74%
  • Rhun

14 3.83%
  • Dale

15 4.10%
  • Balchoth

5 1.37%
  • Variags

7 1.91%
  • Harad

6 1.64%
  • Eriador/Men of the West

35 9.56%
  • Reunited Kingdom

33 9.02%
  • Beornings

8 2.19%
  • Dwarves of Erebor

24 6.56%
  • Dwarves of Ered Luin

8 2.19%
  • Orocarni Dwarves

25 6.83%
  • High Elves

41 11.20%
  • Galadhrim Elves

26 7.10%
  • Mirkwood Elves

21 5.74%
  • Avari Elves

31 8.47%
  • Dunlendings

6 1.64%
  • Corsairs and Outlaws

11 3.01%
  • Orcs of the Misty Mountains

5 1.37%
  • Orcs of Gundabad

5 1.37%
  • Brood of Ancalagon

6 1.64%
  • Brood of Glaurung

2 0.55%
  • Brood of Scatha

2 0.55%
  • Spawn of Ungoliant

2 0.55%
  • Creatures of the Night

2 0.55%
  • Creations of Eru

10 2.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 263 of 265 FirstFirst ... 163213238253254255256257258259260261262263264265 LastLast
Results 5,241 to 5,260 of 5286

Thread: Dagor Ennor (aka PCP) ~ M2TW & TATW Re-Imagined ~ 31 Factions + 32 Rebel Factions ~ MAXED Buildings/Units/Regions ~ Interact with ALL the indigenous peoples of Middle-Earth... and then terminate them with extreme prejudice.

Default Re: Dagor Ennor (aka PCP) ~ M2TW & TATW Re-Imagined ~ 31 Factions + 32 Rebel Factions ~ MAXED Buildings/Units/Regions ~ Interact with ALL the indigenous peoples of Middle-Earth... and then terminate them with extreme prejudice.

Hi all! First of all i want to say the mod is awesome. I have a problem playing as Eriador im in turn 130-ish and when i click next turn, when it comes the turn of Orcs of The Misty Mountains it freezes and dont get past that, it stays there forever. Thanks!

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Default Re: Dagor Ennor (aka PCP) ~ M2TW & TATW Re-Imagined ~ 31 Factions + 32 Rebel Factions ~ MAXED Buildings/Units/Regions ~ Interact with ALL the indigenous peoples of Middle-Earth... and then terminate them with extreme prejudice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanmagus View Post
    Hi all! First of all i want to say the mod is awesome. I have a problem playing as Eriador im in turn 130-ish and when i click next turn, when it comes the turn of Orcs of The Misty Mountains it freezes and dont get past that, it stays there forever. Thanks!
    It's a bit hard to tell from this what is going on, but it could be this:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Of course it doesn't matter which mod is played (MOS in this case), it works for all of them.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Here are some long needed creature generals:

Creature Generals
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wolf 1.jpg 
Views:	470 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	354240Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wolf 2.jpg 
Views:	469 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	354241Click image for larger version. 

Name:	giant bat 1.jpg 
Size:	11.8 KB 
ID:	354242Click image for larger version. 

Name:	treant 1.jpg 
Views:	469 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	354243Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Warg 1.jpg 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	354244

Creature generals in tga format:

Creature Generals.zip
    Last edited by Veteraan; July 18, 2018 at 04:01 AM. Reason: Use edit, instead of posting two posts within minutes of each other

I've playing a Third Age Gondor campaign, free for all, but with lore accurate tendencies - first time ever as Gondor surprisingly. Just a couple observations:

1) Early on I swooped in to save Rohan, which was being gobbled up by Isengard. I gave them lands, money, totally put them back on their feet. Yet Rohan then quickly turned against me and declared war, and has continued to be a major nemesis. I've given them chances and tried to truce, but they keep turning, even teaming with Isengard and Mordor. So I'm in the process of extermination, they can't be trusted. Even Isengard has kept a more reliable truce! Anyone else had this experience with Gondor/Rohan?

