View Poll Results: Favorite faction to play as so far?

Voters
366. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mordor

24 6.56%
  • Gondor

81 22.13%
  • Rohan

25 6.83%
  • Isengard

32 8.74%
  • Rhun

14 3.83%
  • Dale

15 4.10%
  • Balchoth

5 1.37%
  • Variags

7 1.91%
  • Harad

6 1.64%
  • Eriador/Men of the West

35 9.56%
  • Reunited Kingdom

33 9.02%
  • Beornings

8 2.19%
  • Dwarves of Erebor

24 6.56%
  • Dwarves of Ered Luin

8 2.19%
  • Orocarni Dwarves

25 6.83%
  • High Elves

41 11.20%
  • Galadhrim Elves

26 7.10%
  • Mirkwood Elves

21 5.74%
  • Avari Elves

31 8.47%
  • Dunlendings

6 1.64%
  • Corsairs and Outlaws

11 3.01%
  • Orcs of the Misty Mountains

5 1.37%
  • Orcs of Gundabad

5 1.37%
  • Brood of Ancalagon

6 1.64%
  • Brood of Glaurung

2 0.55%
  • Brood of Scatha

2 0.55%
  • Spawn of Ungoliant

2 0.55%
  • Creatures of the Night

2 0.55%
  • Creations of Eru

10 2.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 265 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156106 ... LastLast

Thread: Dagor Ennor (aka PCP) ~ M2TW & TATW Re-Imagined ~ 31 Factions + 32 Rebel Factions ~ MAXED Buildings/Units/Regions ~ Interact with ALL the indigenous peoples of Middle-Earth... and then terminate them with extreme prejudice.

Default Re: Perillicious Creature Mod

I don't want to use anyone elses model, besides the dragons are already modeled for the most part and they look A LOT better than that.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

true, true

SKYKRIM's Avatar Civis

An Idea for barrow wights- its not the full figure but I hope you find this useful & can't wait for this mod looks fantastic so far

you could try creating Huorns. these are ents who have slowly fallen to a tree-like condition. they will be like trees, move slowly and use ent texture. area attack and huge defence. they most propably should be in fangorn and the in the old forest, near the shire.

JorisofHolland's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by glassakias View Post
    you could try creating Huorns. these are ents who have slowly fallen to a tree-like condition. they will be like trees, move slowly and use ent texture. area attack and huge defence. they most propably should be in fangorn and the in the old forest, near the shire.
    Were there Huorns in the Old Forest? I should really read the Fellowship again.
    The Enemy of Human Souls
    Sat grieving at the cost of coals;
    For Hell had been annexed of late,
    And was a sovereign Southern State.

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JorisofHolland View Post
    Not expressis verbis mentioned, but trees that move well ... more than just an indication.

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

as aikanar said, no mention made, it just fits. you could rename huorns into "evil trees" or something, like that willow thing but they will be the same thing: moving trees. anyway, it has been mentioned that this is not a lore based submod.

Quote Originally Posted by JorisofHolland View Post
    Well I think 'Old man Willow' is something like a Huorn (the books are a bit vague: Huorns could be trees that became Ent-like or Ents that become tree like) also Sam (or Peregrin) talks in the Green Dragon about a cousin of his seeing a tall tree like creature in the area of the shire.

I think Huorns should look *exactly* (or very close) to regular trees - an not be able to move at all during the game. Instead they should come alive when their enemies come too close (using a ground / area attack simulating their root attack). This way they are a bit like booby traps of the forrest - and different from Ents. They could be either neutral or side with the Elves.

They should attack in particular *all* troops carrying axes and be most vulnerable to axes and fire.

Quote Originally Posted by bazziman View Post
    I think Huorns should look *exactly* (or very close) to regular trees - an not be able to move at all during the game. Instead they should come alive when their enemies come too close (using a ground / area attack simulating their root attack). This way they are a bit like booby traps of the forrest - and different from Ents. They could be either neutral or side with the Elves.
    i will disagree. i thing they should be really slow units, which look like trees. i don't think making them immobile at some cases and move at others is possible, nor that neutral thing. they will either attack all enemies, or be allied with one of them. however, you could make the "ent-huorn" faction allied to elves at the start of the game. good idea regarding the animation though
    Quote Originally Posted by bazziman View Post
    They should attack in particular *all* troops carrying axes and be most vulnerable to axes and fire.
    can't make a unit show preference to another type of unit. vulnerability to axes can be achieved by giving them a high armor value, so that AP is (seems) more effective against them

No armies of trees, I thought about making them awhile back and it would be very easy, but they don't fit with the game play I am envisioning at all. This mod is very lore based as of now, except for some of the dragons, seeing as there is little mention of details about them (if any) and many strikingly different artistic renderings (or none at all) I am taking some liberties (mostly with their heads). However, they all either look very serpent and/or lizard like so that in itself is lore enough. The large serpents with only two front claws worked out well too, I really had my doubts about them in-game but no problems so far.

Almost all of the models are done, but it will probably take me a few weeks to skin them because I will want to spread it out.

Edit: I still need various textures if you know of any that could work for any of the units listed in the first post.
    Last edited by alreadyded; May 16, 2010 at 11:34 PM.

if you mean that moving trees are not lore based, then i ensure they are. if you mean you don't want them for a reason of you own, then it's up to you. your submod after all
    Last edited by glassakias; May 17, 2010 at 11:38 AM.

JorisofHolland's Avatar Primicerius

Never argue with a/the modder they will drag you down to their own level and beat you with experience!
    The Enemy of Human Souls
    Sat grieving at the cost of coals;
    For Hell had been annexed of late,
    And was a sovereign Southern State.

I am already making different creatures for every different type of terrain that there is. So there is no real will or need to make fighting trees, even if they were in the books briefly. I don't want the campaign map to become too cluttered... I just want it to be unsafe to travel until your lands are cleared of rebels, after that your trading will prosper, which I think is how it should be.
    Last edited by alreadyded; May 17, 2010 at 03:29 PM.

This looks cool

Good luck with it!

This submod sounds awesome.
    Good luck!

BanditKS's Avatar Ordinarius

Cant wait to see where this goes!

Quote Originally Posted by glassakias View Post
    if you mean that moving trees are not lore based, then i ensure they are. if you mean you don't want them for a reason of you own, then it's up to you. your submod after all
    They are lore based and they are called Huors they helped at the battle of Helms Deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Necromancer View Post
    They are lore based and they are called Huors they helped at the battle of Helms Deep.
    that's what i said

Ellin Athinaios's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Master Necromancer View Post
    Huorns. (Unless you mean many Huors, as in the Huor father of Tuor, in plural..)

Quote Originally Posted by Ellin Athinaios View Post
    Huorns. (Unless you mean many Huors, as in the Huor father of Tuor, in plural..)
    Thanks well my version of the book is in Serbian so I don't really know how to translate the names.