2) Any hints on how to improve relations with factions? I've found that regardless of what I do or give the Corsairs, our relations stay abysmal. Maybe I'm not on the right campaign mode? I'd like a mode where the tendency is toward lore, but where with work I can change the relations.

3) Attached save game from Gondor campaign. Really have had many ongoing CTDs, during battles, while clicking on things within City dialogue box, etc. No real pattern. In particular with this save, when I have the Gondor stack in Dagorlad attack the Mordor stack, CTD every time right after I start battle.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Which CAI are you using? If you are using mine what they are doing isn't a bad thing, they see you as a bigger threat if you are more powerful so they should focus you unless/until Isengard is the bigger threat. Sharing a border is probably the main cause of your relationship woes with Rohan though, in the main campaigns the Lore Accurate or GvE scripts keep reminding these factions that there even is lore to follow so this should overwhelm any negative factors. In free for all they just start with these lore relationships and nothing reminds them if I remember correctly. Rohan has no idea you have long-term good intentions in anything but the main campaigns, and that is all scripts doing that. Rohan has a stubborn CAI, they shouldn't give up the fight against anyone they start fighting if it is a threat, the Corsairs just need to be beat up a bit and they should cooperate with anyone for awhile is how their CAI is set to work. You can try giving Rohan the same CAI as Corsairs using a console cmd I don't remember and they may simmer down. The CAI's for the 'main' factions is diehard basically so they never cooperate with Orcs or whatever doesn't make sense in lotr. This is the reason for that if I remember right. Even in sandbox Gondor should come to hate the Orcs and stuff like that, Orcs are Orcs, just because Gondor never met them doesn't mean they will get along. I already removed a whole buttload of M2TW scripts that cause positive/negative affects so not sure I can even do much more in terms of that without doing away with it all together for all factions.

Sounds like you want a script that adds .01 relation for all factions to offset the negatives, I use them in the First Age to create just such a thing, the ability to work with certain factions. I suppose it would fit in with Free For All as an optional script, I will add it to the list. Even in Free For All these factions, due to many factors like culture and crap, will inevitably fight. Even in the main campaigns Rohan and Gondor will duke it out when they don't have anyone else to fight late in the game. The CAI was designed to know this above all else, there can only be one winner in the end. The player knows it so I wanted to CAI to know it to and consider that in damn near everything it does. I did make a new optional CAI though for the First Age/Second Age that will be added to the other ages, the new CAI isn't near as selfish and sees the late game as a combined victory. This will not be the recommended CAI for the Third Age though since it isn't lore accurate to me anymore than GvE is.

More stuff will be added/removed to make all the custom campaigns different, right now the main focus for them is just keeping them working while I add in the First and Second Age crap to the mod.
    Last edited by alreadyded; August 15, 2018 at 02:04 AM.

I forgot to ask, anyone notice any custom settlement battle maps being wrong? Some may have gotten messed up in the Third Age while adding the First Age. I don't plan on releasing anything until I get these fixed in all the ages.

Civis

I haven't played the mod for a while (or anything tatw related for that matter), but I do remember Helms Deep not using it's proper battlemap, but rather a default town (or castle or whatever it is :p).

Quote Originally Posted by frotxy View Post
    I haven't played the mod for a while (or anything tatw related for that matter), but I do remember Helms Deep not using it's proper battlemap, but rather a default town (or castle or whatever it is :p).
    Thanks, I'll get it fixed.

@Kellenpure, you can try playing a Short Campaign. The CAI should focus more on short term goals like capturing certain settlements and killing certain factions and less on long term survival which is the main focus of the CAI in Long Campaigns so they can be long. Rohan may act more how you want them to in a Short Campaign since they will not see a strong faction (especially the player's faction since this is considered by the CAI) as the main long term threat as much I think.
    Last edited by alreadyded; September 13, 2018 at 12:47 PM.

Hi, I love this mod, and I'm playing this since beginning occasionally. Last week, I downloaded last version and I have two minor problems. (I'm playing third age campaing, lore relations, with creatures) (brutal&brutal)

1- I'm taking ctd's when I right clicked buildings or units, sometimes.
    2- Corsairs, night creatures, mordor, and south harad taking some rebel cities, but others not. I'm playing men of the west, orcs of gundabad attacking me only from one border province(we had only one); tour 140 but they didnt take even one province.

I dont mind first one, but second one annoys me. I'm sent troops with move_character cheat and take-give them with diplomacy to avari, orocarni, rhun, balcoth, dale, erebor, blue mounts, high elves, mirkwood but its reaaally annoying. (Isengard destroyed Rohan swiftly, Mordor destroyed rhovanion-beorn even before that, lorien destroyed itself???, night creatures taking nearly all of western provinces including some elven some dunlending cities)

halp.

Drevlianin's Avatar Libertus

Hi!

I have problems with installation.

1) I downloaded
    PCP Core Files Setup 1_01

First Age Campaigns ~ Alpha 1_01

Third Age Campaigns

Fourth Age Campaigns

First Age UI Patch

Third+Fourth Age UI Patch

PCP UI Fix2

2) I use WinRar
    3) I place PCP_File_Cleaner.bat in my data folder and run it.
    4) I install PCP_Files_Installer.exe and direct it to your mod folder
    5) I install another parts of game
    6) I move all files from patches to mod's folder
    7) But if I try open mod I see traditional TATW 3.2, not PCP

What have I doing wrong?
    PCP UI Fix2

Quote Originally Posted by gepeac View Post
    Hi, I love this mod, and I'm playing this since beginning occasionally. Last week, I downloaded last version and I have two minor problems. (I'm playing third age campaing, lore relations, with creatures) (brutal&brutal)

1- I'm taking ctd's when I right clicked buildings or units, sometimes.
    2- Corsairs, night creatures, mordor, and south harad taking some rebel cities, but others not. I'm playing men of the west, orcs of gundabad attacking me only from one border province(we had only one); tour 140 but they didnt take even one province.

I dont mind first one, but second one annoys me. I'm sent troops with move_character cheat and take-give them with diplomacy to avari, orocarni, rhun, balcoth, dale, erebor, blue mounts, high elves, mirkwood but its reaaally annoying. (Isengard destroyed Rohan swiftly, Mordor destroyed rhovanion-beorn even before that, lorien destroyed itself???, night creatures taking nearly all of western provinces including some elven some dunlending cities)

halp.
    Yes the second one is a huge deal, which campaign AI are you using? z3n's CAI is bugged like that and has been replaced for the next update. The PCP CAI should work better than that but the game can randomly screw up every once in a great while with the PCP CAI I am sure, though I haven't seen it and no has reported on the CAIs other than z3n's being bugged. If you play another game use PCP and please let me know if it happens again. If the PCP CAI sucks than the whole mod is essentially crap so I do want to know if it sucks. So fixing it will certainly be a priority. There is a console command that changes the CAI of each faction that you can use in your current game, I don't know how it will affect it.

I still need to release the rest of the UI bug stuff that is causing that issue so far as everyone knows. Deleting some building UI images from the files (or unit/info cards, anything you don't care about) to reduce the number of images should remove the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Drevlianin View Post
    Hi!

I have problems with installation.

1) I downloaded
    PCP Core Files Setup 1_01

First Age Campaigns ~ Alpha 1_01

Third Age Campaigns

Fourth Age Campaigns

First Age UI Patch

Third+Fourth Age UI Patch

PCP UI Fix2

2) I use WinRar
    3) I place PCP_File_Cleaner.bat in my data folder and run it.
    4) I install PCP_Files_Installer.exe and direct it to your mod folder
    5) I install another parts of game
    6) I move all files from patches to mod's folder
    7) But if I try open mod I see traditional TATW 3.2, not PCP

What have I doing wrong?
    PCP UI Fix2
    Don't install all the files, just PCP Core and one of the campaigns at first and make sure it works, then install the patches if you want. Reading someone else's instructions on moddb should help you make sense of it. There is also a thread for install help in the instructions, I don't think people in this thread are the helping sort, they just tell me what to do. I am their 'volunteer slave' so to speak.
    Last edited by alreadyded; November 03, 2018 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    Yes the second one is a huge deal, which campaign AI are you using? z3n's CAI is bugged like that and has been replaced for the next update. The PCP CAI should work better than that but the game can randomly screw up every once in a great while with the PCP CAI I am sure, though I haven't seen it and no has reported on the CAIs other than z3n's being bugged. If you play another game use PCP and please let me know if it happens again. If the PCP CAI sucks than the whole mod is essentially crap so I do want to know if it sucks. So fixing it will certainly be a priority. There is a console command that changes the CAI of each faction that you can use in your current game, I don't know how it will affect it.

I think 3th age with monsters campaign. I cant remember other chosings.

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    Which CAI are you using? If you are using mine what they are doing isn't a bad thing, they see you as a bigger threat if you are more powerful so they should focus you unless/until Isengard is the bigger threat. Sharing a border is probably the main cause of your relationship woes with Rohan though, in the main campaigns the Lore Accurate or GvE scripts keep reminding these factions that there even is lore to follow so this should overwhelm any negative factors. In free for all they just start with these lore relationships and nothing reminds them if I remember correctly. Rohan has no idea you have long-term good intentions in anything but the main campaigns, and that is all scripts doing that. Rohan has a stubborn CAI, they shouldn't give up the fight against anyone they start fighting if it is a threat, the Corsairs just need to be beat up a bit and they should cooperate with anyone for awhile is how their CAI is set to work. You can try giving Rohan the same CAI as Corsairs using a console cmd I don't remember and they may simmer down. The CAI's for the 'main' factions is diehard basically so they never cooperate with Orcs or whatever doesn't make sense in lotr. This is the reason for that if I remember right. Even in sandbox Gondor should come to hate the Orcs and stuff like that, Orcs are Orcs, just because Gondor never met them doesn't mean they will get along. I already removed a whole buttload of M2TW scripts that cause positive/negative affects so not sure I can even do much more in terms of that without doing away with it all together for all factions.

Sounds like you want a script that adds .01 relation for all factions to offset the negatives, I use them in the First Age to create just such a thing, the ability to work with certain factions. I suppose it would fit in with Free For All as an optional script, I will add it to the list. Even in Free For All these factions, due to many factors like culture and crap, will inevitably fight. Even in the main campaigns Rohan and Gondor will duke it out when they don't have anyone else to fight late in the game. The CAI was designed to know this above all else, there can only be one winner in the end. The player knows it so I wanted to CAI to know it to and consider that in damn near everything it does. I did make a new optional CAI though for the First Age/Second Age that will be added to the other ages, the new CAI isn't near as selfish and sees the late game as a combined victory. This will not be the recommended CAI for the Third Age though since it isn't lore accurate to me anymore than GvE is.

More stuff will be added/removed to make all the custom campaigns different, right now the main focus for them is just keeping them working while I add in the First and Second Age crap to the mod.
    Good explanation, that all makes sense of what I'm seeing in the game. I tend to get into role playing mode and forget that there is a Highlander - "there can be only one" - factor going on.

Hi everyone!

Is this thread closed?
    Sorry to resurrect it if it is. I will delete my post if this is the case.
    In the meantime I'll try asking things here^^

I have some questions about the third age campaign, because I haven't played PCP for quite a long time and many things have changed!
    I just finished my install to begin a Beorning campaign.

I have some pretty funny CTD with the usual unresolved error. It seems that once in a while, in a field or siege battle, I crash while panning the camera on some element (I don't know which one, texture from battlefield or units)... Is there anything documented on the issue? Does anybody know where it could come from? (It is quite funny to win battles by moving units on the small map and looking at the grass, but it might become boring at some point^^)

I also crash at the end of loading against drakes when they sally out, but not when I assault... (go figure?) Aaaaaaaaaand now it crashes also when I assault...^^

Came to about turn 20 by dodging crashes and changing turn has now become VERY long... In like 4 turns it came from 10 seconds to 50...

Last question, I would really like to go for the reuniting of the northmen, do you know where I can find the requirements to do so?

Thank you for your work, I really like this mod! Hope I can play it again soon!
    And thank you for your help!
    Last edited by JaNcEn47; August 23, 2019 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JaNcEn47 View Post
    Hi everyone!

Is this thread closed?
    Sorry to resurrect it if it is. I will delete my post if this is the case.
    In the meantime I'll try asking things here^^

I have some questions about the third age campaign, because I haven't played PCP for quite a long time and many things have changed!
    I just finished my install to begin a Beorning campaign.

I have some pretty funny CTD with the usual unresolved error. It seems that once in a while, in a field or siege battle, I crash while panning the camera on some element (I don't know which one, texture from battlefield or units)... Is there anything documented on the issue? Does anybody know where it could come from? (It is quite funny to win battles by moving units on the small map and looking at the grass, but it might become boring at some point^^)

I also crash at the end of loading against drakes when they sally out, but not when I assault... (go figure?) Aaaaaaaaaand now it crashes also when I assault...^^

Came to about turn 20 by dodging crashes and changing turn has now become VERY long... In like 4 turns it came from 10 seconds to 50...

Last question, I would really like to go for the reuniting of the northmen, do you know where I can find the requirements to do so?

Thank you for your work, I really like this mod! Hope I can play it again soon!
    And thank you for your help!
    Hang in there! It has been quiet lately, but I don't think this has been abandoned. The main modder (Alreadyded) has been working on a Second Age mod more recently, so you might find more action over there.

nadalio's Avatar Civis
    Where the nameless things gnawing the earth

Hi Already Dead,
    How is your project going?
    About your mod, one of the faction, be have like an horde? If yes what was that faction? How did you change it from normal to horde?

Hello dear dev. Your mod looks very promising even though there barely any videos, unfortunately the installer doesn't seem to work (at least for win10). I've tried running it as admin, compatibily etc. but with no success. Could you replace it with a DaC-like installer? Salutations.

Since I haven't seen much action on here in a while, I started messing with some of my own minor modding. Had some success modifying descr_mercenaries, and export_descr_buildings, but every time I try to do the most minor thing to descr_strat I can't even start the campaign. I've read tutorials, but the submod campaigns in TATW PCP (such as for example, "Third Age Free For All") have two descr_strat files, one in the campaign folder and another within a "descr_strat" folder within the campaign. Is there anyone who can provide a very basic run down of how I would edit the descr_strat, and which map.wrm files I need to be deleting and exactly when?

Actually, figured it out. All about using Notepad++ , instead of normal Notepad. Duh

Quote Originally Posted by Kellenpure View Post
    Since I haven't seen much action on here in a while, I started messing with some of my own minor modding. Had some success modifying descr_mercenaries, and export_descr_buildings, but every time I try to do the most minor thing to descr_strat I can't even start the campaign. I've read tutorials, but the submod campaigns in TATW PCP (such as for example, "Third Age Free For All") have two descr_strat files, one in the campaign folder and another within a "descr_strat" folder within the campaign. Is there anyone who can provide a very basic run down of how I would edit the descr_strat, and which map.wrm files I need to be deleting and exactly when?

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

you mean the LF instead of CR LF ctd´s